This is the Easiest Chili Cheese Fries on the Planet. I’ve perfected fun and easy recipes to whip out with company that will thrill everyone with a last minute snack. Chili Cheese Fries is one of those recipes I have in my back pocket.
What makes this recipe great is the spontaneous way it unfolds when company arrives. It’s like they magically appear and as a host, I’m thrilled when everyone is happy. We’ve all been there. Traveled and arrived at someone’s home later than expected and we are hungry. But we don’t want to ask for food.
It’s well past dinner time and the host has no idea if you’ve eaten or not. What should you do?? Pull out Chili Cheese Fries!
And here’s a tip…. Take these Camping. You know after a long day right before bed when you are STARVING that a good snack like this will be golden.
- 1 pkg Frozen French Fries
- 2 Cans Chili – Nalley's Onion Chili is our favorite
- 1 Cup+ Cheese
- Sour Cream
How to make Chili Cheese Fries
- Carefully Lay 2 large pieces of foil with the shiny side together and fold ¼in hem in the bottom. Fold it over 2 or 3 times to secure making one large piece of foil.
- Place frozen French Fries on sprayed foil and wrap and seal
- Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes
- Remove from oven and carefully open foil package
- Pour Canned Chili on top of French fries and add grated cheese on top
- Seal foil and place back in oven for an addition 8-10 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with your favorite toppings like sour cream, lime, cilantro, tomatoes, onions, lettuce and whatever else you enjoy. Honestly, add your favorites. It's wonderful.
Circle your friends around and dig in! It’s delicious!
If you’ve followed me at all, you know how much I love creating memories with those I love. Food is a large part of it. Some of my recipes are simple and easy to make like this one and others will take more time and effort but there are always recipes for everyone at every level of cook too!
How many will Chili Cheese fries Serve?
I find with a small bag of French fries that 8 people get a small plate to enjoy
Can you make Chili Cheese Fries Ahead of time?
If I’m short on time, I like to pre-bake the French Fries. Get them basically cooked and keep them warm. Then when I’m ready to serve I add the chili and cheese and throw into the oven. This is perfect when in a pinch.
How to make Chili Cheese Fries when Camping
Making Chili Cheese Fries Camping is fun. Before I leave camping I will make my foil packet and place the fries inside. They will naturally thaw. When the evening fire has cooled to embers we place the foil packet in the fire lifted up on rocks and allow to cook. They will take 20-30 minutes depending on the heat of the fire.
Then open the foil and add chili and cheese and place back in the fire for another 5-10 minutes. When everything is bubbling hot. Remove from file and serve. Your camping buddies will thank you!
Is Tin Foil bad for you?
There are lots of opinions if Tin foil or Aluminum Foil is bad for you when cooking. You can omit using foil if baking in an oven. Use a baking sheet instead.
Should I use Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil?
Personally when camping we always use Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil. It’s sturdy and doesn’t tear as easily which is ideal when opening and closing Tin Foil Packets. Some Aluminum Foil Brands are very thin. So stick with a quality brand name and you should be okay!
Can I grill on the BBQ Grill?
Of course you can! And it’s fun! Heat your grill to 350 degrees and follow the instructions. You should be good to go!
Personally I love to eat Chili Cheese Fries right out of the foil with my friends and family by my side. We talk, we laugh, we eat and memories are abundant. Everyone loves adding their favorite toppings and every digs in!
Chili Cheese Fries
- 1 pkg Frozen french Fies
- 1 Cans Chili
- 1-2 Cups Shredded Cheese
- 1 Tomato Diced
- 1 Bunch Green Onions Diced
- Sour Cream
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- Take 2 sheets of Alumium Foil about 13 inches long placing shinny side together. Fold long edge creating a seam. Fold over 2-3 times
- Open large foil and place Frozen French Fries in center
- Loosely fold over top and Bake at 350 Degrees for 20-25 minutes
- Remove from oven and open foil. Pour 2 cans favorite Chili on top
- Top with grated Cheese
- loosely close foil and place back in oven for an additional 5-10 minutes or until chili is heated through and cheese is melted
- Remove from oven and top with Tomatoes, Green Onions, Avocado, Sour Cream and anything else you wish