Soft and delicious poundcake topped with juicy strawberries and whipping cream. Making Easy Strawberry Shortcake is a dream come true. This simple dessert uses only a few ingredients and is the perfect recipe for kids to help make. There is no baking needed. Are you ready for a delicious dessert?
I personally like to make my own sweetened Whipping Cream but you can use Cool-Whip if you wish making this recipe even easier. Let's take a quick trip to the grocery store to pick up a few ingredients.
Pound Cake can be found in the Freezer section but I prefer to find a loaf in the Bakery of your local grocery store. Often times called a Vanilla Sweet Bread. But feel free to choose a Lemon Bread or even a Poppyseed. The combination is not only fun it's delicious.
Choosing Strawberries making sure they aren't bruised or going bad is ideal. I like the bright red color berries. Then pick up a pint of Heavy Whipping Cream. You will also need a little bit of powdered sugar and vanilla.
Easy Strawberry Shortcake Ingredients
- Whipping Cream
- Pound Cake
- Powdered Sugar
Making Easy Strawberry Shortcake
Wash and slice Strawberries removing stems and place in a bowl. If you wish to make a Strawberry syrup add 3 Tbs White Sugar and stir into sliced fruit and allow the fruit to sit for an hour. The sugar will soften the fruit and create some yummy syrup.
In a chilled glass bowl whip Whipping Cream until light and fluffy and peaks form. Add 2-3 Tbs Powdered Sugar and ½ teaspoon Vanilla. Whip to combine.
Slice Pound Cake, I love to serve with 2 slices of cake and stack it up but one thick slice is also plenty. Place a slice of cake on a dessert plate and top with Sweetened Whipping Cream. Add Sliced Strawberries and syrup. Place another slice of cake on top and repeat finishing with Strawberries.
Are you drooling, even a little? You know you are ready to grab a fork and dive in.
Of course this recipe is super simple with no baking and easy to make. But let me tell you that my Lemon Pound Cake is heavenly and Ah-Ma-Zing when used to make Strawberry Shortcakes, so do yourself a favor and make it and try it. I want to hear in the comments below what you thought.
For a less sweet option try my Homemade Biscuit Recipe, traditionally Strawberry Shortcakes were served with a Biscuit. When using a Biscuit I also prefer to make syrup by adding sugar to the berries. The biscuit is not sweetened so a little bit of syrup goes a long ways.
Strawberry Fun Facts
Strawberries are believed to reduce the risk of heart disease as well as being low in calorie and high in vitamin C, B6, K, fiber, folic acid, potassium and amino acids.
During one of my pregnancies all I wanted was Strawberries! Oh how I love them.
Did you know?
- June 14th is National Strawberry Shortcake Day
- The most Popular Shortcake Dessert is with Strawberries
- Shortcake is typically a Biscuit or a Sponge Cake Variety but in early American Recipes called for Pie Crust baked in small circles and broken pieces were served
Strawberry Season can last from January to Mid August depending on location and weather temperature. Living in Eastern Idaho our Strawberries are mostly enjoyed by the birds and we rarely see them big enough to pick.
I'm grateful to the farmers who produce juicy and delicious strawberries for me to enjoy and make fantastic desserts.
Easy Dessert Recipes
- Better than Sex Cake
- Campfire Berry Waffle Cones
- Lemon Oatmeal Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- Strawberry Brownie Kabobs
Easy Strawberry Shortcake
- 1 Strawberry
- 1 Pound Cake
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 Tbs Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbs White Sugar Optional for syrup
- Wash and slice Strawberries removing stems and place in a bowl.
- Optional Strawberry Syrup: Add 3 Tbs White Sugar to washed and sliced strawberries. Stir to combine and allow to sit for up to an hour. Stir occasionally
- In a chilled glass bowl whip Whipping Cream until light and fluffy and peaks form.
- Add 2-3 Tbs Powdered Sugar and ½ teaspoon Vanilla. Whip to combine.
- Slice Pound Cake in 12 slices. Place a slice of cake on a dessert plate and top with Sweetened Whipping Cream. Add Sliced Strawberries and syrup.
- Place another slice of cake on top and repeat finishing with Strawberries.
- Serve Immediately
Submit a Comment