Hot from the oven, Pepperoni Pizza Sliders are a delicious twist on a classic pizza and a favorite slider recipe. Super soft rolls are loaded with marinara sauce, melted cheese, and slices of pepperoni, and are topped with Italian garlic butter.
First seen on Savory Experiments where I contributed
Start your movie night with the family by making Pepperoni Pizza Sliders. It will be a hit with the teens and littles.
Pizza is hands down, one of my boys favorite foods. And it's always been a huge hit when we spend time together as a family.
While we didn't have a designated pizza night, I knew it was always a guaranteed hit.
These Pizza Sliders give you all the best flavors of pizza in a handy roll form that's also a perfect size for little hands to snack on!
Ready in just 20 minutes, it's a great quick dinner idea to have up your sleeve, and they work really well for lunch for a crowd too.
It's so versatile, you can change up the fillings as you like, so everyone can have what they like - they're sure to become a family favorite!
Make sure to try the Philly Cheese Steak Sliders on the next game night. They melt in your mouth and are fantastic.
Sliders are an easy meal and also a great appetizer too.
Ingredients Needed for Pizza Sliders
- Rolls. I used Hawaiian Rolls for these sliders, but any kind of soft buns will work.
- Sauce. Use Pizza Sauce or my homemade Marinara Sauce for those delicious Italian pizza flavors.
- Pepperoni. Any brand of sliced pepperoni is great here, so use your favorite.
- Cheese. Shredded Mozzarella cheese is best for these sliders as it melts quickly.
- Butter. Use salted butter to enhance the flavors of these rolls.
- Seasoning. A combination of Italian Seasonings, Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper is perfect for bringing the pizza flavors through.
How to Make Pizza Sliders
Preheat oven to 350 F Degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with baking spray or line it with parchment paper.
Slice Rolls in half using a large serrated knife. TIP: Keep the Rolls pressed together and slice them as a unit removing the tops.
Place the bottom portion of the Rolls in the baking dish.
Spread a layer of Pizza Sauce or Marinara Sauce over the bread.
Top with Pepperoni slices making it as thick or thin as you would like.
Spread shredded Cheese on top of the Pepperoni, coating it evenly.
Repeat the Pepperoni and Cheese layers.
Place the top portion of the slider rolls on top.
In a separate bowl combine melted butter, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, and Salt and Pepper to taste.
Brush the tops of the rolls with the butter mixture.
Bake at 350 F Degree for 8-10 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Using a sharp knife slice sliders to separate them and serve hot.
Storage & Making Ahead
Storage: Pizza Sliders are best enjoyed on the same day, but they will last ok in the refrigerator for up to 2 days if wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or stored in an airtight container.
Make Ahead: Assemble the sliders then store them, sealed, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Uncover them to bake before serving.
Substitutions & Variations
- Tomato Sauce. The tomato sauce will bring a lot of flavor into these rolls, so I've used my Homemade Marinara Sauce. You can use a pizza sauce or marinara sauce from the grocery store if you prefer.
- Rolls. Any kind of soft dinner rolls or slider rolls will be great here. I've used Franz Hawaiian Dinner Rolls, but King's Soft Hawaiian Rolls are also good. Just use your favorite brand.
- Fillings. You can use any kind of fillings in these pizza sliders. Some ideas are sausage, ham, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, pineapple, or olives.
- Cheese. Mozzarella cheese is a classic pizza choice, but you can use any melty cheese. Parmesan cheese will add a strong cheesy flavor, while Pepper Jack Cheese will add a bit of spice. Cheddar cheese is a great addition too, as is a Mexican Cheese Mix.
- Spice. Add some spice to your sliders with a little bit of hot sauce mixed in with the marinara sauce, or add some jalapenos as toppings, or sprinkle some red pepper flakes in there too!
- The best way to make these sliders is to keep the rolls pressed together and slice them as a unit, removing only the top halves.
- Use a block of cheese that you grate yourself where possible for the best flavor. Or use slices of cheese for a thick, no-fuss cheese layer.
- Add some chopped fresh parsley or extra Italian seasoning on top of the rolls before serving for even more flavor!
- This recipe makes 12 individual sliders, but you can double or triple the recipe to make them for a crowd. Try making several batches with different fillings for a party!
Have you tried this recipe for Pizza Sliders?
Please leave a comment below if you have tried making this recipe. I love to hear from you and enjoy reading about what you think. Be sure to tag @devourdinner when posting to social media. I can't wait to see your photos!
More Pizza Inspired Recipes
- Pepperoni Bread
- Pizza Monkey Bread
- Cheese Stuffed Breadsticks
- Texas Toast Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Air Fryer Pizza Bagel Bites
- 12 Slider Rolls Hawaiian Rolls
- ½ cup Pizza Sauce Or Marinara Sauce
- 24-36 Slices Pepperoni
- ¾ cup Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 2 tablespoons Butter Melted
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasonings
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F Degrees. Spray a 9x13 Baking Dish with baking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Slice Rolls in half. TIP: Keep the Rolls pressed together and slice them as a unit removing the tops.
- Place the bottom portion of the Rolls in the baking dish.
- Spread a layer of Pizza Sauce or Marinara Sauce over the bread and top with Pepperoni slices making it as thick or thin as you would like.
- Spread shredded Cheese on top and evenly cover the Pepperoni.
- Place the top portion of the slider rolls on top.
- In a separate bowl combine melted Butter, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasonings, and Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with the butter mixture.
- Bake at 350 F Degree for 8-10 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the sliders to separate them and serve hot.
- Storage: Pizza Sliders are best enjoyed on the same day, but they will last ok in the refrigerator for up to 2 days if wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or stored in an airtight container.
- Make Ahead: Assemble the sliders then store them, sealed, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Uncover them to bake before serving.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.