Oven roasted broccoli is a delicious way to enjoy a good for you vegetable in a no hassle kind of way! Making this dish is so fast and easy, it’s a great go-to way to put a little green on your dinner plates.
Roasted broccoli with garlic or even roasted broccoli with lemon is a great way to add in flavors to those little green trees in a healthy way.
With many people not enjoying the taste of broccoli as-is, this is a great way to make it more enjoyable to those picky eaters.
This is the best roasted broccoli recipe because it’s so simple and can be ready and in the oven in under 5 minutes.
It can be hard to think of adding a vegetable to the dinner plate when your mind is focused on other things, but this oven roasted broccoli recipe really comes through in a pinch.
Another great thing is that this oven roasted broccoli goes great with many different dinner dishes from seafood to pasta or even steaks. Pair it with some garlic roasted potatoes and a nice chicken breast for an easy dinner.
What’s in Oven Roasted Broccoli?
- 1lb Fresh Broccoli
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic
- ½ tsp Season Salt Optional
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
How To Roast Broccoli In The Oven?
- Preheat your Oven to 450 degrees and then Wash and dry your Broccoli crowns
- Roasting works best with broccoli when it is dry.
- Wet broccoli will steam and not roast.
- Cut your broccoli into small bite sized florets.
- Toss the broccoli florets with Olive Oil and then season with salt.
- Place them flat on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Do not crowd the broccoli.
- A single layer works best on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until your broccoli reaches your desired level of doneness.
- Serve Hot.
Looking for Redmond Salt? I love how Redmond Season Salt enhances the flavors of veggies and so many other recipes. Use code DEVOURDINNER at check out. Buy Redmond Salts Here
Is Roasted Broccoli Healthy?
Yes! Broccoli is such a great vegetable for nutrients and vitamins and while roasting them may destroy a few nutrients, all cooking methods destroy a little bit as a trade-off. Having the broccoli cooked makes it easier for the body to absorb some of the nutrients it may not have gotten while eating it raw.
How Can You Make Broccoli Taste Better?
If you find yourself not enjoying broccoli as is, try it in different recipes, or change up the seasoning. Lemon juice, parmesan cheese, or garlic are all great and flavorful combinations that could help to make the broccoli more palatable.
How Long To Roast Broccoli?
How long you choose to roast your broccoli is up to you. Some people like it more golden and still crunchy and others prefer it darker and softer to chew. The recipe states to bake for 12 to 15 minutes, but if you want to continue cooking it, check on it every few minutes to make sure you don’t overcook it.
Can You Roast Frozen Broccoli?
Yes, you can roast frozen broccoli! Just follow along with the recipe (including the parchment paper) and make sure that the broccoli is coasted in olive oil before seasoning to help the seasonings stick. Cook until the desired doneness.
Have you tried this recipe or others? We want to hear about it! Tag @devourdinner on Social Media so we can see.
- Instant Pot Green Beans
- Instant Pot Broccoli
- Candied Carrots
- Bacon Herbed Green Beans
- Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
- Mushroom Garlic Noodles
- Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes
- Ranch Roasted Potatoes
- Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
Oven Roasted Broccoli
- 1 lb 1lb Fresh Broccoli
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Season Salt Optional
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat Oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and dry your broccoli, roasting works best with broccoli is dry. Wet broccoli will steam and not roast.
- Cut Broccoli into small bite sized florets.
- Toss with Olive Oil and season salt.
- Place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet, do not crowd the broccoli. A single layer works best on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until broccoli reach desired doneness.
- Serve Hot