Air Fryer Chicken Breast are an easy way to cook up a delicious batch of juicy and tender chicken breasts in a short amount of time.
Within minutes, you can have perfectly cooked chicken breasts ready in time for dinner with little to no effort!
Chicken breasts are such a versatile piece of meat that can be used for pretty much anything from salad to as-is on a plate.
Shred the chicken breast up and you’re given even more options including taco filling and chili meat.
Unfortunately as versatile as a cut as they may be, if not cooked properly, they can turn out kind of dry.
Getting the perfect juicy chicken breast takes skill and a careful eye watching that instant read thermometer to read 165 degrees F.
Thankfully this Air Fryer recipe makes it even easier.
You’re going to love these Air Fryer fried chicken breasts and how quickly they can cook up a perfect batch of golden colored chicken.
Pair it alongside some tasty green beans and mashed potatoes or slice it thin and top a delicious salad.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Fried Chicken?
- Chicken breasts (of similar size)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Seasoned Salt
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken
- Season your Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts with salt and pepper
- Set the Air Fryer to 350 degrees for 9 minutes per side.
- The Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees.
- Serve and Enjoy!
I love to use my Mealthy CrispLid as it turns any 6qt or 8qt Pressure Cooker into an Air Fryer. The size is perfect which I love.
How do I know how long to Air Fry a Chicken Breast?
Your chicken is done cooking when the juices run clear and the thermometer reads 165 degrees. The meat will be firm and the chicken will be delicious, juicy, and safe to eat.
Should I marinate or Brine my Chicken Breast?
You don’t have to if you don’t want to, it’s totally up to your preference as to which option you’d prefer.
That being said, making a nice brine out of salt and warm water and allowing your breasts to sit in it for about 30 minutes prior to cooking could help to get them to retain even more juiciness when cooked.
Do I need to use Oil to Air Fry Chicken Breasts?
Adding a little oil can help to get seasonings to stick and help the outer skin of the chicken breasts to crisp up a little, so if those sound like something you’d enjoy, go ahead and add a little bit of olive oil to your chicken breasts.
Can you cook frozen chicken breast in an air fryer?
Yes you can! Just adjust the time a little and you should be good to go.
Try increasing the time by an additional 5 minutes at a time, checking often to see if the chicken has reached proper temp.
How does an air fryer work?
An air fryer is like a mini convection oven that works by circulating the air around the food.
This increases the speed in which food cooks and gives you a nice browning and layer or crispness depending on what is being cooked and for how long.
How to Cook Chicken in more ways than one
- Instant Pot Pulled Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Baked Chicken Breast
- Skillet Chicken Breast
What to serve with Air Fryer Chicken Breast?
Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Seasoned Salt
- Herbs (Basil, Oregano, Rosemary, Thyme)
- Slice Chicken Breast horizontally to make 2 cutlets per breast
- Season cutlets with salt and pepper
- add additional seasons or brine as desired
- Cook in Air Fryer for 8 minutes at 350 degrees
- Turn over and cook for an additional 8 minutes on other side
- Measure internal temperature for doneness. Chicken should reach 165 degrees at thickest part
- Remove from air fryer and allow to rest for a 3-5 minutes
- Chicken can be used for a variety of recipes using precooked chicken OR serve as is. Chicken is moist and delicious.