Honey Balsamic Steak Bites are a fun twist on a traditional steak and they wont disappoint on flavor either.
These are fun as an appetizer or served as an entree with your favorite dipping sauces. There are so many sauce options, to dazzle your tastebuds, it’s endless.
With Honey Balsamic Steak Bites you will enjoy the sweetness from the honey and the little bite from the Balsamic vinegar.
Add some Red Pepper Flakes to heat it up and together it’s a perfect marinade for steak.
What should I serve with Steak Bites?
What cut of Steak if best for Pan Frying?
You want a tender cut of steak for sure. Choose one of these cuts and you won’t go wrong:
- Top Sirloin
- Flank Steak
- Round Steak
- Filet Mignon
What Oil should I use to Cook Steak?
Always heat the pan first. Just trust me here. Get it good and hot.
When I cook on the stove I like to use a cast iron pan. It just works magic. Then I use an Olive Oil (you can of course use a Canola Oil if needs be) and some butter. This is just personal preference.
Once my pan is hot, I turn down the heat to cook my steak or steak bites.
Is it okay to marinate overnight?
You would think the answer is yes, but truly the answer is “maybe”. If your marinade has alcohol, acid or salt you do not want to marinate over night because those ingredients will begin the cooking process.
You are best to only marinate for up to 4 hours. If your marinade does not contain those items then you should be good to marinate away!
What’s in Balsamic Steak Bites?
The recipe card will give you all the details but to wet your appetite here is the list of ingredients:
- Steak cut into cubes
- Crushed Garlic
- Soy Sauce
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Red Pepper Flakes
What is a CrispLid?
A CrispLid made by Mealthy will turn ANY brand 6 or 8 qt Pressure Cooker into an Air Fryer.
Yes, my mind was blown too. I of course had to have one and I LOVE IT!
Use my special Mealthy CrispLid Link and code DEVOURDINNER at check out to get $10 off your CrispLid Pressure Cooker Accessory purchase.
How to Air Fry Steak Bites?
I’m in love with my air fryer. Being a mom can be hard work and by the end of the day making dinner is just sometimes too much.
I can use an Air Fryer to cook Steak Bites to perfection while I’m cleaning my kitchen or folding laundry. That’s a win in my book.
To make Honey Balsamic Steak Bites in the Air Fryer, mix up your marinade and allow to marinate for 30 minutes to 4 hours.
The longer the better to allow each cube of steak to absorb all that goodness.
Preheat your Air Fryer to 400 degrees for 4 minutes and then place the Steak Bites in the basket in a single layer for 5 minutes. Turn over and cook an additional 5 minutes.
This will give you a nice Medium cooked steak bite. So cook short or longer depending on what you prefer keeping in mind that different size air fryers may cook differently.
How To Cook Steak Bites on the Stove
Take your steaks and cut them up in 1 in cubes. In a gallon ziplock bag add all your spices and vinegar. Mix to combine.
Place your cubed steak into the ziplock bag and shake to coat all pieces of steak. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes to 4 hours. The longer the better, but even an hour is great.
Over medium to high heat, heat up a frying pan or cast iron pan with 2 Tbls of Olive Oil.
Allow the oil to get hot. Remove cubed steak from marinade and place in hot pan to cook.
Cook each side for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes and then flip over using tongs or a fork and cook for 1 – 1 1/2 minutes on the other side.
This will be perfect for a medium/well steak bites. If you like a more rare steak bite you will need to cook for less time on each side.
Adjust the time according to your own preference.
Honey Balsamic Steak Bites will come off the heat perfect and ready to eat.
They are infused with honey and balsamic vinegar and absolutely delicious. Use your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy these little babies.
Serve with a salad, baked potato, rice or veggies. This will be a recipe you come back for for sure.
If Steak is your passion we’ve got more!
Perfect Side Dishes for your Steak Bites Recipes
- Mushroom and Rice Pilaf
- Mushroom Butter Noodles
- Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Neighborhood Favorite BLT Pasta Salad
- Pasta with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes
- Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad
- Savory Rice
- Pistachio Fluff Salad
Honey Balsamic Steak Bites
- 2 lbs Top Sirloin Steak Cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 Tbs olive oil *for frying
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 3 Tbs Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbs Vegetable Oil *use in marinade
- 1 Tbs Crushed Garlic
- 2 tsp Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Cut steak into 1 in cubes and set aside
- In a separate bowl combine Balsamic Vinegar, Honey, Soy Sauce, Vegetable Oil, Garlic, Rosemary, Salt, Pepper and Red Pepper Flakes and whisk to combine.
- Add cube steak to marinade and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 4 hours
- Remove steak from marinade.
Stove Top Directions
- Over medium to high heat allow a frying pan or cast iron pan to heat up with 2 Tbls Olive Oil. You want the pan hot before you add the steak
- Add steak cubes to hot pan and allow to cook for 1 – 1 1/2 minutes per side and then flip with tongs or a fork. Cook on other side for an addition 1 – 1 1/2 minutes for a medium/well steak cube. If you prefer your steak more rare cook less time.
- *The sugar in the honey will cause the steak to brown quickly, so keep an eye on them. Keep heat to a medium/high temp for best results. Or put in the oven at 350 degrees for a couple minutes to finish cooking to desired temperatures.
Air Fryer Instructions
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees for 4 minutes
- Place cubed marinated steak in Air Fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 5 minutes
- Turn steak bites over and cook for an additional 4-5 mintues on other side.
- Cook more or less depending on your desired doneness of steak. This will cook steak bites to a medium temperature. Larger or smaller air fryers may cooker faster or slower so please take note.