A HUGE shoutout to my dear sweet friend who introduced me to this Christmas Quiche with Sausage and Cranberry. I’ve always thought that a quiche is an adult food that is hard and difficult to make, and I’ve always enjoyed eating them whenever given the chance. I’ve learned that the name quiche just sounds fancy and really, this is a piece of cake or pie in this place to make. Although the name implies it’s just for Christmas, the Christmas Quiche will soon be something I make for Sunday mornings or evening dinners when I just don’t have time to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
The ingredients for the Christmas Quiche – Sausage and Cranberry are very simple. Sausage, Cheese, Egg, Pie Crust, Milk and Half and Half. It’s pretty simple to throw together. Brown your sausage and drain off the grease. Mix your cranberries into the sausage and set aside. In a mixing bowl, mix eggs, milk, half and half, and salt and pepper. Wisk it together and set it aside. Bake your frozen or refrigerated pie crust and let it cool.
In your baked pie crust, place your cheese on the bottom. Why? Do you ask? Well, in a quiche with all the milk and egg, the cheese will float to the top, by placing it on the bottom with all your heavy ingredients on top, it will stay and not float. Simple little trick but in the end it does not matter the order. It all will taste the same. Place your sausage and cranberry on top of the cheese and then pour your milk mixture on top of everything. Pretty simple, right? Well it really is just that simple. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until a knife in the center comes out clean. Allow the Christmas Quiche to cool before cutting. It will serve in nice pie shape wedges.
My family has given this Christmas Quiche – Sausage and Cranberry a Two Thumbs Up which means, we will be making it again and again. Loved this Quiche and it reminds me how easy they are to make.
Sausage and Cranberry Quiche
- 1/2 Cup Cranberries *Craisens
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 Lb Sausage Cooked and drained
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Half and Half
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- 1 Pie Crust
- Bake frozen or refrigerated pie crust on 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool
- Bake at 375F for 45 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cook sausage and drain. Mix cranberries into sausage and set aside
- In a mixing bow, mix milk, half and half, eggs, and salt and pepper. Wisk to combine.
- In cooled pie crust place cheese on the bottom, and layer with sausage and cranberries. Pour milk and egg mixture on top and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from over and allow to cool. It will set as it cools. Serve warm or cold. Enjoy a beautiful breakfast.