Trader Joe's Orange Chicken Air Fryer recipe gives you sublime flavors with unbeatable crunch in just 15 minutes! It's the perfect solution to busy weeknight meal situations for the whole family!
If you're craving a delightful dish that’s both quick to prepare and packed with flavor, then look no further!
Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken is cooked to perfection in an air fryer, you can whip up a delicious meal that’s crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and covered in tangy orange sauce.
Whether you’re prepping for a festive holiday, a cozy dinner, or simply want a hassle-free meal, this recipe will soon become a favorite for you and the whole family!
Trader Joe's Mandarin Orange Chicken offers a no-fuss, easy dinner option straight from the freezer aisle, saving you a trip to a Chinese restaurant.
Just pop the frozen orange chicken in your air fryer basket, and in 8-10 minutes, you have a golden brown delight ready to be served!
It’s a versatile dish that can be tailored to suit the preferences of your whole family.
Ingredients Needed for Trader Joe's Orange Chicken
- Orange Chicken. We'll be using Frozen Orange Chicken from Trader Joe's freezer aisle. It should come with some sauce packets too for extra flavor.
- Sesame Seeds. Adds some extra flavor and texture for a garnish.
- Green Onions. Freshly chopped green onions will add a burst of fresh, tangy flavor
How to Make Air Fryer Trader Joe's Orange Chicken
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400 Degrees F for 5 minutes. Spray the bottom of the Air Fryer Basket with Avocado Spray or use a parchment paper liner.
- Place the frozen Orange Chicken in the preheated Air Fryer.
- Heat at 400 Degrees F for 8 Minutes. Turn the Orange Chicken after 5 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, check the internal temperature to ensure it reaches 165 degrees internally. Heat for an additional 1-2 minutes as needed.
- Warm the Orange Sauce in the microwave and pour it over the cooked Orange Chicken. Toss to coat.
- Serve with Rice or Noodles.
To cook in the air fryer, you want an oil with a high smoke point. Avocado Oil has the highest smoke point, but Sunflower Oil, Light Olive Oil, or Coconut Oil are all good options for this air frying too.
Absolutely! Add some spicy orange sauce, or a sprinkle of red pepper flakes to turn up the heat.
Definitely! Bell peppers, broccoli, or any of your favorite veggies would make great additions.
Air frying typically uses less oil compared to deep frying or cooking on the stovetop, which generally makes it a much healthier method of cooking.
For a gluten-free option, ensure your orange chicken and soy sauce are gluten-free, or seek out specific gluten-free alternatives.
Storage & Freezing
Storage: Store leftover orange chicken once it has cooled to room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Cookies are best if enjoyed within 2-3 days.
Freezing: If you have a lot of leftovers, you can freeze them to enjoy later. Ensure it’s cooled completely before portioning it into an airtight container or a freezer bag. This orange chicken makes for an easy freezer meal, ready to be reheated whenever you crave some tangy and crispy chicken!
To Reheat: Reheat the orange chicken in the air fryer or on the stovetop over medium heat, to help maintain the crispiness of the chicken while ensuring it’s heated through.
Substitutions & Variations
- Frozen Trader Joe's Orange Chicken: You can substitute this with another brand of frozen orange chicken or try making your own homemade version using chicken breasts, corn starch, and a homemade orange sauce made from orange juice, soy sauce, and a bit of garlic powder.
- Sesame Seeds. Feel free to skip these or replace them with crushed nuts or even crunchy noodles for a different texture.
- Green Onions. You can use fresh chives for a different punch of flavor.
- Rice or Noodles: Serve the orange chicken over brown rice, quinoa, or even cauliflower rice for a lower-carb option. Alternatively, any type of noodles will pair well with this dish.
- Cooking times. The time it'll take to cook the whole batch of chicken will depend on the size of your air fryer. It may take a couple of batches to get it all in.
- Make sure to cook evenly. Place the chicken pieces in a single layer in the air fryer basket and turn them halfway through the cooking time. This ensures that the hot circulating air cooks the chicken evenly, resulting in a crispy texture.
- Customizing the Dish. Feel free to experiment with additional garnishes or side dishes. Adding veggies like bell pepper or serving with a side of spring rolls can elevate the meal further.
Have you tried this Air Fryer Orange Chicken recipe?
Please leave a comment below if you have tried making this recipe. I love to hear from you and enjoy reading about what you think. Be sure to tag @devourdinner when posting to social media. I can't wait to see your photos!
More Air Fryer Dinner Recipes
- Juicy Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Bruschetta Chicken with Deglaze Balsamic Vinegar
- Air Fryer Lemon Chicken Marinade
Trader Joe's Orange Chicken Air Fryer
- 1 pk Orange Chicken - Frozen Trader Joe's
- Sesame Seeds - Garnish
- Green Onions - Garnish
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400 Degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Spray the bottom of Air Fryer Basket with Avocado Spray or use parchment paper liner.
- Place frozen Orange Chicken in preheated Air Fryer.
- Heat at 400F Degrees for 8 Minutes. Turning Orange Chicken after 5 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, check internal temperature to ensure its reached 165 degrees F internally. Heat for an additional 1-2 minutes as needed.
- Warm the Orange Sauce in microwave and pour over cooked Orange Chicken. Toss to coat.
- Serve with Rice or Noodles.
- Storage: Store leftover orange chicken once it has cooled to room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Cookies are best if enjoyed within 2-3 days.
- Freezing: If you have a lot of leftovers, you can freeze them to enjoy later. Ensure it’s cooled completely before portioning it into an airtight container or a freezer bag. It makes for an easy freezer meal, ready to be reheated whenever you crave some tangy and crispy chicken. To Reheat: Reheat the orange chicken in the air fryer or on the stovetop over medium heat. This will help maintain the crispiness of the chicken while ensuring it’s heated through.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.