This Monster Cookie Recipe may not look like the monster in your closet. They do, however, look like the one you’d want in your stomach.
These cookies are packed full of your favorite flavors, candies, and ingredients.
With a super packed cookie like this, you get a great experience with every bite. This Monster Cookie Recipe is a cookie unlike any other.
How many other cookie types can you think of that combine so many things into every bite? While there might be some, there aren’t many.
Oats, mini M&Ms, chocolate chips, and peanut butter all work together to create these unique and wonderful monster cookies.
With so many great things being added to these cookies, you’d think they’d be harder to make.
If you’re a little disappointed that these Monster cookies aren’t actually shaped or looking like monsters, that’s okay.
My Vampire Donuts are a super simple monster treat that you will enjoy taking a bite of. Just do it before it takes a bite out of you. Just kidding, kind of. 😉
Monster Cookie Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cup M&M’s Mini
What is a Bosch Universal Mixer?
This is a great question as I have been asked it many times. Bosch is a brand name that makes a stand mixer to make and mix all kinds of things. I’ve been using a Bosch since I was very little. Take a look at this post and tells you why I love my Bosch Mixer!
How to Make Monster Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together the Butter, Peanut Butter, and Sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and the vanilla. Whip the mix together.
- In a bowl combine your dry ingredients. (The Salt, Baking Soda, Flour, and Oats).
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, scraping the side of the bowl as needed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and the M&M candies.
- Using the medium cookie scoop place your cookies on the cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking rack.
- Keep stored in a sealed container.
Can I use quick oats?
Yes you can use quick oats. That said, I really like the larger old fashioned oats because they give a better texture in this recipe.
You can use whichever oat you have on hand or what you think you’ll like best.
Can I freeze Monster Cookies?
Yes, you can freeze monster cookies! It’s a great way to get them to last much longer too.
Simply keep your monster cookies inside of an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months and they should be just fine.
Why are Monster Cookies called Monster Cookies?
It’s hard to determine where monster cookies get their name because they certainly don’t look like monsters.
They do however hold the title of “monster of all cookies” based on the ingredients they’re stuffed with. This is the best guess as to where the name comes from.
Why are my Monster Cookies Falling Apart?
There are a couple of different reasons why your cookie might possibly fall apart. 1 is that you added too much of the chocolates and the ratio of chocolate to dough is off.
Another reason is that you tried to move the baked cookies too soon. Letting them rest on the pan for about 5 minutes allows them to finish cooking and solidify enough to transport.
Don’t forget to tag @devourdinner on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. I LOVE to see when you make my recipes!
Delicious Cookie Recipes you MUST try!
- Homemade Oreos
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- Magic Cookie Bars
- Blonde Brownies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Sugar Cream Pie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate No Bake Pie
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup Mini M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl mix Butter, Peanut Butter and Sugars until light and fluffy
- Add egg and vanilla and whip
- In a bowl combine dry ingredients ~ Salt, Baking soda, Flour and Oats and combine
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients scraping the side of the bowl as needed
- Stir in chocolate chips and M&M candies
- Using medium cookie scoop place cookies on cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking rack
- Store in a sealed container