Mmmm tart and sweet Key Lime Pound Cake with a tart and tasty lime pound cake icing is a perfect refreshing treat.
This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for using my links! See my Disclosure Policy here.This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone. Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2022 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks! Flowers are starting to bloom, the weather is getting warmer, and we're celebrating with spring sweets and a fun giveaway! This year 22 food bloggers from around the country are sharing over 75 sweet recipes that are perfect for spring. So say bye bye to the snow and cold weather and get ready to enjoy amazing spring treats like cupcakes, cookies, pies, dessert boards, and even a few beverages! Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you to Dixie Crystals, Melissa's Produce, Anolon, Sweets & Treats, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn's for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway with six amazing prizes and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes that you can win!
This traditional pound cake is a spin off from my fan favorite Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe and I love how it turned out.
It's smooth and velvety, just how from scratch pound cakes should be. I do love to serve this recipe room temperature but I find it's even better when chilled in the refrigerator. Yum, it's fantastic.
Bake in loaf pans or a bundt pan you can't go wrong. This is truly a perfect pound cake recipe. Add a Key Lime Glaze with fresh lime zest. Your sweet tooth will thank you!
Making a glaze for pound cake is really quick and easy, I'll show you all those tips below in the directions.
Ingredient Shopping List
- Sugar - Dixie Crystal
- Cream Cheese
- Vanilla Extract
- Lime Juice - Melissa's Produce
- Lime Zest - Melissa's Produce
- All Purpose Flour
- Powdered Sugar - Dixie Crystal
- Key Lime Flavor
- Stand Mixer OR Hand Mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- Loaf Pans or Bundt Pan
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Silicone Spatula
How to make Key Lime Pound Cake
Gather all the necessary ingredients and supplies needed. Allow Butter to soften by allowing the butter to sit on the counter for an hour and using room temperature eggs also is a good idea as well.
I recommend weighing the sugar and flour with a kitchen scale if at all possible. This ensures that the correct amount is added. Adding too much can result in a dry pound cake and adding too little will cause additional time in baking and different texture.
Preheat oven and let's start to make this wonderful delicious recipe, I think it's the best pound cake for so many reasons.
Cream Butter and Cream Cheese together until smooth. Then slowly adding sugar and alternate with eggs. Allow mixture to combine before adding more.
Add vanilla, lime juice, zest and salt before carefully adding flour a little at a time at medium speed. You will want to use a silicone spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl down ensuring everything is mixed together.
This recipe will make 2 loaf pans or 1 Bundt pan and cook for the same length of time. Make sure to grease and flour pans to ensure the cake comes out easily. You can also place a piece of parchment paper in loaf pans as well.
Divide cake batter evenly into 2 loaf pans or in 1 Bundt Pan and bake
Bake for an hour and 15 minutes and use a toothpick inserted into the center to test for doneness. Toothpick should come out clean or with dry crumbs.
Allow to cool for a couple minutes before removing from pan to a cooling rack to cooled completely.
How to make Pound Cake Glaze
Making a glaze is quick and simple. A simple glaze of powdered sugar, butter and lime juice is perfect. You could also add more lime zest. It's beautiful!
Drizzle glaze on cake and enjoy!
It's fun to add some fresh berries when serving, it's truly a delight to the tastebuds with the tangy, sweet, and velvety smooth pound cake.
More Moist Pound Cake Recipes
Key Lime Desserts
Key Limes are fantastic and making anything with the tart juices are fantastic from lime cake recipes to pound cake with a glaze. And even a no bake Key Lime Pie too. Key Lime Juice has a wonderful flavor for any recipe. Here are a few more of our favorites!
Frequently Asked Questions
Let me help you answer those common questions that I get from others! This may help you should you have any problems while making this recipe!
Pound Cake will last 3 to 4 days while stored on the counter. Make sure to properly seal and cover so bread doesn’t dry out.
Freezing Pound Cakes are a great way to preserve them and save for later. Enjoy one loaf now and freeze the other. Freeze for up to 3 months. Wrap cooled cake in plastic wrap and then foil before freezing.
Pound cake will be dry if too much flour is used. Measure ingredients properly or weight for best results. A kitchen scale is ideal, however adding air into flour before measuring by stirring or using a whisk also helps to get a more accurate measurement.
Pro Tips for making Pound Cake
- Grease loaf pans with both butter or Crisco AND flour will help to release the pound cake from the pan. I also recommend this when using a bundt pan too.
- Oven Temperatures can vary. If needed cover top of pans with aluminum foil (shinny side down) to help keep the top from browning too much.
- Use a toothpick or long skewer when testing cake. If toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done!
- Use a knife to loosen edges of pound bread in loaf pan if needed.
