Honey Garlic Chicken is better than Take Out. You won’t go wrong with this simple Chinese Recipe for Honey Garlic Chicken made easy in the Instant Pot. In minutes you will have an amazing dinner recipe.
Serves 4 | Ready in 30 mins | Perfect for Dinner | 6 Qt Instant Pot
I’m a huge fan of Chinese Take Out. Why? Well because it means I don’t have to cook, or because I’m in a rush and just don’t have time. After finding this recipe I won’t be ordering Chinese Take Out for this any more. This is just way too good!
Busy Weekday Meal
Is your life anything like mine? I often feel like a taxi driving running from one activity to the next trying to keep up. It can be exhausting, and at the end of the day I’m hungry. I want something for dinner that will help me feel good. Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe is one of those recipes.
In minutes you can sauté the cubed chicken with garlic and onion and throw in the other ingredients. After 6 minutes on High Pressure, Honey Garlic Chicken is ready. Wait, what? Yes, it’s really ready to be devoured. Oh yum!
Your biggest hurdle is planning enough ahead to start some rice so you have everything done at once. Now that’s a rough problem to have, right?
I’m learning more and more that my Instant Pot will save me money from going out to eat as I can easily make Dinner Recipes at home and Honey Garlic Chicken is one of those recipes.
Now if you like Chinese and you want another great recipe, I’d also suggest trying the Cashew Chicken. The recipe is similar in that the steps are about the same. The ingredients are different of course. You could really have a family style Chinese meal by making both of these great recipes.
How do I make Honey Garlic Chicken?
Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe is made in the Instant Pot. There is very little mess as it’s all contained to one pot. The sauce can be thickened with corn starch if needed.
What do I serve Honey Garlic Chicken with?
This recipe is best served over rice (white, brown or fried). It’s also very good with steamed broccoli as well.
Can I make Honey Garlic Chicken on the Stove?
YES! Of course you can. Heat a frying pan over medium/high heat and cook your butter, garlic and onion until onion starts to change color. Add cubed chicken and cook through. Then add Soy Sauce and ketchup and allow to simmer covered on low for 6 minutes. Add the cornstarch slurry and honey and allow to thicken. Serve over rice and enjoy!
Pin this Recipe for Later!
Don’t want to eat rice with Honey Garlic Chicken? That’s okay! Serve with some fresh steamed Veggies! It’s Delicious!
Step by Step Instructions:
- Set Instant Pot to Saute’ and wait until it reads “Hot”. Add Butter, Garlic and Onions
- Add cubed chicken and cook until no longer pink. Turn Instant Pot off
- Add Soy Sauce and Ketchup and stir. Cook on Manual for 6 minutes and Quick Release.
- Add Cornstarch slurry and honey and stir.
- Serve over rice or steamed vegetables
Looking for more Great Take Out Recipes?
- Mongolian Beef
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Ramen Pad Thai
- Cashew Chicken Wraps
- Asian Noodles
- Cashew Chicken
- Teriyaki Noodles
Honey Garlic Chicken
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 2-3 clove garlic Crushed
- 1 sm Yellow Onion Diced
- 2-3 large Chicken Breasts Cubed
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 3/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Honey
- 2-3 Tbs Corn Starch Add to 3-4 Tbs Water
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds *Garnish
- 1/4 cup scallions *Garnish
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute and wait until it reads “Hot”
- Add Butter, Garlic and Diced Onion. Saute’ for 2-3 minutes until onions start to turn clear.
- Add cubed chicken and Saute’ until no longer pink.
- Turn Instant Pot off.
- Add Ketchup and Soy Sauce and stir making sure the chicken is covered
- Set Instant Pot to Manual for 6 minutes.
- Quick Release.
- In a separate bowl mix 2-3 Tablespoons of Cornstarch and as little water as possible and mix.
- Add slurry to Instant Pot and stir.
- Add Honey and Stir
- Serve over Rice. Garnish with Sesame Seeds and Scallions (optional)