An American Favorite…. Mac & Cheese can be made even easier in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker! In 5 minutes this favorite will be perfectly cooked for you to enjoy.
Who doesn’t love a good Mac & Cheese? I think we all do! And we likely have eaten enough of the boxed Mac & Cheese but nothing compares to homemade.
Try this Mac & Cheese in your Instant Pot and you will be hooked as we are.
I have to be honest, I was extremely skeptical that this would be cooked in 5 minutes. But I thought, ‘what can I lose?’, so I tried it.
In record time, the pasta was perfectly cooked. All my mess was contained to one pan!
Yippee! Even better, right? And I have very little clean up.
It will take about 8 minutes for your Instant Pot to pressure up. The 5 minute cooking time will begin once the correct pressure has been reached. After 5 minutes a beeper will signal and then you can Quick Release the pressure.
You do this by turning the pressure knob forward. Place a towel over the Quick Release so the steam doesn’t go every where. Also, this recipe tends to make the steam “spit”. So a towel just takes care of any mess that could happen.
Eat it up:
This recipe was a hit the first time. I’m a little embarrassed to say that we have now made Mac & Cheese daily this past week. You would think 1 pound of pasta would be enough.
With a family of grown boys, they think they need more! But really, this is a large portion and will easily feed 6-8 as a side dish to compliment any meal.
You could also throw it into a casserole dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs and throw into the oven for a few minutes too. Just like Grandma used to make! And no one needs to know it only took you minutes. I won’t tell!
Pin and save for later
Other Amazing Recipes – Give them a try!
Mac & Cheese | Instant Pot Recipe
- 1 lb Macaroni Noodle
- 4 1/2 Cup water *can substitute broth
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1 1/2 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In your Instant Pot, add 4 1/2 cups of water, 1 tsp Salt and 2 tsp Dry Mustard and give it a quick stir. Add pasta.
- Set to Manual Mode for 5 minutes. It will take about 8 minutes to pressure up.
- Once the Instant Pot and signaled the time is up, place a towel over the Quick Release valve and release the pressure. It will "spit" out water so the towel just helps to keep it from going all over your kitchen.
- Open lid, and with a large spoon stir pasta. The pasta will clump up when cooking but quickly breaks apart when stirred.
- Add Butter and Evaporated milk and give a quick stir.
- Add Sharp Cheddar, Monterey Jack Cheese and stir to melt. Add Nutmeg. Add additional evaporate milk if you want it more creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and Enjoy! To Reheat, add additional milk or evaporate milk and heat in microwave.