The holidays are fun to make special treats that everyone can enjoy. Christmas Rice Krispie Treats recipe are always a favorite and let me tell you making them into Santa Treats is fantastic. Add a stick for a perfect popsicle treat and share the Merry Ho Ho Ho with these Santa Rice Krispies Treats with your friends.
This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for using my links! See my Disclosure Policy here.
You can make your own rice krispie treats or purchase premade rice krispies for a perfect packaged Christmas Snacks. How I would have loved to make these when my boys were little. But let me tell you, even all grown up they quickly grabbed for them and devoured their Santa treats.
These treats are both fun on a stick or without and with only a few ingredients you can be making this fun Holiday snack craft right at home. Here is a TIP: These are perfect for the kids to make at a school class party, or even a family Holiday Party too.
- Rice Krispie Ingredient List OR Premade Rice Krispie Squares
- Vanilla Candy Wafers or White Chocolate Chips
- Red Candies such as M&M's, Red Hots,
- White Candies such as snow flakes, sixlets, M&M's, Mini Marshmallow
- Candy Eyes
- Sticks such as wooden popsicle stick or even caramel apple wooden round sticks
How to make Christmas Rice Krispie Treats
Making a batch of Rice Crispy Teats is quick and easy to throw together. But feel free to use the pre-made rice krispy treats. They are also a great option.
In a large saucepan melt butter and marshmallows together. Once melted remove from heat and add Rice Krispies Cereal and mix together. Pour into a 9×9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Allow treats to cool to room temperature before cutting into rectangles.
Pre-made Rice Krispy Treats
I find it easiest to get all the needed supplies and ingredients set out and ready. Open remade Rice Krispy Treats and set on a parchment lined baking pan. The larger rectangle size works best often sold in boxes of 8 or 16.
How to melt Candy Wafer
In a microwave safe bowl melt candy melts in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and melt for an addition 15 seconds. Stir and melt for 15 seconds more. Continue until candy is melted and smooth.
How to decorate Rice Krispie Treats
Dip one end of Rice Krispy into melted chocolate and then quickly dip into red sanding sugar. Now is the time to press a wooden popsicle stick into the top if desired and place on parchment paper to harden.
Once candy coating has cooled and harden dip opposite end into melted white chocolate and then quickly press into sweetened coconut to resemble a beard.
Candy eyes and nose can be attached with a drop of melted chocolate and put into place. A White candy snowflake, M&M, or even a Mini Marshmallow can be placed on Santa's hat.
Place back on parchment or wax paper to cool and harden.
More easy to make Krispy Treats
These Santa Treats are my favorite Rice Krispie Christmas Squares and I truly love how easy they are to make.
Don't miss out on making Reindeer Rice Krispies too. Another fun treat using very similar ingredients. Honestly both of these treats make me smile so big for their whimsical silly faces and how they spread holiday cheer. And a super silly recipe for Candy Cane Reindeer too.
But if you are looking for a more traditional rice krispy make sure to try my Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie treats. They are fantastic loaded with white chocolate and Oreo cookies.
Holiday treats could easily be made into Christmas Tree, Santa Hat Rice Krispie Treats, Colorful Snowballs too. There are so many creative and fun recipes that can be had. Make sure to comment below and let me know what you have made. I'd love to hear.
Best Holiday Treats
- Snowman Sugar Cookies
- Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies
- Eggnog Cookies with Eggnog Buttercream Frosting
- Peppermint Meltaways
Santa Rice Krispies Treat
Homemade Rice Krispie Treats
- 10 oz Marshmallows - Bag
- 5 ¼ Cups Rice Krispies
- ½ Cup Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Salt - Pinch
Using Prepackaged Rice Krispie Treats
- 8 Rice Krispie Treats
- 16 Candy Eyes
- 8 Red Candy Noses - M&M, Red Hots
- 8 White Candy - Mini Marshmallow, Snowflake Sprinkle, White M&M
- Red Sanding Sugar
- 8 Wooden sucker sticks
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips - or White Candy Wafer Melted
Making your own Rice Krispie Treats
- In a large stock pot over medium heat add Butter.
- Allow butter to melt and add Marshmallows. Stir to coat marshmallows and allow the heat to melt ingredients. Stirring will keep ingredients from sticking and burning to bottom of pan.
- Remove from heat, stir Vanilla and Pinch of Salt
- Add Rice Puff Cereal to melted marshmallow mixture. Stir with a large wooden spoon or spatula making sure all cereal is coated in marshmallow mixture.
- Spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray and pour Rice Krispie Treats into pan.
- TIP: Wet your fingers with a little bit of water and shake it off. Use your moistened fingers to press the Krispies into the pan. Like Magic it won’t stick!
- Allow to cool and cut into rectangles
How to make Santa Treats Treats
- In a small bowl melt White Chocolate chips in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat for 15 seconds. Stir and repeat for 15 seconds or until chocolate is smooth.
- Dip one end of Rice Krispy into melted chocolate and then quickly dip into red sanding sugar.
- Add wooden stick to each rectangle rice krispie treat by gently pressing halfway into treat. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet to cool
- Once candy coating has cooled and harden dip opposite end into melted white chocolate and then quickly press into sweetened coconut to resemble a beard.
- Candy eyes and nose can be attached with a drop of melted chocolate and put into place. A White candy snowflake, M&M, or even a Mini Marshmallow can be placed on Santa’s hat.
- Place back on parchment or wax paper to cool and harden.
- Allow to cool before wrapping in plastic
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.