Have you heard of Bacon Pancakes? Seems pretty ovbious to me and yet, traditionally they are commonly eaten separately. Strange how traditions happen and we follow the norm. No more! Bacon Pancake Dippers, a fun and easy way to make breakfast all in one.
With bacon cooked right inside of your pancakes, they are easily dipped into your favorite syrups. Think of the possibilities, Maple, Honey, Buttermilk Syrup or even a fresh Blueberry Syrup would be fantastic!
My boys have loved, giggled, and smiled while they pick up a handheld pancake with a slice of cooked bacon all perfectly packaged together. I miss those little hands but it's so fun to see their grown hands still come running for this favorite breakfast recipe of their youth.
Who loves the smell of bacon? We sure do! Bacon mixed with a little maple syrup? Oh yeah! Delicious! But maybe you enjoy a little more flair when it comes to syrup, why not try Buttermilk Syrup, I can show you how to make a delicious syrup step by step.
Saturday morning breakfast are must-haves at my house and have been since my boys were very young. We love to fry potatoes, make pancakes and everyone loves some bacon. Somehow when my boys were young this Bacon and Pancakes recipe just happened and it stuck. I honestly can't wait to share it with Little Miss, the grandbaby when she gets a little bigger.
Such a fun and easy breakfast. So let me help you make this super simple breakfast with easy clean up. Are you ready?
How to Cook Bacon?
Bacon Pancake Dippers start with cooking bacon. I prefer to cook my bacon in the oven because, it's easy and it's easy to clean up. Plus the bacon tends to stay flat which I love. However you can also purchase precooked bacon at your local grocery store too.
When cooking bacon in the oven the grease is contained and the bacon doesn’t shrivel up. So for this recipe I prefer to cook my bacon in the oven.
We all have our favorite go to pancake mix which is great. But I might also suggest you try our favorite Fluffy Pancake recipe. It's pretty simple to make and the kids go wild over it.
Making Bacon Pancakes
Step 1: Once your bacon is cooked up and pancake mix ready to go, you will want to heat up your skillet. Set your temperature to a medium/high temperature and give it a couple of minutes. Don't forget to spray with cooking spray before you add your pancake mix or everything will stick. eek!
Step 2: When it’s sizzling hot, spray your pan with cooking spray and place 4 – ½ size pieces of bacon on the skillet and top with pancake mix. Allow it to cook until bubbles form on the pancakes and the bottoms are golden brown and then flip them over!
Step 3: Another minute or two on the other side should do it, remove pancake covered bacon to a serving plate and continue making more.
The Bacon Pancake Dippers are perfect for dipping into hot maple syrup and the combination of bacon and maple is wonderful.
Try this recipe out and let us know how you love it! We know you can taste it as you are reading this. 😉
What's in Bacon Pancake Dipper?
- Bacon ~ Choose thick-sliced bacon in your favorite brand
- Pancake Mix ~ I prefer to make my own pancake mix but in a pinch, I also use Krusteaz Buttermilk mix
- Syrup ~ Get creative why not have many dipping syrups. Maple, Blueberry, Buttermilk, Honey.
- Butter ~ A personal favorite to add some butter spread on each pancake before dipping. It's optional of course.
How to make Bacon Pancake Dipper?
- Begin by cooking the bacon. I prefer to oven bake my Bacon because it makes less of a mess and my bacon doesn't shrivel all up into tiny curled up pieces of bacon.
- Mix up pancake mix according to package direction
- On a hot skillet place 4 pieces of cooked bacon and top with pancake mix. Allow to cook until bubbles form and then flip the pancake. Cook the other side and remove from heat. Repeat until all the bacon is gone.
- Drizzle with melted butter and hot maple syrup
More Amazing Breakfast Recipes!
- Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche
- Fruit Stuffed French Toast
- Christmas Eggnog French Toast
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Broccoli Bacon Cheddar Quiche
- Denver Quiche
- Traditional Quiche Lorraine
- Family Favorite Sausage and Gravy
- Strawberry French Toast
Bacon Pancake Dipper
- 1 pound bacon
- 3 Cup Pancake Mix
- Maple Syrup
- Begin by cooking your bacon. I prefer to oven bake my Bacon because it makes less of a mess and my bacon doesn't shrivel all up into tiny curled up pieces of bacon.
- Mix up Pancake mix according to package direction
- On a hot skillet place 4 pieces of cooked bacon and top with pancake mix. Allow to cook until bubbles form and them flip pancake. Cook other side and remove from heat. Repeat until all the bacon is gone.
- Drizzle with melted butter and hot maple syrup.
- Apple Cider Syrup
This recipe was first published in 2015 with an update in 2017. I've now updated this recipe again in 2021. Let me know in the comments below how much you have loved this recipe!