What’s more fun than a Christmas Cookie? Nothing, I’d say! Pie Crust Cookies are a wonderful cinnamon sugar cookie treat to share with others, a recipe with pie crust. If you have ever wondered what to do with leftover pie crust, look no further. These cookies are like mini pie crust cinnamon rolls.
This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for using my links! See my Disclosure Policy here.
First published December 2017 ~ Republished and updated Dec 2021
During this time of year we love to spread holiday cheer and bake. Pie Crust Cookies are a cinnamon sugar recipe that can be rolled into a cute cookie or cut out into fun fall shapes like leaves and acorns. Little cinnamon snacks are fun to serve with a sweet cheeseball or even Pumpkin Fluff.
With just 3 ingredients and a refrigerated pie crust, you can whip these up in just moments. I've got a number of tricks and tips of what works best. But there are no rules, be creative and enjoy these pie crust ideas and desserts.
How to make Cinnamon Sugar
Cinnamon Sugar is an ingredient used in many recipes from Snickerdoodle Cookies to sprinkling on Crepes or even muffins. It's a mixture of ground cinnamon with granulated sugar mixed together.
Make cinnamon sugar by combining cinnamon with sugar and mixing together to combine. Leftover can be used for cookies, muffins, or even on buttered toast.
I wish I still had littles in my home to help be bake, but even my young teenager will join me in the kitchen which I just love. Gratefully, Little Miss enjoys these pie crust cookies.
- Pillsbury Pie Crust (refrigerated)
- Cinnamon Sugar
How to make Pie Cookies
Allow pie crust to come to room temperature by placing on counter for up to an hour. It's best to have pie crust still be cool to the touch but not cold and chilled to unroll.
Sprinkle work surface and lightly flour and then roll pie crust out on surface. Use a rolling pin to carefully and gently flatten pie crust.
Use a pastry brush to brush melted butter over crust and sprinkle cinnamon sugar generously over entire crust making sure to reach edges.
Carefully roll pie crust to make delightful little cinnamon roll crust cookies. Seal edges with a little bit of butter and pinch together. Slice in thin ½ inch slice and place on baking sheet.
OR use cookie cutters to make shaped cookies. I find that using the mini cookie cutters work best and they are a perfect bite size to serve with holiday dips. You can also slice into squares or triangles and bake.
Bake Pie Crust Cookies in a preheated oven. The cinnamon and sugar will melt and become so yummy. They are just delicious with the crusty pie crust, who wouldn’t love them?
When the cookies have cooled you can dust with powdered sugar if you like, or keep them plain. They really are delicious.
- Sprinkle with chopped almonds or pecans
- Chopped Raisins or Craisins
Pie Crust Cookies Fun Facts
These cookies can be made with a prepare rolled pie crust from the refrigerator section in the grocery store OR you can make a crust from scratch.
Although these cookies can be made with the scraps from other pie recipes, it's almost as easy to use a refrigerated pie crust. They can be found in the refrigerated section by the cookie dough. You can also make your own homemade crust in the food processor.
What to make with Pie Crust
Pie Crust desserts are fun and can be made from leftover pie crust or purchased refrigerated pie crust. Lattice top pies are always a favorite, so why not make a lattice top pie crust cookie. There are so many combinations of fillings from apple pie filling to blueberry fillings. Pie crusts can also be used for pot pie recipes too.
More of my Favorite Pie Recipes
- Pecan Pie
- Eggnog No Bake Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pie
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- Symphony Chocolate Pie
- The Grey Stuff ~ Copycat Recipe from Be Our Guest Resturant Disney World
- 20 Pies for Pi Day
Pie Crust Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 Pie Crusts - Refridgerated
- ¼ Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbs Cinnamon
- Powdered Sugar - Garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Unroll refrigerated Pie Crust on a lightly floured surface and with a rolling pin, roll the dough to form a square. You do not need to press to hard, work from the center and press outwards to get a more square shape.
- Brush melted butter over pie crust
- In a small bowl combine cinnamon and sugar and mix to combine
- Sprinkle Cinnamon and Sugar mixture over pie crust. Cover to the edges
- Roll pie crust tightly and seal the ends with a little melted butter and pinch to close.
- OR - use cookie cutters to cut cookie shapes. I prefer to use mini cookie cutters in leaves and acorns.
- Slice log roll. Slices should be ½inch thick. You should get 16-20 cookies per pie crust. Place on cookie sheet. These to do not spread like traditional cookies so you can put a lot on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes. Or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Dust with powdered sugar (optional)
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.