Mouthwatering delicious, Sweet and Sour Meatballs are a quick and easy recipe made simple in the Instant Pot. No need to wonder ‘What’s for Dinner?’ this Instant Pot recipe will whip up in minutes.
My boys will eat and eat Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Meatballs with the Sweet and Tangy sauce over steamed rice, it’s a family favorite. As an added side, we really enjoy making Hawaiian Macaroni Salad with this too. The mild sweet and tangy sauce of the Mac Salad compliments the bold Sweet and Sour Sauce perfectly.
Serves 6 | Ready in 15 minutes | Good for Dinner | 6 qt Instant Pot
Sweet and Sour Recipes have been popular across the world, however are typically part of Chinese recipes in many forms. The sauce is a mixture of sugar and either vinegar or lemon to give the perfect balance of both Sweet and Sour.
How to make Sweet and Sour Meatballs in the Instant Pot?
- Combine sauce ingredients in your Instant Pot and stir to combine
- Add Frozen Meatballs
- Close Lid and set to Manual (Pressure Cook) for 2 minutes
- Quick Release pressure on Instant Pot
- Add diced bell peppers, onions and pineapple chunks
- Set to Manual (Pressure Cook) for 0 (Zero) minute
- Quick Release Pressure and add cornstarch slurry to thicken sauce if desired
- Serve over Rice
This recipe for Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Meatballs couldn’t be any easier. With a cook time of 3 minutes combined, this is a quick and easy dinner recipe made simple in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
Love Meatballs? Try these other Meatball Recipes!
- Teriyaki Meatballs
- Cranberry Meatballs
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Enchilada Meatball Casserole
- Meatballs Cups
- Salisbury Steak Meatballs
- Grape Jelly and Meatball Weenies
A Mom’s job is rarely done, and when evening time hits me I’m wiped out, and have often forget about thinking about dinner and what to make. Sound familiar?
I know I’m not alone. This recipe will save you especially using the Instant Pot. I promise. You can pull this sweet and sour meatball recipe out in minutes with frozen meatballs too.
What to Serve Sweet and Sour Meatballs with
I personally love this Sweet and Sour Recipe served over rice. I like the balance of the flavors the rice gives to help mellow out flavors and bring out others.
My son, prefers to douse his rice in sauce, more like a soupy mess, and enjoy it all. To each their own. Make this easy Sweet and Sour Meatballs Recipe and you won’t go wrong because everyone will eat it right up.
This recipe calls for Pineapple. Sweet and Sour Meatballs with Pineapple give a burst of flavor in each bite. I love the warm pineapple with the sweet and sour sauce and veggies. Yum.
How can you make Sweet and Sour Meatballs?
Sweet and Sour Meatballs can be made a variety of ways, Personally the Instant Pot is the quickest and fastest. This recipe can also be made in a Crock Pot as well as the Oven and will taste the same. Choose what method is best for you and enjoy these Meatballs. Directions for other methods are in Recipe card below
Can Sweet and Sour Meatballs be made in the Crock Pot?
Of course they can! See the Recipe Card for directions, they are very similar, just the time is adjusted.
Can Sweet and Sour Meatballs be made in the Oven?
Again, Yes! Of course! Sweet and Sour Meatballs can easily be made in the Oven too. Please see the Recipe Card for full directions and choose a method best for you.
If you think Sweet and Sour Meatballs sounds Great… Check out this recipe!
Sweet and Sour Chicken is another Family Favorite! Which is why we love this quick and easy Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe made simply in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
Pin this Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Meatball Recipe for Later!
Want a thicker sauce? It’s super easy. Make a Cornstarch Slurry with 2 Tbs Cornstarch and 2 Tbs water and mix, then add to your recipe at the very end right in the Instant Pot to thicken the sauce. Yum!
Instant Pot Favorite Recipes
- Easy Chicken Fajitas
- Navajo Tacos
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Bowtie Pasta
- Fiesta Chicken Casserole
- Mac and Cheese Bites
- Honey Mustard Chicken and Rice
- Pasta with Zucchini and Cheery Tomatoes
- Sweet Salsa Chicken
- 26 Frozen Meatballs (approximately 1 bag)
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Ketchup
- 1 1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 Cup Pineapple Tidbits or Chunks
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Bunch Green Onions * optional
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds * optional
- Pour Pineapple Juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, and ketchup into the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Stir mixture to combine.
- Pour 1 bag (approx. 26 meatballs) into Instant Pot.
- Set to Manual for 2minutes. Quick Release Pressure
- Cut Onion and Bell Peppers into large chunks.
- Toss Onions, Bell Peppers and Pineapple into Instant Pot and give a quick stir.
- Set to Manual for "0" minutes. Quick Release Pressure
- (Optional) 2 Tbs Corn Starch with as little water as possible to make a slurry. Add to Instant Pot and stir to thicken sauce.
- Garnish with Green Onions and Sesame Seeds. Serve over Rice.
Sauce will be thin but to thicken sauce make a cornstarch slurry with 2 Tbs Cornstarch and as little water as possible to combine and add to fully cooked meatballs and vegetables. Sauce will thicken nicely.
Heat Oven to 400 Degrees.
In a bowl combine ingredients from step one and stir to combine. Place meatballs in an oven safe dish and onions and bell peppers and pineapple. Pour sauce over top and stir to coat. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Sauce may be thin. Add a cornstarch slurry if needed. 2Tb Cornstarch and 2 Tbs water. Add to sauce and stir to thicken.
Add items from step one into crockpot and stir to combine. Add meatballs. Cook on low for 2-3 hours or on high for 1 hour. The last 15 minutes of cooking add onions, bell peppers, and pineapple. Stir to combine. * To thicken sauce add a cornstarch slurry at the end. 2 Tbs Cornstarch and 2 Tbs Water.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 53mg Sodium: 1252mg Carbohydrates: 39g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 29g Protein: 14g