Cornbread Recipes are a family favorite, how to take a package mix and take it to the next level.
Moist cornbread recipe is delicious plain and incredible dipped into stew or soup.
With whole kernel corn, and sweet honey you will devour every bite.
Easy Cornbread Recipe
6 Servings | Ready in 25 Mins | Good for Side Dish | 6QT Instant Pot
I love cornbread. I love it hot, and covered in warm butter.
I love to dip cornbread into soups and stews on a cold day. I just love cornbread. But I love cornbread even more when it had whole kernel corn in the bread. I love the texture, the added taste, I love it all!
You can argue that this is a pretty easy recipe, and it is! It can also be made in the oven too.
I do enjoy how moist and dense this recipe turns when baking in the Instant Pot. I use a 2 tier stackable pan that I do NOT cover. There is no need.
In fact, covering this recipe will lengthen the cook time. So do yourself a favor and let it breathe.
How to take a boxed cornbread mix to the next level
You can always make cornbread from scratch and it’s wonderful. But why not take a boxed mix and elevate it to something so much better.
With a few adjustments, you will have a super moist cornbread mix with great texture and flavor. Delish!
In this recipe you will use a 15 oz boxed Cornbread mix and add an egg, milk, oil, whole kernel corn and and baking soda. See full directions below.
The whole kernel corn just add to the wonderful cornbread and the extra baking soda just gives it a boost to keep it a little lighter.
Pin this Recipe for Later!
Cornbread is best served hot, with butter and honey. Mix 1/2 cup butter with 1/4 cup honey and whip. Serve with hot Cornbread and you will love it.
More GREAT Recipes to Try! Make sure to PIN Them for Later too!
- White Chicken Chili
- Chicken Chili Verde
- Taco Soup
- Chicken Corn Chowder
- Tomato Basil Soup (Copycat fm Cafe Zupas)
- Beef Stew
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
Bread Recipes for Dipping!
Best Cornbread Recipe
- 1 box Krusteaz Cornbread Mix 15 oz box
- 1 Egg
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Cup Whole Kernel Corn
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- In a mixing bowl pour Cornbread mix, egg, milk, baking powder and oil and stir.
- Stir iin Corn.
- Spray Pot in Pot with cooking spray and pour mixture into pan
- Add 1 – 1 1/2 cup water into the bottom of your pressure cooker
- Place pan on trivet. Do not cover pan for cooking
- Set to Manual for 30 minutes and Quick Release
- Remove from Pressure Cooker and run a knife around the edges to loosen.
- Flip cornbread out onto plate. Serve warm with butter.