Tasty Air Fryer Candied Walnuts a fun and delicious snack that pairs so well on salads and even desserts.
Nuts by themselves are always welcome, but candied nuts always make my tastebuds so happy. With a cinnamon and sugar coating, these sweetened walnuts are delicious when made in the Air Fryer.
There are so many ways to make Candied Nuts from a hard coating glaze to a sugary sweet coating and the great news is you can switch it up and use many different types of nuts if you wish.
Enjoy as a quick snack, over ice cream, or give as amazing gifts with a sweet note. Air Fryer Candied Walnuts will be a fantastic addition to your holiday season.
This small batch is about 3 cups of walnuts and I'll even include how to store and freeze down below.
Shopping List for Candied Walnuts
Dry Ingredients. White Sugar, Brown Sugar, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg, Ground Ginger, Sea Salt
Wet Ingredient. Butter
Nuts. Walnut Halves
How to make Air Fryer Candied Walnuts
Gather the ingredients together along with a few supplies like mixing bowls, large spoon, and measuring spoons. It's also a good idea to line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper to allow nuts to cool on and help prevent sticking.
In a small bowl combine dry ingredients together and mix to combine. In a separate bowl melt butter and drizzle over walnut halves.
Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over buttered nuts in a large bowl and toss to combine. Nuts will be coated in cinnamon sugar.
Preheat Air Fryer for 5 minutes allowing the unit to get hot for baking. I like to use a parchment paper liner in the bottom of the Air Fryer Basket to help prevent sticking and for easier clean up but you can also spray with an Avocado Baking Spray if you prefer.
Divide walnut halves in half and air fryer in a single layer for 8 minutes tossing nuts half way in between.
Removed baked candied walnuts and place on a lined cookie sheet to cool completely. Break up and separate nuts that are stuck together to cool individually.
Storage and Freezing
Stored cooled candied nuts in an air-tight container at room temperature. Nuts can be placed in a Zip-Loc bag, plastic bowl with lid or even a glass mason jar.
Nuts can be frozen up to 3 months in a freezer bag or storage container.
I love my air fryer and making candied nuts is so much fun especially when I need a great gift. The sweetened nuts give a perfect crunch and make a delicious treat that everyone lows.
There are different methods to making candied nuts. I have found that air frying nuts with a candy coating is so quick and easy and only takes a couple of minutes. It's my new favorite way to enjoy a quick snack.
Walnuts are an easy addition to summer salads or even paired with fresh fruit. All the details can be found in the recipe card below along with more air fryer recipes.
I'm often asked about substituting other nuts like raw pecans, almonds, or even cashews. And the answer is YES. I do have an Air Fryer Candied Pecans recipe that is more of a glaze coated pecans that you also might love.
Feel free to substitute any nuts or a variety of mixed nuts with this recipe.
Nutrition from Nuts
Nuts offer a wide variety of nutrition from plant protein to fiber and healthy fats. They are delicious on the on their own.
Walnuts are an excellent source of copper in your diet. A mineral that your body needs to produce enzymes involved in energy production.
It's believed that walnuts also help lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol. As always, consult with your doctor or dietitian.
How to Keep Walnuts from Sticking?
Walnuts shouldn't stick together in this recipe as it's not using any corn syrup or honey. However if nuts are left clustered together the sugar can stick together but should be easy to break apart. Allow nuts to cool on a baking sheet in a single layer.
How to Serve Candied Walnuts
I've mentioned previously this make for easy snacks when packed in little bags for single servings. They are also delicious served in a salad. Spicy nuts can be added to rice pilaf for a fun twsit and added texture.
And let's not forget on top of Ice Cream, cookies, or cookie bars. The added bit of crunch is always delicious.
Parchment Paper. Line preheated air fryer with a piece of parchment paper to help prevent sticking and easy clean up. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat to cool walnuts after baking.
Spice. Sprinkle Cayenne Pepper over candied nuts for a little bit of heat or use Chili Powder.
Shaking Basket. Shaking basket during cooking process helps to turn and rotate nuts as well as flip nuts over for a more even baking process.
Free Holiday Gift Tag Printable
Get ready to go nuts with our FREE printable "Nuts about You" gift tags – the perfect accompaniment to your delightful batches of Candied Pecans and Walnuts! These tags add a playful touch to your homemade treats, making them an ideal gift for nut enthusiasts. Share the joy of crunchy sweetness and spread the nutty love this season!
Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Apple Crisp
- Carrots in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer
Welcome to the fourth annual #FallFlavors! We have 21 bloggers sharing over SIXTY recipes using fall ingredients like squash, apples, maple, pecans, and many more. Follow #FallFlavors to see all the delicious recipes on social media.
Wednesday #FallFlavor Recipes
- Cranberry Orange Bourbon Cocktail from Family Around The Table
- Pumpkin Spice White Russian from Our Crafty Cocktails
Breakfasts and Breads
- Apple Pie Pancakes from Magical Ingredients
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Applesauce from An Affair from the Heart
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal from Jolene's Recipe Journal
Mains and Sides
- Chicken Parm Stuffed Spaghetti Squash from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Chicken Sausage with Apples from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Roasted Whole Butternut Squash from Jen Around the World
- Sauerkraut with Tomato Sauce from Palatable Pastime
- Air Fryer Candied Walnuts from Devour Dinner
- Caramel Apple Pie from Sweet Beginnings
- Easy Apple Pie Cake from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake from Blogghetti
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding from Hostess At Heart
- Maple Brown Sugar Cookies with Candied Sage from The Spiffy Cookie
- Mock Apple Ritz Cracker Pie from Art of Natural Living
- Pecan Butter Cookies from Books n' Cooks
- Pecan Pie Bars from Best Cookie Recipes
- Pumpkin Caramel Trifle Mason Jar Dessert from Our Crafty Mom
Air Fryer Candied Walnuts
- 3 Cup Walnut Halves - 375g
- 3 Tablespoons Butter - Melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar - 25g
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- Preheat Air Fryer to 330 degrees for 5 minutes
- In a small bowl combine dry ingredients of Sugar, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger and Salt together and mix to combine and set aside
- In a separate bowl melt butter and add vanilla extract and stir together.
- Add walnut halves to a large bowl and drizzle butter mixture over nuts. Toss nuts to coat.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over buttered nuts and toss to coat. Nuts should be coated in sugar mixture.
- Optional* Sprinkle Cayenne or Chili Powder over nuts to add extra spice and heat.
- Divide nuts in half and air fry in 2 batches. Add single layer of coated walnuts to air fryer basket and bake for 8 minutes. Toss nuts half way through baking process.
- Remove baked candied nuts and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or use a silicone mat. Allow nuts to fully cool before storing in an air tight container.
Storage and FreezingStored cooled candied nuts in an air-tight container at room temperature. Nuts can be placed in a Zip-Loc bag, plastic bowl with lid or even a glass mason jar. Nuts can be frozen up to 3 months in a freezer bag or storage container.
How to Keep Walnuts from Sticking?Walnuts shouldn't stick together in this recipe as it's not using any corn syrup or honey. However if nuts are left clustered together the sugar can stick together but should be easy to break apart. Allow nuts to cool on a baking sheet in a single layer.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.