A Kiss of Peppermint in these Peppermint Kiss Cookies for all your holiday needs. Red and White Striped Hershey Kisses are perfect when topped on these soft and chewy Sugar Drop Cookies. Candy Cane Cookies are a fun holiday treat. Who doesn't love the crunch of peppermint in a yummy cookie. I sure do!
This post and recipe was created for #ChristmasCookies Week! I was sent samples by some of the sponsors, Adams Extract, companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
What would we do without brands like Hershey's to make these fun holiday Kisses? Okay, I'm sure we would survive, but honestly it's just fun to see holiday themed treats. Peppermint Kiss Cookies are similar to Blossom Cookies that we know and love. So follow along as I show you all my tips and tricks.
Using a perfect Sugar Drop Cookie Recipe is a must. This recipe is a favorite and I use often because it makes the BEST soft and chewy cookie. Make sure to try these Circus Animal Cookies or Funfetti Cookie if you don't believe me.
I've tested and tested this recipe and it's perfect. Topped with a Peppermint Kiss for the holiday and it's just so fun. Honestly, can you see the Elf on the Shelf making these cookies for the kids? I sure can and it will create memories to last a lifetime.
Peppermint Kiss Cookie Ingredients
- ½ Cup Butter
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla or Peppermint Extract
- ½ tsp Cream of Tartar
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- Peppermint Kisses
How to make Peppermint Kiss Cookies
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees so the oven is hot and ready. You can choose to use a Large Stand Mixer like my Bosch Universal Mixer or use a good quality Hand Mixer to for this recipe.
Start by mixing butter with white sugar until light and creamy. Gradually add Powdered Sugar, Cream of Tartar and Baking Soda and combine. Mix Egg, Oil and Adams Vanilla to butter mixture until all combined and smooth. Next add all purpose flour 1 cup at a time.
I like to use a Medium Size Cookie Scoop and drop and roll into additional sugar before placing on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 Degrees for 7-9 Minutes or until fully baked and lightly golden around edges. Do not over bake.
Quickly top each cookie with a Peppermint Kiss and allow cookies to rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a cooking rack. Chocolate Kiss will melt and stick to cookie and then harden.
Allow cookies and chocolate Hershey's Kiss to completely cool before storing in a sealed container.
Can I Freeze Peppermint Kiss Cookies
Absolutely! I typically freeze in small sandwich bags with 3-4 cookies in each back. Perfect serving size for school lunches or just because!
Can I double Cookie Recipe?
Yes! This recipe is a small batch which is a perfect size but always works perfectly to double recipe. This batch makes approx 24 cookies
Do I need to roll in sugar before baking?
You do not need to do anything, but rolling these drop cookies in sugar before baking gives the outsides a crispy texture that is delicious
Of course you can easily use any flavor of Hershey's Kiss with these cookies and they are delicious! Try a Cookies and Cream Kiss, Mint Truffle, or even Milk Chocolate with Caramel. The possibilities are endless.
If you haven't tried Adams Extract you are missing out. Adams creates a high quality delicious extract for your baking needs and dates back to 1888. Make sure to check out their story and all the fun products they create.
You may also want to substitute Peppermint Extract for Vanilla to give this delicious drop sugar cookie even more Peppermint Taste. It's delicious!
Holiday Cookies, Bars, and Treats
- Easy Christmas Cookies
- Fancy Dipped Marshmallows
- Christmas Cookies
- Cake Mix Cookies
- Pie Crust Cookies
- Frozen Dipped Oreos
- Grinch Fudge
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- Eggnog Pie
- Holiday Chex Mix
Monday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Amaretti Snowball Cookies by Our Sutton Place
- Bourbon Pecan Snowballs by Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Cappuccino Crinkles by West Via Midwest
- Cherry Garlands by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies by Kate's Recipe Box
- Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies by Books n' Cooks
- Chocolate Sugar Kisses by An Affair from the Heart
- Christmas Confetti Amaretti Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
- Christmas Mouse Shortbread Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies by Lemon Blossoms
- Cinnamon Chip Holiday Spice Cake Mix Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cinnamon Pecan Snickerdoodles by Daily Dish Recipes
- Classic Butter Spritz Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies by Frugal & Fit
- Hermit Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Honey Spice Oatmeal Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Melting Snowman Cookies by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Pecan Brown Sugar Cookies by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Pecan Pie Bars by Eat Move Make
- Pecan Pie Cookies by Art of Natural Living
- Peppermint Chocolate Cookies by Swirls of Flavor
- Peppermint Kiss Cookies by Devour Dinner
- Peppermint Patty Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peppermint Shortbread Cookies by Simply Inspired Meals
- Raspberry Jam Cookies by Making Miracles
- Reindeer Cookies by Sweet Beginnings
- Soft Sugar Cookies with Sprinkles by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Toffee Bars by That Recipe
- White Chocolate Cranberry Crinkle Cookies by Blogghetti
Peppermint Kiss Cookies
- ½ Cup Butter Softened
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract Adams Extract
- ½ teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 24 Peppermint Striped Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Mix butter with white sugar until light and creamy.
