You know that Chicken Parmesan is a top 10 recipe, right? It's a classic recipe served over pasta and fresh Marinara Sauce that you can find at any Italian Resturant. I think it ranks closer to my top 5 personally as I love a bite full of seasoned chicken breast with melted parmesan cheese and a savory marinara sauce. Can you just taste it?
Chicken Parmesan is a super simple 30 Minute Recipe that is sure to be a family favorite. Don't be fooled by the stunning presentation, it's not difficult to make and well worth the effort. Served with spaghetti noodles and even picky eaters will devour this recipe.
What I love about this recipe is my boys have cleaned their plates. No leftovers at this table! Although I wouldn't mind a few leftover with this recipe, it's delicious and would make a great Chicken Parmesan Sliders or a Sandwich the next day!
What's in Chicken Parmesan?
- Chicken Breast
- Bread Crumbs
- Marinara Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
Did you know that Chicken Parmesan came from the US? WOW! Mind blown. But it's true. Chicken Parmesan was first served by an Italian-American Chef. Soon variations of parmesan chicken tenders became popular for their simplicity and making them more kid friendly. Plus a little easier to make on busy nights.
Making Chicken Parmesan is really pretty easy which is why I've put together a simple video to show you! Next time you want to impress, making this easy recipe and trust me they will be Wow'd by the presentation, licking their lips over the delicious taste, and you are sure to make memories too.
Cook your noodles first. Place a pot of water on high heat with a lid cover. This will help bring the water to a boil quickly. By starting your pasta first your entire meal will all be done at once and you will have a warm delicious meal to serve.
How to make Chicken Parm
- Over high heat, heat a large pot full of water to a boil. Add noodles to pot and cook according to directions on box.
- Slice chicken breasts horizontally through the middle horizontally making a thin cutlet. Season with Salt and Pepper.
- In a bowl combine milk and eggs and whisk together. On a separate plate place bread crumbs and then set aside. Dip each chicken breast cutlet in bread crumbs, then egg mixture and back into bread crumbs. This will give you a nice thick coating to your chicken breasts.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add Olive Oil and allow to heat for 3-4 minutes until hot. Place coated chicken breasts in hot skillet with olive oil. Cook for 3 minutes and turn over and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a baking dish pour 1 cup of pasta sauce on the bottom and place cooked chicken breasts on top of pasta sauce. Take slice of mozzarella cheese and place on top of each chicken breast. Drizzle pasta sauce on top of cheese. Bake at 350 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Chicken is fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees
- In a large bowl, place pasta, pasta sauce and Parmesan Cheese. Top with Chicken Breast. Add additional pasta sauce as needed and garnish with Parmesan Cheese.
What Side goes with Chicken Parmesan?
Personally I love a big garden salad with Italian Dressing and naturally breadsticks of course!
Is there a difference between Chicken Parmesan and Chicken Parmigiana?
Different regions call this recipe different names. Although spelled differently, chicken parmigiana is also known as chicken parmesan. The US will also refer to it as Chicken Parm and believe it or not in Australia it's called Parmi
Do you Bake Chicken Parm Covered or Uncovered?
I prefer to Bake Chicken Parmesan uncovered. Where the breasts have been pan fried on both sizes, we are using the oven to finish fully cooking the chicken breast
How do you keep Breading from falling off Chicken?
It's important to make sure you pat the chicken dry once removed from the package. Use a paper towel to blot excess liquid. I also like to double coat the chicken breast by dipping in breadcrumbs first, then egg and then back into bread crumbs.
This recipe is too good to stop here, so make sure to check out these other Kid Friendly Chicken Parmesan Variations
Fun and Easy Stuffed Croissants
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts
- 2 Eggs Eggs
- 1 ½ Cups Italian Bread Crumbs
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1 pkg Spaghetti Noodles
- 2 Tbs Fresh Basil
- 4 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese - Fresh sliced
- 1 Jar Pasta Sauce - Full Circle
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a bowl combine eggs, milk and Salt and Pepper. Wisk to combine and set aside
- On a separate plate place Italian Bread Crumbs. Plate should be large enough for chicken breasts to lay flat.
- Slice each Chicken Breasts horizontal all the way through. This makes cooking the chicken breast easier as it's thinner and will cook more evenly.
- Dip each chicken breast slice into bread crumbs, then into egg mixture, and back into bread crumbs coating evenly. Do this for each chicken breast.
- In a frying pan, eat olive oil over medium/high heat until hot. Place chicken breasts into hot pan and cook for 3 minutes for each side. Remove chicken and place in 9x13 pan.
- Add slices of mozzarella cheese to top of each chicken breast and drizzle a large spoonful of sauce over the top of each piece of cheese. Add Fresh Basil for Garnish as desired. Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve over spaghetti noodles with heated Pasta Sauce and garnish with Parmesan Cheese. Enjoy!
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.