Load up these Bacon Cheese Fries for a delicious snack for Game Day or a side dish for just about any meal. Made with crispy French Fries, bacon crumbles, three different cheeses, and Ranch dressing, this dish is so addictive!
Recipe adapted from Ranch Bacon Cheese Fries where I've been a contributor
These Loaded Cheese Fries with Bacon are taken to the next level by being coated in dry ranch seasoning before being loaded up!
It's a super-easy recipe that's such a crowd-pleaser.
Ready in just 20 minutes, you can enjoy these with dinner on a busy weeknight, at a party, or simply as a snack.
Ingredients Needed for Bacon Cheese Fries
- French Fries. Use french fries straight from frozen in this recipe.
- Cheese. A mixture of Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, and Feta Cheese will give you a delicious cheesy flavor and melted texture.
- Green Onion. Garnish with chopped green onions for an added zingy flavor.
- Bacon Crumbles. Any brand of bacon bits or crumbles will work well. You could even cook and chop your own bacon if you prefer.
- Seasoning. Use Dry Ranch Seasoning and Garlic Powder to season the fries before baking them.
- Ranch Dressing. To drizzle on top for extra flavor. Any brand will work well, or use a homemade Ranch dressing!
How to Make Bacon Cheese Fries
Preheat the oven to the directions on the frozen bag of fries. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
Toss frozen french fries in a large bowl with dry Ranch Seasoning and Garlic Powder. Add more if you wish.
Place fries in a single layer on the baking sheet and follow the package directions for baking.
Remove from oven and sprinkle Cheese evenly on top of the cooked Fries.
Sprinkle Bacon and Diced Green Onions on top.
Broil for 3-6 minutes or until the cheeses are hot, bubbly, and melted.
Drizzle the Ranch Dressing on top of the melted cheese, or serve with additional Ranch Dressing to dip the fries in. Serve hot.
Storage & Freezing
Storage: Store these loaded fries once they have completely cooled, in an airtight container or Ziploc bag, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheat: Reheat these fries in the microwave until hot.
Substitutions & Variations
- Cheeses. Use a blend of cheeses. Sharp Cheddar, Medium or Mild Cheddar. Mozzarella Cheese or Monterey Jack Cheese compliments each other nicely. Feta Crumbles or even Blue Cheese Crumbles.
- Spice it up. Add some hot sauce, chopped jalapenos, or red pepper flakes on top for a bit of extra spice!
- Tater Tots. You can use this recipe with crinkle-cut fries or tater tots, simply cook as per instructions before loading with cheese and toppings!
- Garnish. Use some fresh herbs to garnish, like freshly chopped cilantro, or oregano.
- Sauces. Serve with your favorite sauces, like a side of Marinara Sauce, Cowboy Sauce, or just a big dollop of sour cream on top!
- Make these in a large foil packet and cook them on the grill for a camping dinner!
- Follow package directions for baking French Fries making sure to toss them halfway through the baking time to ensure you get crispy fries.
- Fries should be completely done before adding cheese and extra toppings. Broiling will just melt the cheese and toppings together.
Have you tried this Bacon Cheese Fries recipe?
Please leave a comment below if you have tried making this recipe. I love to hear from you and enjoy reading about what you think. Be sure to tag @devourdinner when posting to social media. I can't wait to see your photos!
More Easy Side Dish Recipes
- Green Bean Casserole
- Creamed Corn
- Sweetie Pies Mac and Cheese
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad with Spam
- Creamed Peas and Potatoes
Bacon Cheese Fries
- 1 bag Frozen French Fries - 32 ounces
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Grated
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese - Grated
- ½ cup Feta Cheese - Crumbled
- 1 bunch Green Onion - Diced and Chopped
- ½ cup Bacon Crumbles
- 1½ tablespoons Dry Ranch Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Ranch Dressing - to drizzle on top
- Preheat the oven to the directions on the frozen bag of fries. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
- Toss frozen french fries with dry Ranch Seasoning and Garlic Powder. Add more if you wish.
- Place fries in a single layer on the baking sheet and follow the package directions for baking.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheeses evenly on top of baked French Fries. Top with crumbled bacon and diced green onions.
- Broil for 3-6 minutes or until the cheeses are hot, bubbly, and melted.
- Drizzle Ranch Dressing on top or serve with additional Ranch Dressing to dip into.
- Serve hot.
- Storage: Store these loaded fries once they have completely cooled, in an airtight container or Ziploc bag, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheat: Reheat these fries in the microwave until hot.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.