Marshmallow Pops are fun so decorate these for Valentines Day and make Valentines Marshmallow Pops that everyone will love. Made with Marshmallows, Chocolate and holiday decorations of your choice. Even Adults will feel the Love with these Marshmallow Pops.
This recipe is simple enough that you can just dive in and figure it out on your own. But I’ve figured out a few tips and tricks to make life a bit easier when creating these pops so take a minute and read on.
I use the long sucker sticks. They can also be found by the Wilton Cake Decorating Supplies at your super store. I also like to use a good quality chocolate chip like Ghirardelli Premium Milk Chocolate Chips. Ghirardelli Chocolate melts smooth and is easy to work with.
Although there are a number of ways to dip the marshmallows, I prefer to use a tall kitchen glass. After melting the chocolate I pour into a kitchen glass that is taller than the marshmallow pop so I can dip and let the excess drip off. It’s genius!
Use Red, Pink, White Candy Wafers for decorating along with Sprinkles of your choice.
Ingredients Needed for Valentine Marshmallow Pops
- Large Marshmallows
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- Red Candy Wafers
- Pink Candy Wafers
- Holiday Sprinkles
- Long Sucker Sticks
How to Melt Chocolate Chips
Place Chocolate Chips in a glass bowl and Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for 30 seconds more. Chocolate Chips should be soft at this point. Stir and microwave for an additional 15 seconds. Remove from Microwave and stir until smooth. If additional time is needed, microwave for 15 seconds at a time.
Preparing Sucker Pops
Sort Marshmallows finding 4 that are equal size and shape. Pops are easier to dip with a uniform Marshmallow Pop. Insert sucker stick into the center of a marshmallow and push down 3 plus inches. Add second, third and fourth marshmallow to create a pop.
You can make 8-10 pops for this recipe. Get your sticks ready dip.
Dipping Marshmallow Pops
Pour melted chocolate into a tall kitchen glass. Glass should be taller than Marshmallow pop so you can dip into. I prefer using a Glass Glass. Then if needed I can reheat in the microwave if needed.
Dip Marshmallow Pop into chocolate and shake excess chocolate off allowing it to drip and drizzle into cup. This can take a minute or more per pop so be patient and shake off the excess.
Place dipped pop on parchment paper to cool and begin dipping your next pop into the melted chocolate.
Decorating Marshmallow Pops
Decorating is so much fun. Be creative. If you like Sprinkles make sure to add sprinkles while the chocolate is still fresh on the pops so they will stick.
Melt 1/2 cup of Candy Wafers in a small glass bowl for 30 seconds in the Microwave and then stir. Add 15 seconds more and stir until smooth. If additional time is needed use 15 second intervals.
Pour melted candy wafer into a sandwich size Zip-loc bag and snip a tiny bit off the corner. Then drizzle candy wafer over Marshmallow Pops. Repeat for additional colors.
Drizzling Candy Wafer is best done when chocolate has fully cooled for best results. Add as many colors as you wish. Holiday Sprinkles will stick to melted candy wafers so add some sprinkles if you wish.
How to Store Valentine Marshmallow Pops
Individual Marshmallow Pops can be wrapped in plastic and given as gifts. Or place in Zip-loc bags until ready to enjoy.
More Valentine Treats to Enjoy
Make sure to see all my delicious Cookie Recipes where you will find delicious Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies or my soft and chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies. You might also enjoy these Funfetti Cookies a true family favorite.
- Long Sucker Sticks
- Ghirardelli Premium Milk Chocolate Chips
- Parchment Baking Sheets
- Valentine Sprinkles
Valentine Marshmallow Pops
- 1 Bag Large Marshmallows
- 1 Bag Ghirardelli Premium Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Red Candy Wafer
- 1/2 Cup Pink Candy Wafer
- Valentine Sprinkles Optional
- Sort Marshmallows by size and shape grouping in groups of 4 marshmallows
- Place Long Sucker Stick through middle of marshmallow adding a second, third and fourth marshmallow on each stick.
- Melt Chocolate Chips by placing in a glass bowl and heating in Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and heat for additional 30 seconds and stir until smooth. If extra time is needed add 15 second intervals and stir until smooth
- Pour melted chocolate into tall kitchen glass
- Dip Marshmallow Pops into melted chocolate
- Shake and drizzle excess chocolate back into cup
- Repeat for all marshmallow pops. If needed reheat chocolate in microwave using 15 second intervals.
- Place dipped marshmallow pops on parchment paper to cool
- In a separate bowl microwave Candy Wafers for 30 seconds and stir, add an additional 15 seconds and stir until smooth.
- Pour melted candy wafers into sandwich zip-loc bag. Snip a tiny corner off and drizzle melted wafer on cooled Marshmallow pops
- Optional ~ Sprinkle Valentine Sprinkles on melted candy wafers so sprinkles stick to pops.
- Allow to fully cool before storing
- Wrap in plastic and give to those you love