Do you love to make themed food recipes for the holidays like Cinnamon Roll Intestines? I’m telling you the kids of all ages love themed food. Halloween brings out all the creepy crawly foods that really make the holiday fun. Cinnamon Roll Intestines are always at the top of my list to make early October to start getting into the mood.
Each year my boys will chime in with “Eww Mom! That’s gross” and quickly cut a piece and devour. They seem to have a love / hate relationship with creepy and gross but it always ends with smiles, jokes and memories! Isn’t that just the best?
Making themed food can be difficult, but this recipe isn’t one of them. Trust me! It takes 2 cans of Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls, some red food coloring, and Red Gel Frosting. That’s it! Pretty simple, right?
Naturally it tastes exactly as you would expect from a Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll it just make look a little different than you would expect. Another fun recipe that uses Red Gel Frosting are these fun and easy Vampire Donuts. Even Big Kids love to take a bite.
For this recipe I love to use my smaller half cookie sheet. It’s the perfect size to unravel the cinnamon rolls and leave enough space for baking. Make sure to see the photos on how to wind and twist the intestines aka Cinnamon Rolls
Ingredients Needed for Cinnamon Roll Intestines
- 2 Cans Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 Tube Red Gel Glitter Frosting
- Red Food Coloring (optional)
How to make Cinnamon Roll Intestines
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Naturally, you pop open the Grands Cinnamon Rolls and separate each cinnamon roll. Spray bottom and sides of cookie sheet. I prefer to use 1/2 size cookie sheet. Then unroll each cinnamon roll and begin winding like a snake.
Repeat with each cinnamon roll making sure to leave space between. This allows for the dough to puff up while baking. After you have placed all Cinnamon Rolls, adjust space as needed to ensure proper baking. Then bake at 350 degrees for 10-14 minutes. They cook very quickly when they are all unraveled so stay close.
I like to add a few drops of Red Food Coloring or about a Tablespoon of the Glitter Red Gel Frosting to the tub of white frosting included with the cinnamon rolls. Stir to make a red frosting glaze.
When baking is complete allow to sit and cool for 5-8 minutes and then pour frosting on top and spread with a spatula. Allow cinnamon rolls to full cool. I then like to pipe a line of Red Gel Frosting on top to outline each intestine / aka cinnamon roll. It really adds to the creepiness of the recipe.
Cut and serve Cinnamon Roll Intestines and enjoy the laughs, giggles and creepy “eww’s” you get. But trust me, you will make memories to last a lifetime!
This recipe will feed 6-8 people, so it’s a fun snack after school or even creepy dessert after dinner. And don’t forget to let the kids help because it’s always fun to see what they come up with when in the kitchen.
Can I use Canned Cinnamon Rolls that aren’t Grands?
Yes of course. Grands Cinnamon Rolls are thicker which make a great intestine looking recipe.
Can I make a head and Freeze?
I suppose you could, however this recipe is truly simple, and really there is no need to make ahead and freeze for later.
Cinnamon Roll Intestines are Creepy, can you make them less creepy?
They are only as creepy as you make them. Using white frosting keeps them a little less bloody and might be more appealing for those younger children.
Where did you find those Plastic Cock Roaches and Centipedes?
Believe it or not those were purchased in Halloween Section at Wal-Mart for less than $2. A Perfect addition, just do not eat them. They are plastic.
Making Themed food is just fun! If you’ve always wanted to make recipes to get into the spirit of the holiday start with this easy cinnamon roll recipe. Your little monsters will LOVE it. Then let them help make some of these other recipes too.
