Mmmmm creamy and delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is a wonderful No Bake Recipe that is creamy and smooth. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups for a delicious dessert Pie Recipe.
Using a pre-made pie crust this no bake pie can be whipped up in only a few minutes. Who doesn't love an easy dessert. I sure do.
The combination of Chocolate and Peanut Butter is a wonderful combination, you'll find the perfect balance of chocolate and peanut butter in this cheesecake pie. So light, fluffy, irresistible that you’ll want to keep coming back for more!
The combination of Peanut Butter and Chocolate is rich. So even a thin slice of pie will bring a smile to your face. A little goes a long way
Shopping List for Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Whipped Topping
- Powdered Sugar
- Peanut Butter
- Oreo Pie Crust or Graham Cracker Crust
Pre-made Crust vs Traditional Crust
I like to use a pre-made pie crust using either a graham cracker crumb crust or an Oreo crumb crust. Both of these options are delicious and really simple to use.
Using a traditional crust takes a little more effort but also wonderful. Blind Bake crust before adding no-bake filling. A traditional crust helps tone down the sweetness of the pie.
It comes down to personal preference. Choose what you and your family will enjoy most. You can't go wrong with either of these choices.
How to make Chocolate Peanutbutter Pie
- In a medium bowl using a hand mixer combine softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add sour cream, vanilla and mix until just combined. Carefully fold in whipped topping. Do not over mix.
- Separate mixture into two bowls. In the 1st bowl add 2 tbl powder sugar and peanut butter. Mix together until smooth. In the 2nd bowl add 2 tbl powder sugar and cocoa powder and mix ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread peanut butter layer mixture evenly in bottom of a pre-made Oreo cookie crust or Graham Cracker Pie Crust and top with chocolate mixture. Carefully spread evenly on top. Cover and refrigerate.
- Refrigerate for 6+ hours before serving
- Remove from refrigerator a few minutes prior to serving. Garnish with whipped topping and chopped up peanut butter cups.
- For Full Recipe ~ Scroll to the Bottom of the Post
Peanut Butter vs Chunky Peanut Butter
For this recipe I prefer using a smooth Peanut Butter which will make a creamy peanut butter filling. Natural peanut butter will also work. Make sure to stir the natural peanut butter before measuring for best consistency.
How to Garnish Pie
I love to garnish pie with a dollop of whipped topping and chopped mini Reeses Peanut Butter cups on top. You can also sprinkle dark Chocolate chips on top or sprinkle fine crumbs from the crust on top too. I also secretly love adding a drizzle of Chocolate Ganache.
Chocolate and peanut butter are an incredible flavor combination and adding them together in this cheesecake is mind blowing good! With a creamy peanut butter pie infused with chocolate, it really can’t get much better than that!
To make this pie even simpler use a store bought (or pre-made) graham cracker pie crust of choice. If you want to enhance the chocolate content by using an Oreo crust, go for it! Of course, chocolate peanut butter pie with graham cracker crust is good too.
This cheesecake cream pie would be amazing served at an holiday or dinner party (Thanksgiving pie anyone?)
Pi day is March 14th if you want an excuse to eat it even earlier in the year, but don’t think that you should have a reason to enjoy a pie.
No Bake Pie
Chocolate and Peanut Butter are a great combination. This No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie will make you come back for more. The creamy smooth texture is cheesecake like. It's delicious.
A cheesecake style pie, that whips up in just a few minutes and is a great addition to any meal.
Need a great dessert recipe but don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen? Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is a perfect go to recipe. I’ve taken this pie to the office for “Pi” day (March 14th) and it was a huge hit. I’ve also served this pie during the holidays and it’s one of my family favorites too.
Assuming you don’t eat it all in one shot, your pie can last up to 3 days in the fridge when it is well covered.
Absolutely! Freezing your pie is a great way to extend the shelf life! Just let it thaw overnight in the fridge before serving (or serve frozen).
Yes, they can be. The crust is a chocolate cookie crust. I have used a pre-made crust from the store.
No, you do however need a hand mixer to mix the first few ingredients. A hand mixer will make a smooth texture.
What is a No Bake Pie?
A No Bake Pie, is a pie that you do not need to bake to prepare. Typically made with whipped topping and or cream cheese to create a nice smooth texture.
If I don’t want chocolate can I make the entire pie Peanut Butter?
Sure! You can always make your own variations. In this case, you would want to add a little more peanut butter than the recipe calls for and omit the cocoa powder and mix all the ingredients in one bowl.
Can I layer my pie any way I wish?
You can make your pie and eat it too! Maybe you want to split the chocolate and put on both the bottom and top with a thick layer of peanut butter in the middle.
The combinations are endless. But be sure to take a picture and drop it in our comments. We would love to see them. 😉
Before serving, take pie out of the refrigerator for a few minutes and slice with a hot clean knife to get perfect cuts.
Desserts don't stop here! I've got plenty to keep your mouth watering!
- Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Better than Sex Chex Mix
- The Grey Stuff
- Valentine OREOs
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- Chocolate Symphony Pie
- Dulce de Leche
- Pecan Pie
- Eggnog Pie
- S'mores Dessert
- Fry Bread
- S'mores Check Mix
Post updated March, 2022
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 8oz Cream Cheese Softened
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 8oz Whipped Topping Thawed
- 4 Tbs Powdered Sugar Divided
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- In a medium size bowl and using a hand mixer combine softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth
- Add sour cream and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Fold in whipped topping
- Divide mixture into 2 bowls
- In 1st bowl add 2 tbl powdered sugar and peanut butter and stir to combine. Set aside
- In 2nd bowl add 2 tbl powered sugar and cocoa powder and stir to combine.
- In a prepared chocolate pie crust spread peanut butter cream cheese mixture on the bottom of pie crust. Top with Chocolate cream cheese mixture and spread evenly. Cover and place in refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- Slice and enjoy. Pie should be kept in refrigerator to store.
- Banana Cream Pie from Jen Around the World
- Buttterfinger Pie from Fresh April Flours
- Celebration Cookie Pie from Magical Ingredients
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie from Devour Dinner
- Creamy Cherry Pie from That Recipe
- Detroit Style Deep Dish Pie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- One Skillet Corned Beef Pot Pie from The Spiffy Cookie
- Spaghetti Pie from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Spinach Quiche from Art of Natural Living
- Taco Pie from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Tomato, Asiago and Broccoli Pie from Palatable Pastime
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Hi, I don’t have whipped topping, or sour cream, can this recipe still work?
Hi Kate, this recipe would be difficult to make without those ingredients. You can substitute a plain greek yogurt for the sour cream
10 out of 10