- Gradually add Powdered Sugar, Cream of Tartar and Baking Soda and combine.
- Mix Egg, Oil and Adams Vanilla to butter mixture until all combined and smooth.
- Next add all purpose flour 1 cup at a time
- Use a Medium Size Cookie Scoop to scoop cookie dough.
- Drop and roll into additional sugar before placing on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 7-9 Minutes or until fully baked and lightly golden around edges. Do not over bake.
- Press 1 Peppermint Candy Kiss to hot cookies and allow to cool. Kiss will melt and stick to cookie.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving to cooling rack.
Welcome to #ChristmasCookies week where more than 25 bloggers are sharing cookie recipes perfect for your holiday celebrations. Hosted by Ellen from Family Around the Table, Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures and Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks, we invite you to not only check out the recipes but enter the amazing giveaway.
Don’t miss one delicious cookie recipe! Follow along on Pinterest.
Prize 1: Tower of Treats from Millican Pecan Company
Originally founded as the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800's, Millican Pecan is now in 5th generation ownership. Located in San Saba, TX, the family continues the tradition of pecan farming while also branching the business into the online world. The family also enjoys educating people about pecans. One winner will receive The Tower of Treats Gift Tins. The tower includes 3 decorative gift tins stacked on top of each other. The bottom tin includes our 2 lb. Chocolate Pecan Sampler, the middle tin is our Flavored Pecan Sampler and the top tin is an 8 oz. tin of Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles). An $80 value.
Prize 2: An Assortment of Flavored Extracts from Adams Extract and Spices
In January 2013, Adams, one of the oldest continuously operated companies in Texas and one of oldest spice and extract companies in the United States, celebrated its 125th birthday and was awarded the Texas Treasure Business Award, an award sponsored by State Bill 920 that recognizes the accomplishments of Texas businesses that have provided employment opportunities and support to the state’s economy for at least 50 years and pays tribute to the state’s well-established businesses and their exceptional historical contributions toward the state’s economic growth and prosperity.
Today, Adams proudly manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, Adams Reserve®, Flavor King™, Pantry Basics™, Sear-n-Crust®, ClearVan™, Carniceria®, Cocina del Rey®, Naturals™, and Urban Canner™ along with the Adams Frozen Skillet Desserts and Adams Premium Ice Cream lines. In addition, Adams is proud to manufacture for some of the nations most respected Private Label Brands as well as other legacy Regional Seasoning Brands and is used to flavor many commercially produced food products around the nation.
Prize 3: A Set of Baking Pans from Anolon
Established in the 1950's, Meyer Manufacturing started by making and selling flashlights. In 1971 they started their journey into selling cookware. By 1986 they released the world’s first hard-anodized nonstick cookware which revolutionized the world of home cooking. Their nonstick surface didn’t flake or scratch easily.
Today they sell bakeware with nonstick interior and exterior made with a special sapphire-reinforced blend that is triple coated. NOTE: Color may vary from the photo above.
Make Sweets & Treats your one-stop shop for all your holiday sprinkle needs. In addition to fun, festive and colorful sprinkles, Sweets & Treats offers cupcake liners, edible glitters, sugars, and more.
Founded in 2010 by Shannon Harvey out of an industry need for bold, bright cupcake liners and baking supplies that are the life of the party! Based in Louisiana, Sweets & Treats is a designer cupcake liner manufacturer and party supply company that creates exclusive greaseproof cupcake liners, sprinkles, sprinkle mixes, paper straws, and other baking supplies.
Four (4) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #ChristmasCookies bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Giveaway open to US Residents only who are 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookies posts or entry.