This Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe is a tasty side dish that is as easy to make as it is pretty to look at.
With colorful bits of green adding color and a flavorful kick, you’re going to love it. Instant pot cilantro lime rice is a great way to make dinner simplified.
I love making Cilantro Lime Rice as a side dish for my fam.
I also make Cilantro Lime Rice on the Stove which is also super easy. Regardless of how you make this side dish recipe, it pairs beautifully with many recipes.
With an Instant Pot you can saute the rice before you cook it in a little butter. Doing this gets you that great natural nutty flavor you can’t get from a rice cooker.
With this added step the Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe is irresistibly good with a layer of flavors and textures.
So if you’re looking for a simple and easy to follow rice recipe, this Cilantro Lime Rice delivers.
Everything you’d expect from an amazing restaurant quality side, but made in the comfort of your own home!
With how fast and minimal the recipe is, you can have more time to do what you want while you wait for it to cook. Doesn’t that sound great?
Cilantro Lime Rice Ingredients:
- 2 Tbl Butter
- 1 1/4 Cup Rice
- 1 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbl Lime Juice
- 2 Tbl Chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
How to make Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- Heat your Instant Pot on the Saute mode until it reads “Hot.”
- Add in the Butter and Rice and allow the rice to brown for 4-5 minutes while stirring.
- The Rice will turn white and then golden brown as it cooks.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add in the chicken broth and deglaze the bottom of the Instant Pot. Scrape off any burned bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add Salt, Lime Juice, Cilantro and Cumin and stir.
- Close the Lid and Close the Seal Valve.
- Set to Pressure Cook for 6 minutes.
- Allow for a 6 minute Natural Pressure Release.
- Open the Lid and then fluff the rice with a fork.
Can I make Cilantro Lime Rice on the Stove?
Yes! Making Cilantro Lime Rice on the stovetop is very easy to do. You can view my post and my video about how to make cilantro rice on the stove by clicking here.
What does Cilantro Lime Rice Taste Like?
It’s a rice side dish that’s as delicious as it is beautiful to look at.
With soft textured rice and a kick of flavor, it’s perfect to serve with anything. Refreshing, tangy, and a slight kick of spice are what make this dish unique.
What do you eat with Cilantro Lime Rice?
The possibilities are endless. We love making Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas to serve with this recipe.
How many will this recipe serve?
Rice is a side dish, and I find it will feed 4-6 servings
Can I make Rice ahead of time?
Absolutely! Rice is one of those things that can be made up to a few days in advance and then reheated before serving. Although, to be honest, fresh rice always tastes best.
Can I freeze Rice?
Yes you can! Freezing rice is easy and great for making future meals.
After your rice has cooked, pack it into an airtight container and let it cool. Once cooled, seal the container and place it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
To reheat your rice, place it in a covered pot on the stove, on low. Add in about 2 tablespoons of water per cup of rice and let the steam help warm the rice. You can also add in a little butter for more flavorful rice.
What kind of rice is best?
The most commonly used rice for this dish is long grain white rice.
That said some people choose Basmati rice too. For a little more floral flavor you could use Jasmine rice if you wanted.
So choose the rice you think is best based on your budget and what you like or feel comfortable cooking.
What to serve with Cilantro Lime Rice
We’ve got you covered with this list of great recipes!
- Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Sweet Salsa Chicken Salad
- Navajo Tacos
- Spanish Rice
- Honey Lime Enchiladas
- Pork Street Tacos
- Ground Turkey Tacos
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos
- Ground Turkey Taco Lettuce Wrap
- Chicken Taquitos
- BBQ Chicken Tostada
- Fiesta Chicken Casserole
Instant Pot Cilantro Rice
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 1/4 cup Rice
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Heat Instant Pot on Saute until it reads "Hot"
- Add Butter and Rice and allow rice to brown 4-5 minutes stirring
- Turn Instant Pot off
- Add chicken broth and deglaze bottom of pot. Scrape any burned bits off bottom with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add Salt, Lime Juice, Cilantro and Cumin and stir
- Close Lid and Close Seal Valve and set on Pressure Cook for 6 minutes
- Allow for a 6 minute Natural Pressure Release
- Open Lid and fluff rice with a fork