Making Holiday Cookies is a large part of our family traditions and we love the simplicity of Grinch Dipped Oreos. Who doesn't love the Classic Grinch Movie, and of course we all remember this famous quote - “Maybe Christmas (he thought) doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more.”. So this year, remember the value of time and make some memories with those you love.
You've seen me make other Dipped Oreo Cookies, I think my favorite is the Valentine Oreos with the pink candy wafers and fun heart sprinkles. Make sure to take a look at these Frozen Themed Oreos too. They are so fun!
Within a few minutes, you can have these Grinch Dipped Oreos made and almost ready to eat (you will have to wait a few minutes for the candy wafer to set) but there are no laws against eating melted chocolate while it’s still messy. In fact, that could be half of the fun!
Looking for holiday desserts that are easy enough for your kids to help with can be difficult. But with these Grinch Oreos, they can help out and be super excited about their efforts.
While they shouldn’t be using the hot Instant Pot, they can definitely help to sort the Oreos, line them up or even carefully dip them depending on their level of maturity.
Dipped Oreos are an incredibly easy treat to make but don’t underestimate how impressive they can look once they’re done. A Grinch theme is as simple as a green color and a red heart sprinkle but you can get even more creative to fit other themes as well.
Check out these other Grinch Recipes:
- Grinch Fudge
- Grinch Pretzel Bites
What Do You Need to Make Grinch Dipped Oreos?
- 1 pkg Oreos (36 cookies)
- 1 Pkg Green Wafer Candies
- 36 Candy Hearts
How to make Grinch Oreos Cookies In the Instant Pot
- Place 2 cups of water in an Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker.
- Press the Saute button.
- In a large glass bowl, place the Green Candy Wafers.
- Place the bowl on top of the Pressure Cooker.
- Steam from the water will heat up the glass bowl and melt the candy wafers.
- Stir the wafers as they melt until smooth.
- Turn the Pressure Cooker off.
- Place the Parchment Paper on the cookie sheet.
- Dip half of the Oreo in the melted candy wafers and then place them on the cookie sheet.
- Place 1 candy heart on each Dipped Oreo.
- Allow them to cool completely and then enjoy.
How to Store Grinch Oreos Cookies
Storing Grinch cookies is much easier after you have allowed them to cool. Once cooled, the candy wafers won’t spread or stick to other cookies so they can be stored in a Zip-loc bag or even inside a cookie jar and do just fine. An airtight container is best if you don’t want your cookies to become stale.
Where to buy Heart Candy Pieces
You can buy candy hearts just like the ones that I used from Amazon or Zurchers a party supply store. These candy hearts are pretty much the centerpiece that brings the Grinch theme to life, so they’re kind of important for getting the finished look that you are hoping to get
How to melt Candy Wafter in Microwave
Place Candy Wafers in Microwave Safe Bowl and microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat for an additional 30 seconds and then stir. If needed heat in 10 second intervals and stir until smooth. Do not over heat.
Grinch Fun Facts
The song “You’re a Mean One, Mr Grinch” is recognizable every year when How the Grinch Stole Christmas makes its usual appearances.
Thurl Ravenscroft was the person who recorded the song for the movie, but many people don’t know that he is also the voice of Tony the Tiger, the much-loved cartoon character of Frosted Flakes cereal.
Holiday Recipes to Enjoy
- Easy Christmas Cookies
- Peppermint Kiss Cookies
- Ginger Snap Cookies with Holiday Sprinkles
- Cake Mix Cookies
- Eggnog Bread
- The Grey Stuff
- Dulce de Leche
- Holiday Chex Mix
- Better than Sex Chex Mix
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Eggnog Pie
Grinch Dipped Oreos
- 36 Oreos - (36 cookies)
- 8 ounces Green Wafer Candies
- 36 Candy Hearts
- Place 2 cups water in Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker
- Press Saute
- In a large glass bowl place Green Candy Wafers
- Place bowl on top of Pressure Cooker
- Steam from water will heat up the glass bowl and melt candy wafers
- Stir wafers as they melt until smooth
- Turn Pressure Cooker off
- Place Parchment Paper on cookie sheet
- Dip ½ of Oreo in melted candy wafer and place on cookie sheet
- Place 1 heart candy on each Dipped Oreo
- Allow to cool
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.