Sweet and Tart Air Fryer Apple Crisp is a Fall dessert you will love making, in the Air Fryer of course! Baked apples with cinnamon and brown sugar topped with vanilla ice cream have always been a favorite recipe.
Making Apple Crumble in the Air Fryer is a new found recipe that we are loving making. It's a perfect size small batch to enjoy.
This classic dessert is made with Granny Smith Apples but you can also use Honeycrisp Apples, Pink Lady Apples, or even Golden Delicious Apples. Try a variety of type of apples for a fun and tasty blended flavor.
Of course if you have fresh apples it's always fun to go apple picking and choose your own.
Ingredients in Air Fryer Apple Crisp
Wet Ingredients. Butter
Dry Ingredients. Sugar, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger, All Purpose Flour, Old Fashioned Oats
Apples. Granny Smith Apples, Honeycrisp, and/or Golden Delicious
Optional. Caramel Sauce, Vanilla Ice Cream
*for ingredient measurements make sure to check the recipe card below.
How to make Apple Crisp in the Air Fryer
Prepare apples by peeling, coring and dicing into small bite size pieces. I like to peel some skins and leave other skins on the piece of apples for texture. Choose what you prefer!
Granny Smith apples are perfect for a sweet and tart flavor and make a delicious crisp recipe. Honeycrisp apples also give great flavor. Choose tart and sweet apples for the best easy dessert ever.
Adding a touch of lemon juice helps apples from turning brown. However if you work quick enough I find it's not necessary.
Dice apples and add cinnamon and white sugar and toss apples. The sugar coating prevents apples from turning brown.
Place apples into a baking dish that will fit inside of your Air Fryer. I am using a low rimmed baking dish with about a 6 inch diameter and piling the apples inside. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes in the air fryer basket in a preheated air fryer set to 350 degrees.
Carefully remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
While apples are baking make crumble streusel topping by combining brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cinnamon, all purpose flour, and old fashioned oats in a mixing bowl. Stir ingredients together before adding butter.
Using a fork, blend cold butter into dry ingredients creating a crumble making sure to combine all lose ingredients together from the bottom of the bowl. The brown sugar flavors really add to this fall season recipe
Add crumble to top of the apples and air fryer for 5-8 minutes or until crumb topping is lightly golden for a crunchy topping.
Carefully remove Apple Crisp from Air Fryer and serve with Vanilla Ice Cream and even a drizzle of caramel. Wow, it's delicious.
Fruit Crisp can be served hot or at room temperature and will serve 2-4 people
Storage and Freezing
Store cooled fruit crisp in an airtight container or wrap in plastic wrap or foil and keep in refrigerator. Leftovers can be reheated in microwave.
Optional Serving Ideas
Vanilla Ice Cream. Adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream to hot apple crisp is heavenly.
Caramel. Add a drizzle of caramel or sea salt caramel on top. It will wow your tastebuds.
Whipped Cream. Adding homemade Whipping Cream or Cool-Whip topping is also a welcome addition.
Baking Apples. If you enjoy a little more crisp in your baked apples, reduce apple cooking time by up to 5 minutes. For more tender apples follow baking time as printed.
Diced vs Slices. I prefer diced apples in this recipe over apple slices. I find a smaller bite size piece of apple bakes more evenly in the air fryer and easier to dish up and enjoy.
Oats. Old Fashioned Oats are larger and give a more chewy texture over Quick Oats. But Quick Oats do make a great substitution.
Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
I have had so much fun making desserts in the Air fryer. Another Fall favorite recipe is Air Fryer Apple Turnovers. And I love making Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies before bed too. Both are delicious recipes that I highly recommend.
Baking in the Air Fryer has been wonderful during the warm summer months, it's also a lifesaver when it comes this smaller batch recipe.
Apple Crisp vs Apple Cobbler
Both recipes are fantastic but what is the difference between them? I'm glad you asked. And Apple Cobbler has baked apples in a pie filling like sauce toped with cake, a light and fluffy sweet dessert. It's wonderful and delicious and always a fan favorite.
Apple Crisp also has baked apples in a light sugar mixture to sweeten the apples. The key main difference is in the topping. Apple Crisp has a single layer of a crisp topping made from brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, oats and butter.
Apple Crisp and Apple Cobbler are popular recipes for best results choose your favorite recipe and enjoy an easy dessert.
Individual Serving Portions
Make individual serving portions using a 4-6 ounce Ramikin and bake as directed. They are so cute and adorable. Everyone loves an individual dessert.
Adding a small scoop of Ice Cream to the top is perfect for these small individual desserts. Each small bowl filled with apple filling will bake up golden brown with a sweet crumb topping.
Have you tried this recipe? Leave a comment below and let me know. I'd love to hear how you loved it. Leave a Star Rating and let others know it was a great recipe. Take a photo and tag @devourdinner so I can see it too.
Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Carrots in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Caramelized Butternut Squash in the Air Fryer
Welcome to the fourth annual #FallFlavors! We have 21 bloggers sharing over SIXTY recipes using fall ingredients like squash, apples, maple, pecans, and many more. Follow #FallFlavors to see all the delicious recipes on social media.
Monday #FallFlavor Recipes
- Apple Cider Mule from Art of Natural Living
- Caramel Apple Sangria from Our Crafty Cocktails
- Jack Rose Cocktail from Books n' Cooks
Salads, Soups, and Sides
- Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Chipotle Butternut Squash Mash from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Cider Baked Squash from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole from Blogghetti
- Black Pepper Pork Tenderloin with Fig Preserves from The Spiffy Cookie
- Easy French Onion Chicken Recipe from Family Around The Table
- Maple Bacon Smoked Sausage from Palatable Pastime
- Air Fryer Apple Crisp from Devour Dinner
- Air Fryer Apple Pie Egg Rolls from An Affair from the Heart
- Caramel Apple Rice Krispies Treats from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Maple Syrup Pancake Cookies from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies from Best Cookie Recipes
- Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe from Our Crafty Mom
- Pumpkin Rabdi from Magical Ingredients
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies from Jen Around the World
Air Fryer Apple crisp
- 3-4 Apples - Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Golden Delicious
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¾ Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 3 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ¼ Cup Butter - Cold
- pinch Salt
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Prepare apples by peeling, coring and dicing into small bite size pieces.
- Dice apples and add cinnamon and white sugar and toss apples. The sugar coating prevents apples from turning brown.
- Preheat Air Fryer at 350 Degrees for 5 mins
- Place apples in Air Fryer safe baking dish and cover in foil. Bake for 15 mins
- Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes
- In a mixing bowl combine crumb topping dry ingredients of flour, oats, brown sugar and spices. Mix to combine
- Add cold butter and using a fork press butter into mixture until combined and resembles a coarse crumb topping
- Add crumb topping mixture over baked apples and air fryer for 5-8 minutes more or until topping is golden brown in color.
- Carefully remove from Air Fryer. Top with optional Vanilla Ice Cream and/or Caramel Sauce
Pro TipsBaking Apples. If you enjoy a little more crisp in your baked apples, reduce apple cooking time by up to 5 minutes. For more tender apples follow baking time as printed. Diced vs Slices. I prefer diced apples in this recipe over apple slices. I find a smaller bite size piece of apple bakes more evenly in the air fryer and easier to dish up and enjoy. Oats. Old Fashioned Oats are larger and give a more chewy texture over Quick Oats. But Quick Oats do make a great substitution.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.