Skillet Tuscan Chicken is an incredibly delicious, savory, and creamy dish that goes great with some cooked pasta! With such a delicious and rich dish like this, you really don’t need much else on the plate!
I love Tuscan chicken, there’s just something about it that feels like summer. Or at the very least gives you a mental image of an Italian sunset. Grab a glass of wine and enjoy a luxurious homecooked meal.
As fancy as this Skillet Tuscan chicken may seem, it’s actually a very simple dish to make. With this one pot meal, you can have a tasty dinner in no time. It’s a very fast dish to pull together and takes under 30 minutes from start to finish.
If you’re looking for a faster way to cook this delicious meal then check out my Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken. It’s almost exactly the same, but made faster, and simpler thanks to your pressure cooker. Considering how easy this dish is in the first place, that’s hard to believe!
Skillet Tuscan Chicken Ingredients
- 1 Lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- tsp Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Onion
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbs Dry Italian Dressing Seasoning
- 1 Cup Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4oz Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
How to Make Skillet Tuscan Chicken
- Slice your Chicken Breasts in half so that you can make thin Breast Cutlets.
- Season each piece with salt, pepper and dry Italian Dressing Seasonings.
- Heat your skillet over medium high heat and add in your Olive Oil.
- Place the seasoned Chicken Cutlets in the hot oil and then cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over and then cook other side until chicken reaches 165 degrees internally.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and then set aside.
- In the skillet add your diced onion and garlic and saute until they are tender.
- Add in the heavy cream and the cream cheese. Stir until combined and the cream cheese melts.
- Add in the Parmesan Cheese and stir until the cheese melts.
- Add in the Sun Dried tomatoes and the fresh Spinach. Stir to combine.
- Place the Cooked Chicken Cutlets back into the sauce and heat thoroughly.
How to store Tuscan Chicken
If you have leftovers that you won’t be eating right away, I recommend saving some for later. You can place your Tuscan chicken inside of a Ziploc bag or Tupperware style container. Then keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to reheat and eat.
How to reheat Tuscan Chicken
You can reheat your Tuscan chicken on the stove over medium heat until warmed through. You can also mix it together with some pasta and top with additional cheese and bake until cooked. Either way, it will taste delicious. If it seems dry, add in a little butter or splash of heavy cream to get it to liven back up.
Can I freeze Tuscan Chicken?
Yes you can. If you plan on freezing it, then I recommend putting it in a covered aluminum pan. This makes it much easier in both terms of storage and reheating. Simply take the pan out and keep in the fridge overnight before baking. You can also bake from frozen and add additional cooking time.
What to serve with Tuscan Chicken
Most of the time Tuscan chicken is served as is or alongside a pile of cooked noodles. You can choose to serve it with mashed potatoes or cooked rice if you wanted. Even a creamy risotto would be a great option! Whatever you choose, I’m sure it will be good!
You will also want to try these amazing dishes
- Bowtie Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Crack Chicken Casserole
- Instant Pot Chicken Divan
- Fiesta Chicken
- Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes
- Instant Pot Pulled Chicken ~ Easy Meal Prep
Skillet Tuscan Chicken
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1/3 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 cup Onion
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Dry Italian Dressing Seasoning
- 1 cup Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Slice Chicken Breasts in half making thin Breast Cutlets
- Season each piece with salt, pepper and dry Italian Dressing Seasonings
- Heat skillet over medium high heat and add Olive Oil
- Place seasoned Chicken Cutlets in hot oil and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Turn over and cook other side until chicken reached 165 degrees internally and remove chicken.
- In skillet add diced onion and garlic and saute until tender
- Add heavy cream and cream cheese. Stir until combined and cream cheese melts
- Add Parmesan Cheese and stir until cheese melts.
- Add Sun Dried tomatoes and Spinach. Stir to combine
- Place Cooked Chicken Cutlets back into sauce and heat through