My mind was blown on how easy and delicious Air Fryer Corn on the Cob was. No more boiling a large stock pot of water to enjoy sweet and delicious corn on the cob. Now in a fraction of the time and less mess you can enjoy corn on the cob from the Air Fryer. Roasted to perfection, add salt and pepper and of course your favorite herbs for a delicious side dish.
This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for using my links! See my Disclosure Policy here.Farmer’s Market Week is always the first week in August. Whether you have a great local farm stand or market, are a member of a CSA or purchase your fruits and vegetables at the supermarket, follow our Pinterest board, for great recipes including those for appetizers, drinks, breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and more.
I get excited, giddy almost when I see the local farmers with pickup loads of corn on the street corner ready to sell. It’s so fresh and full of flavor and the best time to enjoy corn on the cob in my opinion.
How to make Air Fried Corn on the Cob
This recipe doesn’t take much so let’s get started. You will only need a few ingredients that you surely have on hand. Start with removing the husks from the corn and washing them under cool water removing as much as the silk as possible.
Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Spray corn with Avocado Oil and sprinkle with Salt and Pepper. I like to spray the inside of the Air Fryer basket with avocado cooking spray for good measure as well.
Place cobs of corn in Air Fryer Basket and cook for 5-6 minutes. Rotate corn and turn over and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes.
Add butter, more salt and pepper if you wish, and fresh herbs. The perfect bite of sweet corn awaits you!
Which Air Fryer is BEST?
I have the Cosori Air Fryer as well as the Mealthy CrispLid and I love and use both regularly. I was resistant for the longest time with a new appliance but I’m so glad I finally purchased a full size air fryer to add to my collection.
The Cosori 6qt Air Fryer has a large deep basket which will hold 3-4 cobs of corn easily, among other larger items. With the large and deep square basket it’s perfect to fill with corn for a side dish with dinner.
Air Fryer vs Instant Pot
It’s a toss up on which is best honestly. And for me it comes down to what else I’m making and what appliances do I need. Both small appliances take about the same time when you consider the time to pressure up an Instant Pot and both are cooked to perfection. For me, if I need my Instant Pot for another menu item or the Air Fryer that is the deciding factor on where the corn gets roasted. Make sure to check out my Instant Pot Corn on the Cob recipe too.
Can I use Frozen Corn on the Cob in the Air Fryer?
Allow corn to thaw for 30 minutes before cooking in the Air Fryer for best results. Cooking time can vary by Air Fryer. You may need to adjust time by a minute or two
Air Fried Vegetables are among my new favorites in the Air Fryer. The wonderful natural flavors are fantastic that you hardly need any butter or toppings to eat your veggies. I typically drown my veggies in sauces, cheese and seasonings to elevate the flavors but the Air Fryer has been fantastic. Check out my Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar, Honey and chopped Pecans. It’s a winner recipe too.
Elote Corn on the Cob
Trader Joes makes a great seasoning called Everything But Elote and I love to roll buttered corn on the cob in Parmesan Cheese and sprinkle with this seasoning. Surprise your family with this fun and tasty corn on the cob.
Corn on the Cob Fun Facts
- Corn Stalks grow up to 10 feet tall
- Each Cob of Corn has an even number of rows
- Corn is a Vegetable, Fruit and a Grain
- Corn grows on every continent except Antarctica
- A cup of corn is 177 calories
- Corn is the main ingredient in most dry dog foods
Here’s more Farmer’s Market Week Recipes
Starters and Sauce Recipes
Side Dishes Recipes
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob by Devour Dinner
- Chow Chow by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Eggplant Raita by Magical Ingredients
- Sauteed Swiss Chard by House of Nash Eats
Main Dish Recipes
- Greek Farro Salad by SueBee Homemaker
- Peach Crisp Popsicles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- 4 Ears of Corn Cobs of Corn
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Fresh Herbs optional
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes
- Remove husks and silk from Corn
- Spray Corn with Avocado Spray and season with Salt and Pepper
- Spray inside of Air Fryer Basket and place corn inside. Depending on size 3 or 4 ears will fit at once
- Air Fry for 5-6 Minutes. Open basket and turn corn over.
- Air Fry for an additional 5-6 minutes on other side.
- Remove corn and butter with 1 Tablespoon butter per ear of corn.
- Sprinkle additional salt and pepper if needed and garnish with fresh herbs
- Serve Hot
- Spicy: add a sprinkle of Paprika and Cayenne along with Butter.
- Cilantro Lime: Melt butter and add 1 tsp lime juice. Drizzle over corn and garnish with chopped cilantro. It’s also excellent with some powered parmesan too.
- Sweetest: Melt Butter and add 1 teaspoon sugar. Stir to combine and drizzle over corn.