Make sure to SHARE this Recipe with others!
We have a favorite after school snack! Mac and Cheese Cups are wonderful. These little cups pop in your mouth and taste just like Grandma’s Homemade Mac and Cheese.
Mac and Cheese Cups
I love making Macaroni and Cheese in my Instant Pot, mostly because it’s so quick and easy AND because it reminds me of when I was little and my Grandma would make for me. I take this traditional Mac and Cheese Recipe to potlucks and it’s the first to be eaten. Oh it’s good!
So why not throw a twist on a great recipe and make these Mac and Cheese Cups for an Appetizer or Snack, They are fun to eat for sure.
12 Servings | Ready in 10 minutes | Good for Appetizer or Snack | 6qt Instant Pot
Pour elbow noodles in Instant Pot and set to 5 minutes manual high pressure. Allow a 4 minute natural release.
Pasta will clump together when you open the lid. Stir with a spoon to break up the noodles.
In a separate bowl whisk eggs and then pour over noodles. Give a good stir to combine.
Add cheese and stir giving a perfectly cheesy Mac and Cheese
Grease mini Muffin tins and sprinkle a little parmesan in each cup, top with some seasoned bread crumbs.
Add a spoon full of Mac and Cheese into each tin and press down slightly
Top each cup with more parmesan cheese and seasoned bread crumbs and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
Use a knife to loosen the edges of each cup and set on a plate
Mac and Cheese Bites are a perfect appetizer or after school snack
- 8oz elbow pasta
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 3/4 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese * Divided
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- In your Instant Pot, add 2 1/2 cups of Chicken Broth, 1/2 tsp Salt and 1 tsp Dry Mustard and give it a quick stir. Add pasta.
- Set to Manual Mode for 5 minutes. It will take about 8 minutes to pressure up. And Natural Release for 4 minutes. Then quick release.
- Open lid, and with a large spoon stir pasta. The pasta will clump up when cooking but quickly breaks apart when stirred.
- Add Butter and Evaporated milk and give a quick stir.
- Add Sharp Cheddar, Monterey Jack Cheese and stir to melt. Add Nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs together and then pour over noodles and stir
- Spray a mini muffin tin and sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on the bottom of each little cup.
- Sprinkle a little season bread crumbs over the parmesan cheese
- Spoon 1 spoonful of mac and cheese into each tin and press down slightly
- sprinkle a little bit of parmesan cheese and bread crumbs on top
- repeat and fill the tray of mini cups
- bake at 350 for 20-25 mins or until golden brown on top
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 2 Minutes (DO NOT let them sit longer or they won't come out of the pan)
- Use a knife to run around the edges of the tins and loosen the Mac and Cheese Bites. Serve and enjoy!