Is it a Brownie or a Cookie? How about a Holiday Brownie Cookie! You know you love a rich and chewy Brownie Recipe, so why not make it into a chewy chocolatey Cookie and dress it up for the Holidays! With added red and green M&M's this cookie is a fun treat for those little and big hands in your home.
This recipe is part of the Freaky Friday Holiday 2020 Recipe Exchange. I love meeting new bloggers and getting to know them while highlighting one of their recipes. So make sure to check out where I got the inspiration for this Holiday Brownie Cookie Recipe.
And make sure to check out the other fantastic recipes that are apart of this fun Freaky Friday event listed at the bottom of this post below the recipe card. You will even see my VERY popular Instant Pot Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Not only is this recipe delicious but it's also super simple with only a few ingredients. It's easily thrown together for an after school snack. Let the kids decorate their own for a fun treat.
This recipe has been taken from LeMoine Family Kitchen and my friend Angela. She is also a mom of boys just like me! Raising all boys can be challenging but a blessing in my life as I'm sure Angela would agree. She has been blogging for many years and has some super fun recipes on her site. Make sure to check out her Dessert Page she has some delicious Orange Pecan Biscotti as well as Chocolate Chip Scones that look wonderful.
Today I'm making the Holiday Brownie Cookie by Angela. Angela recommends using a Pillsbury Family sized Brownie Mix along with the Vanilla Flavored Frosting with Holiday Sprinkles. The frosting is actually green in color while still being vanilla flavored. Add a bag of Mini Red and Green M&M's to the mix and to decorate and you've got yourself one good cookie!
- Pillsbury Family Size Brownie Mix
- Pillsbury Vanilla Flavored Frosting with Holiday Sprinkles
- M&M Red and Green Mini's
- Vegetable Oil
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl combine Brownie Mix with Flour and half the bag of Mini M&M's. This is helpful to make sure the flour is mixed well with the dry brownie mix as well as separate the M&M's in the mixture.
- Create a well in the center and add eggs
- Pour Vegetable Oil on top
- With a fork whisk eggs in well as best as you can and slowly incorporate dry ingredients
- Batter is pretty thick, you can switch to a large spoon if needed to full mix ingredients
- Batter will be a little sticky but will hold it's shape well.
- With a Medium Cookie Scoop, scoop cookies and place on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart
- Chill dough in freezer for 10 mins
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Cookies will be soft but cooked
- Allow to fully cool
- Spread Holiday Green Frosting on top of cookies and decorate with remaining Red and Green M&M's
- Makes about 24 cookies
Frosting cookies can be so much fun and you really can do some fun things with what you have at home! For a fun added tip, place frosting into a quart sized zip-loc bag and snip the corner. Pipe a swirl starting in the center of each cookie to make them more festive.
Brownies are considered a Bar Cookie rather than Cake and eaten as a finger food like Cookies. Which makes a Brownie Cookie a perfect combination.
Another fun tidbit is Angela suggests wrapping these Holiday Cookies in a cute bag and attaching a cookie cutter with a ribbon to gift to neighbors, friends and even your children's Teachers. What a cute idea that is simple and easy to do.
I found these cookies to not only be easy and a ton of fun but also rich, chewy and very tasty. My own boys loved the 'Holiday Cheer' and kept coming back for more. Although they did agree that eating one at a time with a tall glass of milk was ideal. They even agreed to help make them next time! That's a mom win right there!
Looking for more fantastic Holiday Recipes?
- Holiday Chex Mix
- Easy Christmas Cookies
- Fancy Dipped Marshmallows
- Christmas Cookies
- Cake Mix Cookies
- Pie Crust Cookies
- Frozen Dipped Oreos
- Grinch Fudge
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- Eggnog Pie
Holiday Brownie Cookies
- 1 18.4oz Brownie Mix Pillsbury Family Size
- 1 Holiday Vanilla Frosting Pillsbury Holiday Funfetti
- ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Bag Holiday Mini M&M's Red and Green
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- In a large mixing bowl add Brownie Mix, flour and about half of Mini M&M's. Stir to combine
- Create a well in the middle of dry ingredients and add eggs to well.
- Pour Vegetable Oil all around dry ingredients
- Using a fork break up eggs and whisk slowly incorporating dry ingredients
- Mix to combine. Dough will be firm and sticky
- Using a medium cookie scoop place cookies on cookie sheet 2 inches apart
- Chill for 10 minutes in refrigerator
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes. Outsides will be set
- Allow to cool for 5 mins on cookie sheet before removing to cooling rack
- Frost cookies with Pillsbury Green Holiday Frosting (Vanilla flavored) and sprinkle additional Mini M&M's on top
- Makes approx 24 cookies
Michaela from An Affair From The Heart organized this fun Freaky Friday Blog Hop #freakyfridayrecipes and I’m thrilled to be apart of it. It’s a fun opportunity to meet other foodies and share their recipes. So take a look and enjoy some of these other amazing bloggers and their delicious recipes.
Take a look at all of our 2020 Freaky Friday Holiday Cookie Exchange Recipes:
- An Affair from the Heart - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
- Bowl Me Over - Homemade Buckeyes Recipe
- Devour Dinner - Holiday Brownie Cookie
- Fresh Cooky - Mint Fudge Brownies
- Hostess at Heart - Homemade Butter Cookies
- House of Nash Eats - Candy Coated Crispix Mix
- Lemoine Family Kitchen - Nutella Thumbprint Cookies
- Life Currents - Easy One Hour Cinnamon Rolls
- Life, Love & Good Food - Peppermint Brownie Drop Cookies
- Or Whatever You Do - Easy Thumbprint Cookie Recipe
- Sugar Dish Me - Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Take Two Tapas - Chocolate Caramel Brownies
- The Speckled Palate - Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
I can't wait to try these with my kids! I love the crunch of those little mini M&Ms and kind of bought two bags of the holiday ones without a plan for them. Now I know what to do!
These cookies are SO FANTASTIC! Not only are they super cute, but they're incredibly easy and FUN to make with kids. We'll be baking another batch of these before the holidays are over!
These cookies are chocolatey fudgy goodness! Love the festive toppings too!
They are exactly that and so much more!
I LOVE semi-homemade especially this time of year. I always say if it's not broken...These cookies are adorable and combine my favorite chocolate brownies with frosting and M&M decorations!
These holiday cookies will be perfect in my cookie boxes that I'm giving to my neighbors. Festive and yummy!
Oh Rebecca, thank you for your sweet words! I will say you are 100% right on raising boys, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love that you chose this simple but yummy and festive cookie. My boys really enjoy baking these with me! Gorgeous job my friend!
Love.it!!! These look incredible. Thanks for sharing!
Oooh, I love perfectly simple cookies that look like you slaved over them! And these brownie cookies have all of that, get the kids in the kitchen making these delicious, easy peasy holiday cookies.
Yum, yum, yum! These cookies look delicious! I make a lot of cake box cookies so I can't wait to try your recipe. Happy Holidays to you & yours!!
Sheila @ Life, Love, and Good Food
These cookies are great for baking with the kids! So festive and fun, too!
My kids are going to THANK YOU for these brownie cookies! Two of their favorites in ONE great little holiday treat!