Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips are a delicious and tasty treat that simply cannot be beaten!
They are so soft, chewy and absolutely incredible and it’s practically impossible to just eat one. You’re going to love this delicious and savory twist to a chocolate cookie.
With chocolate cookies you already have a winning cookie recipe, but adding the peanut butter chips is a way to increase the flavor without increasing any of the actual efforts.
You’re going to love the way that they taste, look, and feel. They are so absolutely delicious!
These easy Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips are a recipe you’ll want to use over and over again.
Creating the perfect cookie is a skill we all like to show off! Bring it out for simple treats through the year, or for your next holiday cookie exchange.
These cookies will be a hit at parties, potlucks, gatherings and in your home to share with family. There’s no wrong time for a tasty cookie!
Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips are a huge hit around here and I’m positive that they will be around your home too.
If you’re looking for more peanut butter flavored goodness, check out my easy peanut butter brownies recipe for another delicious dessert.
What’s In Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 ¼ Cup Butter Softened
- 2 Cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Cup Flour
- ¾ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 pkg Peanut Butter Chips
How to Make Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl add in your softened butter and sugar. Beat to combine.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and then whip for 2 minutes.
- Sift the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt) into a separate bowl.
- Add in half of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and then beat to combine.
- Add in the remaining flour mixture and then beat until combined.
- Stir in the peanut butter baking chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough using a medium 1 ½in size Cookie Scoop.
- Place the cookies 2in apart on a prepared pan.
- Bake at 350F for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Store them in an airtight container
Can I substitute Mint Chips for Peanut Butter chips?
Absolutely! A mint chocolate chip cookie sounds like an incredible and refreshing treat that would be hit!
What is a Bosch Mixer?
This is a great question as I have been asked it many times. Bosch is a brand name that makes a stand mixer to make and mix all kinds of things. I've been using a Bosch since I was very little, which means I've been using one for decades. Take a look at this post and tells you why I love my Bosch Mixer!
How to Freeze Chocolate Cookies
Lay your cookies flat on a baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes to an hour before placing it into an airtight (freezer friendly) container. This helps to prevent them from sticking together.
Then when you want to eat a cookie, just pull one (or more) out and let them rest on the counter for about 5 minutes to thaw and come to room temperature before eating.
Can you substitute Peanut Butter for Peanut Butter Chips?
Unfortunately no. By switching to actual peanut butter you’d end up with a very wet dough that wouldn’t work well at all.
Your best bet is to make peanut butter cookies and add in chocolate chips in that case, but the two cookies (although similar) just don’t taste the same.
The chocolate to peanut butter ratio is way off.
What does Baking Soda do in Cookies?
Baking soda helps to leaven the cookie dough which makes the dough soft and fluffy like every good cookie should be.
What happens if you add an extra egg to cookies?
Adding an extra egg to your cookie dough will cause your cookies to become both more tender as well as more chewy.
If you’re looking for a chewier cookie, then adding in an extra egg is the fastest way to get your desired results.
Cookies Cookies and More Cookies!
- How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
- Magic Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Homemade Oreo Cookies
- Easy Christmas Cookies
- Valentine Dipped Oreos
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- 1 ¼ cup butter - softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pkg peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a Mixing Bowl add softened butter and sugar. Beat to Combine
- Add eggs one at a time and whip for 2 minutes
- Sift Dry Ingredients: Flour, Cocoa, Baking Soda, and Salt.Add half dry ingredients to butter mixture and beat to combine
- Add remaining flour mixture and beat until combined
- Stir in Peanut Butter Baking Chips
- Scoop Cookie Dough using a medium 1 ½in size Cookie Scoop. Place cookies 2in apart on prepared baking sheet
- Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes
- Remove to wire rack to cool
- Store in airtight container
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.