Regardless of what you call it, Better than ‘Whatever’ Chex Mix has really upped the game over traditional Chex Mix and Chex Mix Recipes. Better than 'Sex' Chex Mix is a favorite in my home with the sweet chocolate, and the Chex Crunch.
Serves 6 | Ready in 30 minutes | Good for Snack
Are you a Chex Mix fan? What about Muddy Buddies? Anyway you make Chex Mix, make sure you give Better than Sex Chex Mix a try. I guarantee you, it will be a new favorite.
Better than Sex Chex Mix is tossed in a sweet sugary coating and then drizzled with white chocolate, caramel, marshmallows and Peanut Butter Cups.
Who wouldn't LOVE this decadent overload of flavors?
It's a simple recipe using the Microwave which makes this Chex Mix Recipe a perfect snack for so many occasions.
We love Muddy Buddies, I mean who doesn’t, right? But when I found Better than Sex Chex Mix, I was in heaven.
The sweetness, the crunch, the richness just took this recipe to a new level. It doesn’t matter what you call this recipe, some prefer to call it Better than Whatever.
It meets up to it’s name, I promise
Better than Sex Chex Mix Tasty Video
Let’s get real for a moment. As a mom I sometimes don’t want complicated recipes. I want quick fast and easy.
This recipe takes minutes and uses the Microwave to heat up the ingredients to a rich ooey gooey sauce that is poured over the cereal.
For me, this is perfect and my older boys can even make this recipe on their own.
What is Chex Mix?
Chex Mix is a mixture of Chex cereal and other ingredients both savory and sweet for a fun snack or dessert.
How to Make Chex Mix for the Holidays
Holiday Chex Mix is an Ooey Gooey treat with coconut, cashews and of course Chex Mix.
It's delicious with the sweet and salty combination and as easy to make as Better than Sex Chex Mix. Don't wait for the Holidays, make this Snack Mix today!
Some of our Favorite Products
Devour Dinner is participate of the Amazon Affiliates LLC program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. We appreciate your clicks.
By Nordicware$25.99Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 6036 reviewers on Amazon.comBuy Now
Can I use different Chex Cereal?
Of course! I sometimes like to use a Rice Chex and the Chocolate Chex to help balance flavors.
What’s with a Name?
Better than Sex or Better than Whatever. Whatever you call this recipe it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser. Chex Mix Recipes are great.
If Chocolate Chex Cereal is difficult to find, you can use any Chex Cereal for this recipe or even use 2 and combine them.
Pin this Recipe for Later!
Click the Red Pinterest Save button in the upper left corner of the pictures below
How to Store Chex Mix?
I'm not sure any of these Chex Mix Snacks will last long enough to think about storing them...haha...but in the slim chance you have extra and are hiding it from your family, then place the Chex Mix into a Gallon size Zip Lock Bag or in an airtight container. Either will work fine!
Some Recipes are easier than Apple Pie and this recipe for Apple Pie Chex Mix blew me away. WOW!
Cinnamon White Chocolate with dried apple pieces and sweet caramel, is there anything better than that? I.Think. Not.
You know you LOVE Chex Mix... Well..why not try these other Chex Mixes!
Here are some more favorite Snack Mixes for you!
- Bunny Chow ~ Easter Muddy Buddies
- Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Holiday Chex Mix
- Halloween Chex Mix
- S’mores Muddy Buddies
- Apple Pie Chex Mix
- Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
Better than Sex Chex Mix
- 8 Cups Chex Mix Chocolate Cereal - *Can substitute any Chex mix cereal
- 6 Tbs Butter
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Corn Syrup
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Marshmallows
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter Cups
- ½ Cup Caramel Bits - *You can use the caramel squares and unwrap.
- ½ Cup White chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips - *Semi Sweet is perfect for this recipe
- 1 Tbs Whipping Cream
- Measure out 8 cups of Chex Mix Cereal Chocolate into a microwave safe bowl. Set aside.
- In a smaller microwave safe bowl, place butter, brown sugar and corn syrup and microwave for 2 minutes. Stirring after 1 minute.
- Stir in baking soda until dissolved.
- Pour mixture over cereal to coat evenly.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring every minute. This helps to fully coat the cereal.
- Spread on a lined cookie sheet to cool. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle marshmallows and peanut butter cups over cereal.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt caramel bits with whipping cream in Microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring every minute. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cereal mixture.
- In a separate bowl microwave chocolate chips for 1-2 minutes (stirring every 30 seconds to minute) and stir until smooth . Drizzle over cereal mixture
- Repeat with white chocolate chips.
- Allow for mixture to cool and set. Break into pieces and enjoy. Can be stored in a large zip-lock bag or container.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.