Cake Mix Cookies are the BEST and these Devils Food Cake Mix Cookies are rich and soft and chewy and a family favorite for sure. These Cake Mix Cookies are a great base cookie to then make into multiple ways.
Cake Mix Cookies
72 Servings | Bake 10 Minutes | Good for Dessert
Chew Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies are a great way to make cookies without all the mess and fuss. We love to make these cookies multiple ways by adding additional toppings or fillings.
One of our other favorites is our Homemade OREO Cookie recipe. Check it out, it’s amazing too!
Cake Mix Cookies were the first cookies I helped teach my younger boys. They were a little or a lot less coordinated than girls for their age so a recipe with very few ingredients was perfect.
And I loved how chewy these Devils Food Cake Mix Cookies are so it was a win win in our home.
How to make Cake Mix Cookies
- Mix the cake mix with eggs and oil
- Dough will be thick
- Use a cookie Scooper to make uniform balls for cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 for 7 minutes
- Cut large marshmallows in half and place ½ of marshmallow on top of each baked cookie and place back into the oven for 1-2 minutes more.
- Drizzle with icing
For this recipe we placed ½ of a large marshmallow on top of each cookie as it comes out of the oven and then throw it back into the oven for 90-120 seconds to melt the marshmallow just a little bit.
Then we pull out the baked cookies and put them on a wire rack to cool.
After they have cooled, drizzle the chocolate ganache in a zig zag pattern over the top. Oh these are good and remind me of when I was a child and my mom made these with me. #memories
What are Cake Mix Cookies?
Cake Mix Cookies are cookies made from a cake mix with a few other ingredients. They can be made with most any flavor of cake mix too!
What do Cake Mix Cookies Taste Like?
Yummy! They taste like the cake mix you use. We love the Devils Food Cake Mix Cookies as they are rich and chocolatey and good.
Are Cake Mix Cookies Soft?
YES! We have found that if you do not over bake your cake mix cookies they are chewy and soft.
Can I use any flavor Cake Mix?
You can certainly use any flavor cake mix, in fact.. It's so fun! I find that a Devils food cake mix makes a thicker dough. But the sky's the limit with other variations of Cake Mix Cookies!
Can you Freeze Cake Mix Cookies?
YES! I Freeze cookies all the time and LOVE it! These cookies do freeze just fine. To Thaw, remove from the freezer and place on the counter for 20-30 minutes to thaw.
You don’t want to lose this recipe ~ PIN and SAVE for Later!
Try these GREAT Quick Bread Recipes
- Scrumptious Banana Bread
- Zucchini Coconut Lime Bread
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Lemon Pull a Parts
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Easy Quick Bread
More Amazing Bar and Cookie Recipes
- Peanut Butter Scotcharoos
- Chocolate Dipped Pecan Sandies
- Peppermint Christmas Cookie
- Easy Christmas Cookie
- Nutter Butter Mummy Cookie
- Pie Crust Cinnamon and Sugar Cookie
- Mickey Mouse Dipped Oreos
Cake Mix Cookies
- 2 Boxes Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 4 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Oil
- 36 Large Marshmallows
- 2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ Cup Cocoa
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 Tbs Milk -/+
- In a large bowl or stand mixer place both boxes of Devils Food Cake Mix, eggs and oil and mix to combine
- Using a small 1in cookie scoop scoop cookies onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut large marshmallows in half using kitchen scissors. Set aside.
- Pull cookies out of the oven after 7 minutes and place 1 cut marshmallow on top of each baked cookie and place bak into the oven for 90-120 seconds.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on rack.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- In a small bowl sift powdered sugar and cocoa. Add softened butter into bowl and mix to cut butter into sugar/cocoa mixture.
- Add vanilla and milk. You want a thicker consistency so you can pipe on top of cooled cookies
- Place frosting mixture into a ziplock baggie and cut a tiny corner off. Drizzle a zig/zag across each marshmallow topped cookie.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.