Friday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Almond Scones from Palatable Pastime
- Blood Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Cookies from Eat Move Make
- Carrot Cake Poke Cake from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cinnamon Butterscotch Pear Chips from Blogghetti
- Coconut Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Mango Coulis from The Spiffy Cookie
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes from Kathryn's Kitchen Blog
- Easter Egg Macarons from Jen Around the World
- Easy Berry Semi Naked Cake from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Ginger Pear Turnovers from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Key Lime Icebox Cake from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Key Lime Pound Cake from Devour Dinner
- Key Lime Whoopie Pies from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Lemon Lavender Fudge from That Recipe
- Mango Pear Crisp from Sweet Beginnings
- Meyer Lemon and Ginger Cookie Truffles from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Meyer Lemon Posset from Shockingly Delicious
- Ombre Cakes from Art of Natural Living
- Stem Ginger Mango Cheesecake Parfait from Magical Ingredients
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
Key Lime Pound Cake
- 1 ¼ Cup Butter Softened Butter
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 3 Cup Sugar Granulated White Sugar
- 6 Eggs Room Temperature
- 3 Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoon Lime Zest
- 2 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 4-6 Tablespoons Lime Juice Enough to reach desired consistency
- Allow Butter, Cream Cheese and Eggs to sit out for an hour to reach room temperature for best results.
- Preheat Oven to 325F Degrees
- Grease and Flour 2 Loaf Pans or 1 Bundt Pan and set aside
- In a large bowl or Stand Mixing Bowl add Butter and Cream Cheese into a bowl and beat together until light and fluffy. About 2 minutes.
- Slowly add sugar and alternate with eggs making sure to allow eggs to fully mix into batter before adding more sugar and eggs.
- Add Vanilla Extract, Lime Juice, Lime Zest and Salt and mix to combine
- Little by little add flour to mixture.
- Divide batter evenly between 2 loaf pans evenly or place batter into 1 Bundt Pan.
- Bake at 325F degrees for 75-80 Minutes. As every oven cooks a little different make sure to check at 70 minute mark.
- Allow Pound Cake to cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack
- Mix butter and powered sugar in a mixing bowl. Add Lime Juice. This will be thin. If you prefer a thicker glaze, add more powdered sugar. Drizzle over top of warm cake and allow to run down sides.
What is the Secret to a Good Pound Cake?In a nutshell and in no particular order
- Room Temperature Ingredients
- Grease and Flour Pans. Using softened butter or Crisco and dusting in flour is ideal
- Do not overbake the cake. Bake at 325F Degrees for 75-80 Minutes.
- Cool Cake in pan for 5 minutes before turning cake out
|All Purpose Flour||1 Cup||120g||4.5 oz|
|Granulated White Sugar||1 Cup||198g||7 oz|
|Brown Sugar||1 Cup Packed||213g||7.5 oz|
|Powdered Sugar||1 Cup||113g||4 oz|
|Baking Powder||1 teaspoon||6g||.25 oz|
|Baking Soda||1 teaspoon||6g||.25 oz|
|Salt||1 teaspoon||6g||.25 oz|
|Butter||1 Cup (2 Sticks)||227g||8 oz|
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Anolon, Sweets & Treats, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.
Prize #1: A $100 gift card to Melissa’s Produce and a 3 month produce subscription.
One winner will receive a $100 gift card to buy the freshest produce around! Melissa’s has everything from common apples and oranges to exotic passion fruit and rambutans. The winner will also receive a stunning selection of the most delicious produce around once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s Produce, the produce is selected at their peak perfection and packed by hand to ensure a safe arrival. A $224 value.
Prize #2: A candy making kit from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the candy making novice or even the most advanced candy maker! Dixie Crystals is providing one winner with everything they need to make candy. The winner will receive a waterproof candy thermometer, silicone candy molds, and stainless steel double boiler. A $50 value.
Prize #3: A 5 piece Bakeware set from Anolon
Create dozens of bakeshop treats from gooey bar cookies to peanut butter and chocolate brownies to banana nut bread and more with all of the essentials in an expertly curated nonstick bakeware set. This bakeware is designed to stand up to the rigors of everyday baking with the convenience craved by creative bakers. This 5 piece baking set includes Two 9-Inch Round Cake Pans, a 9-Inch Square Cake Pan, a 14-Inch x 16-Inch Cookie Sheet, and a 11-Inch x 14-Inch Cooling Rack. A $65 value.
Prize #4: An assorted box of baking supplies from Sweets & Treats
Sweets & Treats will provide one winner with an assorted box of baking supplies including liners, sprinkles, toppers, and other fun baking supplies. Sweets & Treats has the best selection of cupcake liners, cupcake topper, paper straws, and molds.
Prize #5: A Selection of three extract pastes from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla.
Prize #6: A selection of three flavors of Gluten Free Grahams from Nairn’s.
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn's Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams. Nairn's has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products.