A Homemade cup of Hot Chocolate will warm you up and bring a smile to your face. I’ve made this recipe (in bulk) for years. And my son will drink 3-4 cups a day all winter long, no joke.
Hot Cocoa is wonderful with whipping cream, marshmallows, or even chocolate chips. Yum!
120 (8oz) Cups . | Ready in 15 Minutes | Good For a Hot Drink
I love a good cup of Hot Chocolate, and I love the gourmet flavors and brands that are available during the winter months.
I just don’t always like the cost and that’s where this recipe came into play. By making my own mix and then doing ad-ins, I can have my favorite gourmet flavors without all the cost. Win/Win!
My son, my picky eater son will drink 3-4 cups a day. More if I would let him too! He gets this from his grandmother who often drinks more than this.
In keeping with the tradition, and memories alive I make sure to keep a good supply of this Hot Cocoa Mix in the pantry.
As you make larger batches, I will mix it up in a double bagged garbage bag and mix the bag, shake the bag, etc. It’s so much easier in large bulk amounts.
Then I store it all in a 5 gallon bucket (WOW! – yes really I make that much!) and pull out smaller amounts for the pantry shelf.
It typically will last most of the winter.
Hot Chocolate Ad-ins
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate: Add crushed up candy canes or peppermint disks to your hot cup and the peppermint will melt. Just like Candy Cane Cocoa!
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate: Throw in a couple of mini Reeces Peanut Butter Cups and stir. Oh yum! Delish
- Eggnog Hot Chocolate: Add 2 Tablespoons of Eggnog to your Hot Cocoa Mix for a delicious creamy Chocolate Nog Cocoa.
- Vanilla Cinnamon Hot Chocolate: Add 1/2 tsp Vanilla and a dash of cinnamon to each cup. Mmm. Yum!
- Cookie Hot Chocolate: Crush your favorite cookies and sprinkle on top of whipping cream for an added touch
- Chocolate Hot Chocolate: Add a drizzle of Chocolate Sauce inside your mug. Trust me, it’s just delicious!
National Cocoa Day ~ December 13th
Who knew? But drinking a good cup of Cocoa is great any day, especially when the weather is cool and snuggled up by a fire.
Hot Cocoa and Hot Chocolate are interchangeable for a warm drink made with chocolate, milk, sugar.
As noted above you can add in so many different flavors to this traditional drink that warms a belly. Don’t forget to drink a cup and celebrate on December 13th
Pin this Recipe for Later!
Store Hot Cocoa Mix in an airtight container for a better shelf life. Fill mason jars for a fun gift and enjoy all winter long.
More Holiday Treats!
- Easy Christmas Cookies
- Christmas Cookies
- Dulce de Leche
- Pecan Pie
- 1 Hour Cinnamon Rolls
- S’mores Muddy Buddies
- Chocolate Dipped Pecan Sandies
- Peanut Butter Scotcharoos
- Fancy Marshmallows
- Sweet Roll
- Eggnog Pie
- Hot Chocolate
- Eggnog Quick Bread
- Holiday Chex Mix
- Apple Pie Chex Mix
- The Grey Stuff
- 3 Cup Nestle Chocolate Quick
- 2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cup Creamer
- 3 Cup Powdered Nonfat Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips *Optional
- Garnish ~ Whipping Cream Marshmallows, Chocolate Drizzle
- In a large bowl combine Nestle Chocolate Quick, Powdered Sugar, Creamer, Powdered Milk and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Store in a sealed container. Makes 10 – 12 cups of mix.
- Heat 8 oz water on stove or in Microwave until desired temperature is reached. Add 3-4 Tablespoons of Hot Chocolate Mix and stir.
- Garnish with Whipping Cream, Marshmallows, Chocolate Drizzle, crushed candy canes, etc.