Making Hot Dogs is easy in Bulk when making Instant Pot Hot Dogs. Who knew a party or gathering could be so simple to feed a crowd so quickly. Make mouthwatering Instant Pot Hot Dogs in minutes and enjoy the best part of entertaining. Being with your friends or family!
Hot dogs are such a popular food that you can find them sold almost everywhere and there are so many different ways to serve them too, from plain to Chicago Style or even with some chili on top. There is always a way to please even a picky eater.
Making Hot Dogs is great, but I love all the fun salads that you can serve with them as well. Why not try an Orange Fluff Salad or a Classic Mac Salad. If you really want a winner recipe, try my Grandma’s Potato Salad. It’s won awards!
Nothing beats a grilled Hot Dog, except when it gets burnt. Sometimes you just don’t have the time to monitor the grill with everything else you might be doing. That’s why I LOVE making Instant Pot Hot Dogs in bulk. It’s another one of those Set it and Forget it recipes.
Instant Pot Hot Dogs are a perfect combination to serve alongside my Instant Pot Hamburgers too. Hot Dogs and hamburgers always go hand in hand for large outdoor gatherings where food will be involved!
So serve your hungry crowd Hot Dogs cooked in the Instant Pot and enjoy a BBQ where you get to enjoy the company too.
What You Need to Make Hot Dogs in the Instant Pot
- 8-24 Hot Dogs
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onion
- 1 tsp Garlic
How to Make Hot Dogs
- Add your Beef Broth to a 6qt Instant Pot
- Place your Hot Dogs on a trivet ~ it should fit up to 24 Dogs
- Add in the diced onions and garlic
- Set the Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker to Manual High Pressure for 1 minute
- Do a Quick Release of the Pressure
- Remove the Hot Dogs
- Serve them on Bun with Ketchup, Mustard, Onions, or your favorite condiments.
What to Serve with Hot Dogs?
Depending on how you want to enjoy your hot dogs you may find that there are endless possibilities for the side dishes. A simple bag of chips, potato or deli mac salad is always a great option for a BBQ. For simple homestyle cooking you may just want a nice pot of beans on the side.
What are the Best Hot Dogs to Buy?
Oscar Mayer Classic Beef Uncured Franks are the most sold hot dogs in the US but you should buy whichever brand or type of hotdog that you enjoy most.
Why is it called a Hot Dog?
Fun fact, the term comes from 1894 when “dog wagons” (basically a food truck of the time) sold hot dogs at dorms. It was a playful joke on the name given to the frankfurter sausage by the Germans which translated to “little dog” and from there it evolved into hot dogs.
Will Hot Dogs Explode in Instant Pot?
I find if I stand the hot dogs up on end that there is a less of a chance of them exploding. The ends will pop open a little bit. When the hot dogs lay flat on the bottom is when I find them exploding. However they are still delicious to eat!
How to reheat Hot Dogs?
It’s easy enough to place a hot dog in the Microwave to reheat for 30 seconds to 1 minute. If I’m reheating more than 1 or 2, I will heat them on the Stove in a pan with some water until they reach the desired temperature
- AT&T Park in San Francisco has the Best Hot Dogs ~ or so the Fans think!
- Oriole Park serves a Crab Mac & Cheese
- Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs are the Chosen Dogs at Yankees Stadium
- West Virginia out eats all other states in eating Hot Dogs!
Tried and True BBQ Side Dish Recipes
- Best Potato Salad ~ One reader commented he won 1st place with this Potato Salad Recipe
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- Orange Fluff
- Southwest Pasta Salad
- BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad
- Dorito Taco Salad
- Pepperoni Pasta Salad
- Pistachio Salad
Instant Pot Hot Dogs
- 8-24 hot dogs
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- Add Beef Broth to 6qt Instant Pot
- Place Hot Dogs standing up tall in pot. Up to 24 Dogs
- Add garlic
- Set Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker to Manual High Pressure for 1 minute
- Quick Release Pressure and Remove Hot Dogs
- Serve on Bun with Ketchup, Mustard, and Onions