Apple Pie Chex Mix is as easy as Apple Pie! And tastes just like it too. Are you a fan of Chex Mix?
This Muddy Buddies recipe will get you in the Fall mood with the Cinnamon and caramel flavors topped with a delicious apple slice.
Serves 6 | Ready in 30 minutes | Good for Snack
Chex Mix is a favorite of mine. Apple Pie Chex Mix, really does taste like a good Apple Pie with the added crunch of Chex Cereal. I love the cinnamon in this recipe.
It’s the perfect touch to balance the sweetness of chocolate and caramel.
Chex Mix Cereal Mixes are a fun snack or dessert. Apple Pie Chex Mix is packed full of gourmet flavor from Caramel tidbits to white chocolate drizzle and let’s not forget the apples and cinnamon.
Can you say “Yum!”?? Ohhhh, Yum!
If you missed the Better than ‘Whatever’ Chex Mix, make sure to take a look!
It’s a popular favorite recipe as well and has other great flavors of Peanut butter, chocolate, caramel and marshmallow. Regardless what you call it, it will curb an appetitive.
When making Apple Pie Chex Mix you will need almond bark. I find it easiest to use a big knife and to coarsely chop the chocolate.
I also love to use my Instant Pot as a double broiler. This is where you have a heat source from below, and keep the chocolate away from excess liquid but the heat will melt the chocolate, to a rich and smooth consistency.
Instant Pot Hack:
Just add water to the Instant Pot. About 6+ cups. It doesn’t really matter exactly.
You need enough too boil and heat a bowl resting above. The bowl should be larger than the opening of the Instant Pot insert liner pot. Set to Manual and let the heat do the magic.
You will want to stay right with it and watch out that you don’t burn yourself on the steam. i’s HOT!
I could snack on Chex Mix Muddy Buddies all year long. I love how easy it is to change the recipe up a little bit and come out with a new flavor.
Apple Pie Chex Mix is a fun twist on a traditional Muddy Buddy recipe. The rich white chocolate and cinnamon really make this recipe amazing.
What are Chex Mix Muddy Buddies?
Chex Mix is a combination of Chex Cereal mixed with add-ins and coated in chocolate and a good dusting of powdered sugar.
What is Puppy Chow?
Puppy Chow is another name commonly used for Muddy Buddies.
Is Caramel Apple Chex Mix the same as Apple Pie Chex Mix?
They are definitely similar. Apple Pie Chex Mix is a bit more gourmet and trendy.
Do I bake Apple Pie Chex Mix?
No, you do not bake Chex Mix. You will need to melt the almond bark, but there is no other cooking or baking with this recipe.
How to Make Chex Mix for the Holidays
Holiday Chex Mix is an Ooey Gooey treat with coconut, cashews and of course Chex Mix. It’s delicious with the sweet and salty combination and as easy to make as Better than Sex Chex Mix. Don’t wait for the Holidays, make this Snack Mix today!
Some of our Favorite Products
Devour Dinner is participate of the Amazon Affiliates LLC program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. We appreciate your clicks.
Caramel Apple Candy Blow Pop, 12 oz, 2 Pack
By Charms$14.99Rated 5 out of 5 by 1 reviewers on Amazon.comBuy Now
Pin this Recipe for Later!
Click the Red Pinterest Save button in the upper left corner of the pictures below
The Instant Pot keeps a nice heat source to melt the Almond Bark quickly and easily. Use a bowl that is larger than the Instant Pot insert liner.
You know you LOVE Chex Mix… Well..why not try these other Chex Mixes!
Looking for more GREAT SNACK Recipes?
- S'more Chex Mix
- Better than Sex Chex Mix
- Holiday Chex Mix
- Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
- Mickey Mouse Dipped Oreos
- Mac and Cheese Bites
Apple Pie Chex Mix
- 8 Cups Chex Cereal Rice, Corn, Chocolate
- 1 lb Almond Bark melted
- 1 ¼ cup Caramel Tidbits *Divided
- 1 Cup Dried Apples Cut in bite size pieces
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tbs Whipping Cream *optional
- In a large bowl measure 8 cups Chex Mix and set aside
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and cinnamon. Set aside
- Chop almond bark. I find it easiest to use a large knife.
- Add 2+ cups of water to an Instant Pot and set to Saute. In a larger glass bowl place on top of Instant Pot and use a double boiler to melt the almond bark. The bowl will get very hot, and any steam that comes out can burn you. The almond bark will melt very smoothly.
- Pour melted almond bark into cereal and stir.
- Separate cereal mixture into 2 gallon ziplock bags. Add powdered sugar mixture to each bag, seal and shake to coat cereal in powdered sugar mixture.
- On a lined cookie sheet place Chex Mixture evenly over pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup Caramel Tidbits and cut dried apples.
- Optional - Drizzle extra almond bark on top of Chex Mixture.
- Optional - Melt in a small bowl ¼ cup of Caramel Tidbits and 1 Tbls Whipping cream. Drizzle over Chex Mixture.
- Allow mixture to cool and set. Enjoy
Submit a Comment