Wait! Don’t give up on the most hated vegetable before you try this recipe for Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts. They are savory with a hint of sweet and perfectly cooked in your air fryer. When cooked properly, they are delicious and a wonderful side dish.
This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for using my links! See my Disclosure Policy here.Farmer’s Market Week is always the first week in August. Whether you have a great local farm stand or market, are a member of a CSA or purchase your fruits and vegetables at the supermarket, follow our Pinterest board, for great recipes including those for appetizers, drinks, breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and more.
Have you seen how Brussel Sprouts grow? They grow on a thick stalk with tiny buds all around. It’s whimsical and fun. Brussel Sprouts are from the cabbage family of vegetables. They look like tiny cabbages that have been picked too soon honestly. The smaller the better in my eyes, they are so tender and delicious when cooked properly too.
I’m here to help! And I’ll keep this so easy. I was a hater once too and it was likely due to how they were prepared for me. But a number of years ago I had an excellent meal at ChoLon in Denver, Colorado. It’s an Asian Fusion Restaurant and it is mouthwatering delicious. Long story short, I flipped out over the Brussel Sprouts. I must have made an impression because the chef was invited out for me to meet. The next thing I knew, the chef made me another bowl of Brussel Sprouts. Fun memory. What I learned was it makes a BIG difference on how things are prepared.
This recipe is not the ChoLon recipe, but it’s still really delicious. Let’s get started by gathering all the ingredients you need.
Air Fried Brussel Sprouts Shopping List
- Brussel Sprouts – Choose bright green sprouts with firm leaves
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Kosher Salt
- Olive Oil
How to Choose Brussel Sprouts
The BEST Brussel Sprouts will be bright green with tight firm leaves. They will feel heavy and dense. Leaves that are yellow, or falling off are signs of older vegetables so try to avoid them. The small Brussel Sprouts are typically more sweet and definitely more tender to eat.
How to make Air Fried Brussel Sprouts
Start by removing the ends and lose leaves. I then like to rinse them under cool water to remove any dirt or chemicals left on them. Slice each Brussel Sprout in half lengthwise and place in a bowl
Step 1: Drizzle Olive Oil, Kosher Salt and fresh Ground Pepper and toss together. Place in Air Fryer at 350F Degrees for 8 minutes.
Step 2: Toss and stir sprouts and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
Step 3: In a separate bowl combine olive oil, honey, and balsamic vinegar. Stir to combine.
Step 4: Remove Brussel Sprouts from air fryer and drizzle with Honey and Balsamic Vinegar mixture. Add chopped pecans and toss together.
Step 5: Add back into Air Fryer basket and cook for 2 minutes more allowing the glaze to caramelize.
Serve and enjoy
This recipe is fantastic. I’ve made and served to guests and they always ask for the recipe. Which makes me so happy. They are a little bit sweet from the honey and a little bit tangy from the Balsamic Vinegar and the pecans only add to the natural flavor and texture from the roasted Brussel Sprouts.
Air Fryer VS Oven
Air Fryers are all the rage. Wonderful appliances to cook items without heating up the kitchen. The time to roast Brussel Sprouts in the Oven is about the same, so it comes down to preference. I honestly like them prepared both ways with this recipe. I typically find it helpful to use my Air Fryer when I’m preparing a meal as I may need the oven for other things.
How to keep Brussel Sprouts fresh longer?
With any vegetable, remove any damaged or loose outer leaves and discard them. Place them in a Ziploc bag and store in the refrigerator.
Can I prepare Brussel Sprouts a day before?
Root Vegetables like potatoes, carrots, and Brussel Sprouts can be washed and peeled and cut in advance.
How to Reheat Brussel Sprouts
Reheat in the Air Fryer at 350F Degrees for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
Making Vegetables for a side dish is really simple, I’ve got all my Vegetable Side Dishes here for you. Some of my favorite are Bacon Herbed Green Beans and Potatoes, Oven Roasted Broccoli, and Teriyaki Vegetables.
Here’s more Farmer’s Market Week Recipes
Starters and Sauce Recipes
- Air Fried Zucchini Fries by West Via Midwest
- Bacon Wrapped Pickles by Take Two Tapas
- Chilled Cucumber Melon Soup by Cookaholic Wife
- Easy Refrigerator Dill Pickles by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Raspberry Lemonade Limoncello Cocktail by Books n’ Cooks
- Strawberry Pesto Brie Bites by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Watermelon Rind Pickles by Palatable Pastime
- Zucchini Nachos by Magical Ingredients
Side Dishes Recipes
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts by Devour Dinner
- Diner-Style Breakfast Potatoes and Onions by Family Around the Table
- Honeyed Carrots with Citrus Basil Gremolata by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Southwestern Potato Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Twice Baked Potatoes by Hostess At Heart
- Zucchini Corn Fritter by The Fresh Cooky
Main Dish Recipes
- Eggplant and Chickpea Fritters w/ Herb Yogurt Sauce by Savory Moments
- Philly Style Pepper Steak by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Asparagus by Blogghetti
- Steak and Bell Pepper Salad by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Squash Quick Bread by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Corn Ice Cream by House of Nash Eats
- Homemade Peach Ice cream by SueBee Homemaker
- Peach Pie with Bourbon Caramel Sauce by Lemon Blossoms
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussel Sprouts
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil *Divided
- 3/4 Teaspoon Koser Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Fresh Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Honey
- 1/2 Cup Pecans Chopped
- Start by removing the ends and lose leaves. I then like to rinse them under cool water to remove any dirt or chemicals left on them. Slice each Brussel Sprout in half lengthwise and place in a bowl
- Drizzle 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, Kosher Salt and fresh Ground Pepper and toss together. Place in Air Fryer at 350F Degrees for 8 minutes.
- Open Air Fryer. Toss and stir sprouts and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil, Honey, and Balsamic Vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Remove Brussel Sprouts from air fryer and drizzle with Honey and Balsamic Vinegar mixture. Add chopped pecans and toss together.
- Add back into Air Fryer basket and cook for 2 minutes more allowing the glaze to caramelize.