Cake Mix Cookies are the BEST and these Devils Food Cake Mix Cookies are rich and soft and chewy and a family favorite for sure. These Cake Mix Cookies are a great base cookie to then make into multiple ways.
Cake Mix Cookies
Watch for a quick Tasty Cake Mix Cookie Video
About Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
Chew Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies are a great way to make cookies without all the mess and fuss. We love to make these cookies multiple ways by adding additional toppings or fillings. One of our other favorites is our Homemade OREO Cookie recipe. Check it out, it’s amazing too!
Cake Mix Cookies were the first cookies I helped teach my younger boys. They were a little or a lot less coordinated than girls for their age so a recipe with very few ingredients was perfect. And I loved how chewy these Devils Food Cake Mix Cookies are so it was a win win in our home.
Mix the cake mix with the eggs and oil and combine in a stand mixer or using a hand mixer. This is a thick dough.
For this recipe we placed 1/2 of a large marshmallow on top of each cookie as it comes out of the oven and then throw it back into the oven for 90-120 seconds to melt the marshmallow just a little bit. Then we pull out the baked cookies and put them on a wire rack to cool.
After they have cooled, drizzle the chocolate ganache in a zig zag pattern over the top. Oh these are good and remind me of when I was a child and my mom made these with me. #memories
What are Cake Mix Cookies?
Cake Mix Cookies are cookies made from a cake mix with a few other ingredients. They can be made with most any flavor of cake mix too!
What do Cake Mix Cookies Taste Like?
Yummy! They taste like the cake mix you use. We love the Devils Food Cake Mix Cookies as they are rich and chocolatey and good.
Are Cake Mix Cookies Soft?
YES! We have found that if you do not over bake your cake mix cookies they are chewy and soft.
Some of our Favorite Products
Devour Dinner is participate of the Amazon Affiliates LLC program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. We appreciate your clicks.
Pin this Recipe for Later!
Click the Red Pinterest Save button in the upper left corner of the pictures below
To drizzle the ganache, use a zip-lock baggie and cut a small bit out of the corner and use as a piping bag. No mess, no stress. And it looks so good!
- 2 Boxes Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Oil
- 36 Large Marshmallows
- 2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Tbs Milk -/+
- In a large bowl or stand mixer place both boxes of Devils Food Cake Mix, eggs and oil and mix to combine
- Using a small 1in cookie scoop scoop cookies onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut large marshmallows in half using kitchen scissors. Set aside.
- Pull cookies out of the oven after 7 minutes and place 1 cut marshmallow on top of each baked cookie and place bak into the oven for 90-120 seconds.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on rack.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- In a small bowl sift powdered sugar and cocoa. Add softened butter into bowl and mix to cut butter into sugar/cocoa mixture.
- Add vanilla and milk. You want a thicker consistency so you can pipe on top of cooled cookies
- Place frosting mixture into a ziplock baggie and cut a tiny corner off. Drizzle a zig/zag across each marshmallow topped cookie.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 128mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 16g Protein: 2g