Have you ever tried a Cheese Stuffed Breadstick, loaded with Mozzarella Cheese and topped with parmesan? It's a keeper recipe and so simple to make in the Air Fryer too. We love love making them as they are so easy to make and even better to enjoy.
Dip Cheese Breadsticks into a homemade marinara sauce or pizza sauce for a fun appetizer or complement to your meal. These Breadsticks with cheese aren't just to be enjoyed with Pizza, but that is a great side for sure.
Around here we call it like we see it which means everyone in the family has a different name for these wonderful Air Fryer Cheese Breadsticks. From Stuffed Cheesy Bread, Cheese Stuffed Bread and even Breadsticks with Cheese inside. The name isn't as important is how to make them.
Ingredients for Cheese Breadsticks Recipe
Breadsticks. Frozen, fresh, or even in a pinch hot dog buns can work.
Cheese. I love to use Mozzarella and a fresh grated Parmesan Cheese. The combination results in a melty cheesy breadstick.
Seasoning. Onion Powder, Garlic, Italian Seasoning and Butter
Sauce. Marinara Sauce for Dipping. It's purely option.
Let's Chat about the Breadsticks
This recipe will work with a variety of breadstick options. So choose what you like. I prefer a thicker softer breadstick so I have room to really stuff the insides of the breadstick with cheese.
I like to use these Breadsticks from the Bakery area at my local Wal-mart Superstore. They are sliced down the top which makes it super easy to stuff and brush with seasoned butter.
These French Sweet Milk Rolls from Trader Joes are also fantastic as an option too.
I've also used frozen breadsticks. You will need to make sure these are thawed so you can slice into them to stuff.
In a pinch I've used Hot Dog Buns too. Yes, it's a stretch but really very good too, and the boys loved them.
How to make Cheese Breadsticks
I love to make these in the Air Fryer because it's so simple and I can throw them together while dinner is cooking. They are hot and ready to enjoy with dinner. But you can also bake these in the oven too.
Choose a breadstick that you love. If it's frozen, allow it to thaw and slice down the top half way through. This is where you will stuff the cheeses.
in a small bowl, melt butter and add seasonings of Italian Seasoning, minced garlic, and Onion Powder. Stir to combine.
Using a pastry brush, brush breadstick with melted seasoned butter inside where you have sliced it open and on top too.
Stuff breadstick with grated Mozzarella Cheese and top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Then brush a little more seasoned butter on top
Air Fryer at 340 degrees for 3-4 minutes. Place 3-5 breadsticks in the Air Fryer Basket and air fry until golden browned
Oven Directions for Stuffed Cheese Bread
Make breadsticks as above and place in a preheat oven on broil. Set the rack to the 2nd notch down on a Baking Sheet for 2 minutes.
Watch breadsticks so they do not burn but allow melted cheese to fully melt.
Serve with Stuffed Bread with Cheese dip marinara sauce if preferred.
Breadsticks. Try using Hot Dog Buns in a pinch or Frozen Breadsticks
Breadstick Recipe. Making your own fresh homemade Breadstick is also a great option. Here is my recipe for a yummy soft and tasty breadstick.
Onion Powder. Use Garlic Powder
Cheeses. Substitute any of your favorite cheese combinations.
This recipe is so fast and easy it's become a staple recipe in the home. I also love that I can make sure enough cheesy breadsticks for the number of people I have at home. Which makes this recipe very convenient.
Make mini pizza stuffed breadsticks. Mind blown at the simplicity of making these. Add some cut lunch meat, pepperoni, salami into the breadstick topped with cheeses. When dipped into marinara sauce you have an instant little hand held pizza.
Give it a try! And make sure to tag @devourdinner and let me know how you have liked them. You may also like this easy Pizza Bread recipe. A Pull Apart bread recipe loaded with cheese, pepperoni and all the fun toppings you enjoy with pizza.
Or try this Pizza Ring a fun and easy recipe made with Pillsbury sheet dough.
Breadstick and Cheese snack, a delicious side dish, or make it a meal by loading it up too.
Cheese Stuffed Breadsticks
- 4 Breadsticks
- ½ Cup Mozzarella Cheese Grated
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 2-3 Tablespoons Butter Melted
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasonings
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced
- Slice down the top half way through each breadstick. Using your fingers open each breadstick to make room for stuffing with cheese.
- In a separate bowl melt butter in microwave for a few seconds and add Italian Seasoning and Garlic Powder. Add mince garlic.
- Brush each breadstick with garlic butter
- Add 2 Tablespoons of shredded mozzarella cheese into each breadstick and top with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan Cheese
- Brush with additional melted butter if desired.
- Place stuffed cheese breadsticks into preheated air fryer 340 degrees. Air fry for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Remove from Air Fryer and enjoy with dipping sauce or plain.
- Breadsticks. Try using Hot Dog Buns in a pinch or Frozen Breadsticks
- Breadstick Recipe. Making your own fresh homemade Breadstick is also a great option. Here is my recipe for a yummy soft and tasty breadstick.
- Onion Powder. Use Garlic Powder
- Cheeses. Substitute any of your favorite cheese combinations.