Fun Fall Recipes
- Mummy Cookies
- Candy Bar Cookies
- Halloween Donuts
- How to make Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Halloween Chex Mix
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Apple Pie Chex Mix
- Pumpkin Spice French Toast
- Slice & Bake Pumpkin Cookies from The Flour Handprint
- Halloween Lollipop Cookies from Lemon Blossoms
- Blood Splatter Cupcakes from Big Bear’s Wife
- Jack-o-lantern Cake Pops from Tastes of Homemade
- Graveyard Dirt Cake from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Mummy Cake Pops from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Air Fryer Mummy Apple Mini Tarts from Fresh Coast Eats
- Cinnamon Roll Intestines from Devour Dinner
- Frankenberry Jell-O Shots from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Halloween Chex Mix from West Via Midwest
- Bloody Zombie Brains (Candied Walnuts) from The Spiffy Cookie
- White Chocolate Mummy Crispy Rice Treats from Savory Moments
- Halloween Spider Web Dip from I Am A Honeybee
Cinnamon Roll Intestines
- 2 Pillsbury Grand Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 Tube Red Gel Glitter Frosting
- Red Food Coloring optional
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Pop open the Grands Cinnamon Rolls and separate each cinnamon roll
- Spray bottom and sides of cookie sheet. I prefer to use 1/2 size cookie sheet
- Unroll each cinnamon roll and begin winding like a snake in baking sheet
- Repeat with each cinnamon roll making sure to leave space between. This allows for the dough to puff up while baking.
- Adjust space in between folds of cinnamon roll as needed to ensure proper baking
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-14 minutes. They cook very quickly when they are all unraveled so stay close
- Add a few drops of Red Food Coloring or about a Tablespoon of the Glitter Red Gel Frosting to each tub of white frosting included with the cinnamon rolls. Stir to make a red frosting glaze
- When baking is complete allow to sit and cool for 5-8 minutes
- Pour frosting on top and spread with a spatula.
- Allow cinnamon rolls to full cool
- Pipe a line of Red Gel Frosting on top to outline each intestine / aka cinnamon roll. It really adds to the creepiness of the recipe.
- Cut and serve Cinnamon Roll Intestines and enjoy the laughs, giggles and creepy “eww’s”
Happy Halloween!Spooky Season is here and it is time for 2020’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”For the 3rd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsor and bloggers this year!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set
Prize #2 from Angie at BigBearsWife
Ninja OP301 Foodi 9-in-1 Pressure, Slow Cooker, Air Fryer and More, with 6.5 Quart Capacity and 45 Recipe Book, and a High Gloss Finish
Prize #3 from Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar
Origami Owl Locket and Halloween Charms
Prize #4 from Kathy at Lemon Blossoms
6 Quart Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
Prize #5 from Terri at Our Good Life
Young Living’s Thieves Mints ($50 Value)
Pop a Thieves Mint into your mouth for cinnamint-fresh breath after meals. Made with naturally derived ingredients and free of artificial sweeteners, dyes, and preservatives, Thieves Mints are a choice you can feel good about. Created with Young Living’s Thieves essential oil blend, these mints deliver minty coolness with a hint of warm, sugar-free sweetness. Thieves Mints come in a conveniently sized container that is great to take on the go!!
Prize #6 from Julie at Back To My Southern Roots
1 Copy of – The Peanuts Family Cookbook: Delicious Dishes for Kids to Make with Their Favorite Grown-Ups
Prize #8 from Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS
1 Copy of her new cookbook “Holy Sweet! 60 Indulgent Recipes for Bigger, Better Desserts”
Prize #9 from Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
1 Copy of her cookbook, “Incredible One-Pot Cooking: Easy, Delicious Recipes for Exciting Meals Without the Mess”
Prize #10 from Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog
1 Copy of “Friends: The Official Cookbook”
ONE (1) $75 Amazon gift card
Prize #12 from Shanaka from It’s Shanaka
ONE (1) $25 Amazon gift card
Prize #13 from Ashley from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Prize #14 from Amy from House of Nash Eats
ONE (1) $100 Amazon gift card
a Rafflecopter giveaway Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 5th – October 10th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 14 prizes and therefore we will have a total of 14 winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes. We would also love to give a huge thanks to our Halloween Treats Week bloggers because a lot of them also donated prizes for the giveaways, including: Angie of BigBearsWife , Nicole of Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar, Kathy of Lemon Blossoms, Terri of Our Good Life, Julie of Back To My Southern Roots, Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS, Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen, Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog, Michaela of An Affair from the Heart, Jennifer of Take Two Tapas , Michele of West Via Midwest, Shanaka of It’s Shanaka, Ashley of Cheese Curd In Paradise, and Amy from House of Nash Eats!