Air Fryer Candied Pecans, the holiday season is right around the corner and making Air Fryer Pecans is a perfect snack or gift to those you love.
With only a few simple ingredients and using your Air Fryer Basket you will be enjoying this small-batch recipe in no time.
Add a few candied pecans to ice cream or other dessert recipes. They are even fantastic on top of a salad too. There is no wrong way to enjoy candied nuts.
Making this small batch of Air Fryer Pecans is also delicious as a quick snack. Biting into the candy pecans gives a perfect crunch that I just love.
Shopping List for Candied Pecans in Air Fryer
Dry Ingredients. Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger, Salt
Wet Ingredients. Honey, Water, Vanilla Extract
- Air Fryer - I am using a Cosori 5.8qt Air Fryer Basket
- Air Fryer Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowls. Large, Medium and Small
- Measuring Cups
- Mixing Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- Silicone Mat or Parchment Paper
How to make Candied Roasted Pecans in Air Fryer
In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt and mix to combine. Add honey, water, and vanilla extra and stir together.
Mixture will be grainy and will pour off the spoon.
In a medium bowl add whole pecans and toss cinnamon sugar mixture over nuts and stir. Coat entire pecan in sugar mixture.
Preheat Air Fryer for 5 minutes before adding seasoned coated pecans to a parchment lined air fryer basket to bake.
Stir or toss pecans half way through and continue to air fryer
Move hot pecan mixture to a parchment lined cookie sheet or use a silicone baking mat and allow pecans to cool. Carefully separate nuts in a single layer from each other for best results.
Storage and Freezing
Store cooled candied pecans in a sealed container like a mason jar, zip-loc bag, or other airtight container and keep at room temperature.
Nuts can also be frozen for up to 3 months if stored properly
Use Pumpkin Pie Spice in place of Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Ginger as a quick substitute
Nuts. Use Almonds, Walnuts, Cashews, or a nut mixture
Sweet Maple Syrup can be used in place of Honey
Sugars. Use half brown sugar and half white sugar
Cayenne Pepper. Add some heat with a sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper to hot Pecans
When the fall season hits I love walking into a Mall, the County or State Fair and enjoy the smell of fresh pecans being candied. I always fall for the over priced cones of these sweet crunchy nuts too.
This simple method will be a new favorite recipes this time of year. And you can deliver these sweet nuts to neighbors and friends. They will appreciate a delicious snack.
Shake Basket. Make sure to shake the basket half way through the Air Fryer Baking process so the nuts become roasted on all sides.
Parchment Paper. Add a piece of parchment paper to the Air Fryer Basket. This helps with easy clean up. Make sure to use Parchment Paper with holes to keep the air flowing.
Baking Sheet. Allow nuts to cool on a lined baking sheet in a single layer. Be careful not to touch hot nuts.
Preheat Air Fryer. Just like other cooking appliances it's best practice to preheat the Air Fryer before adding the ingredients to be cooked.
Why are my Candied Pecans Sticky?
If the pecans remain sticky after they have cooled it means they did not air fry long enough to heat the sugars. Cooled candied pecans should be hard.
Let's chat about how good this easy recipe truly is. I always thought candied nuts had to be a long difficult process with the price being charged for a small cone filled of these delicious quick snacks. Am I right?
This recipe does not use egg white. In many recipes egg whites or an egg white mixture is used to help coat the nut before adding a brown sugar mixture to the raw pecan halves.
I have found that you don't really need it. The difference being less of a coating or shell on the nut when Air Fried. However the taste remains the same.
A whole batch of candied pecans is about 2 cups pecan halves which is plenty for gift giving and makes a great homemade gift or an easy snack. It's also the perfect size batch for the air fryer.
If you have tried this recipe make sure to leave a Star Rating in the recipe card below
I also love when you tag @devourdinner on social media so I can see your photos too.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Apple Fritters
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
Air Fryer Candied Pecans
- 2 cups Pecan Halves - 250g
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- pinch Cayenne - OPTIONAL
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt and mix to combine. Add honey, water, and vanilla extra and stir together.
- Pour mixture over pecan halves in a medium size bowl and toss to coat nuts
- Preheat Air Fryer for 5 minutes at 330 degrees before adding seasoned coated pecans to a parchment lined air fryer basket to bake.
- Bake at 330 degrees for 8 minutes. Stiring pecans half way through
- Remove nuts from Air Fryer and place on parchment paper or silicone mat. Make sure to separate nuts carefully to allow to cool individually.
- Store cooled candied pecans in a sealed container like a mason jar, zip-loc bag, or other airtight container and keep at room temperature.
Storage and FreezingStore cooled candied pecans in a sealed container like a mason jar, zip-loc bag, or other airtight container and keep at room temperature.
SubstitutionsUse Pumpkin Pie Spice in place of Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Ginger as a quick substitute Nuts. Use Almonds, Walnuts, Cashews, or a nut mixture Sweet Maple Syrup can be used in place of Honey Sugars. Use half brown sugar and half white sugar Cayenne Pepper. Add some heat with a sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper to hot Pecans
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.
Welcome to the fourth annual #FallFlavors! We have 21 bloggers sharing over SIXTY recipes using fall ingredients like squash, apples, maple, pecans, and many more. Follow #FallFlavors to see all the delicious recipes on social media.
Friday #FallFlavors Recipes
Appetizers and Beverages
- Delicious Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball from Family Around The Table
- Pumpkin Spice White Russian from Our Crafty Cocktails
- Vegan Sweet Potato Cutlets from Magical Ingredients
- Cinnamon Chip Apple Muffins from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Cranberry Walnut Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette from Art of Natural Living
- Autumn Chicken Cobb Salad from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Ham, Apple and Cheddar Quesadillas from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Slow Cooker German Pork Roast from Palatable Pastime
- Air Fryer Candied Pecans from Devour Dinner
- Apple Cinnamon Chip Cookies from Sweet Beginnings
- Candy Corn Cookies from Best Cookie Recipes
- Ginger Apple Pear Crisp from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Maple Brown Sugar Cookies with Candied Sage from The Spiffy Cookie
- Maple Pecan Biscotti from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Pumpkin Caramel Trifle Mason Jar Dessert from Our Crafty Mom
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars from Blogghetti
- Pumpkin Dump Cake from An Affair from the Heart
- Sweet Potato Cinnamon Roll Cake from Jen Around the World