Mouthwatering delicious, Sweet and Sour Meatballs are a quick and easy recipe made simple in the Instant Pot. No need to wonder ‘What’s for Dinner?’ this recipe will whip up in minutes.
Watch for a quick Sweet and Sour Meatball Tasty Video
About this Sweet and Sour Recipe
Sweet and Sour Recipes have been popular across the world, however are typically part of Chinese recipes in many forms. I personally love the sweet sauce with that hint of sour on a variety of meats and vegetables. It’s just good! Real good!
This recipe for Sweet and Sour Meatballs couldn’t be any easier. With a cook time of 5 minutes combined, this is a quick and easy dinner recipe made simple in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
A Mom’s job is rarely done, and when evening time hits me I’m wiped out, and have often forget about thinking about dinner and what to make. Sound familiar? I know I’m not alone. This recipe will save you. I promise. You can pull this sweet and sour meatball recipe out in minutes with frozen meatballs too.
I personally love this Sweet and Sour Recipe served over rice. I like the balance of the flavors the rice gives to help mellow out flavors and bring out others. My son, prefers to douse his rice in sauce, more like a soupy mess, and enjoy it all. To each their own. Make this easy Sweet and Sour Meatballs Recipe and you won’t go wrong because everyone will eat it right up.
This recipe calls for Pineapple. Sweet and Sour Meatballs with Pineapple give a burst of flavor in each bite. I love the warm pineapple with the sweet and sour sauce and veggies. Yum.
How can you make Sweet and Sour Meatballs?
Sweet and Sour Meatballs can be made a variety of ways, Personally the Instant Pot is the quickest and fastest. This recipe can also be made in a Crock Pot as well as the Oven and will taste the same. Choose what method is best for you and enjoy these Meatballs.
Can Sweet and Sour Meatballs be made in the Crock Pot?
Of course they can! See the Recipe Card for directions, they are very similar, just the time is adjusted.
Can Sweet and Sour Meatballs be made in the Oven?
Again, Yes! Of course! Sweet and Sour Meatballs can easily be made in the Oven too. Please see the Recipe Card for full directions and choose a method best for you.
If you think Sweet and Sour Meatballs sounds Great… Check out this recipe!
We love a good Chinese Take Out Recipe. Honey Garlic Chicken is a quick and easy Chinese Take Out Recipe made easily in the Instant Pot. Take a look, and give it a try. It’s one of our favorites.
Some of our Favorite Products
Devour Dinner is participate of the Amazon Affiliates LLC program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. We appreciate your clicks.
Pin this Recipe for Later!
- 1 Bag Frozen Meatballs 26oz bag approximately 26 meatballs
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Ketchup
- 1 1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 Cup Pineapple Tidbits or Chunks
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Bunch Green Onions * optional
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds * optional
- Pour Pineapple Juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, and ketchup into the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Stir mixture to combine.
- Pour 1 bag (approx. 26 meatballs) into Instant Pot.
- Set to Manual for 4 minutes. Quick Release Pressure
- Cut Onion and Bell Peppers into large chunks.
- Toss Onions, Bell Peppers and Pineapple into Instant Pot and give a quick stir.
- Set to Manual for "0" minutes. Quick Release Pressure
- (Optional) 2 Tbs Corn Starch with as little water as possible to make a slurry. Add to Instant Pot and stir to thicken sauce.
- Garnish with Green Onions and Sesame Seeds. Serve over Rice.