This recipe for Tuna Salad Sandwich is the BEST. Can I share a tip with you? I’ve made countless Tuna Salad Recipes over the years and this is the one I come back to time and time again. I love the crunch from the Celery and the flavor from the Red Onion and let’s not forget the secret ingredient of Sweet Pickle Relish.
My Grandma always said that adding Sweet Pickle Relish to recipes was key to making it lick your plate clean. I for one, believe her and I’m not a huge relish or pickle fan either. But it does add some extra zest to this Tuna Salad Recipe for sure.
Tuna Salad Sandwiches can be made so many ways. Open Faced, grilled, or even a Tuna Melt topped with cheese. They are all delicious and so easy to make. I want to show you how simple this recipe is and how quickly you can be eating.
I personally love to eat Tuna Salad open faced. One slice of toasted bread, with green leaf lettuce and Tuna Salad on top. Mmmm. Add some fresh fruit on the side and it’s a perfect summer day, any day of the year!
What’s in Tuna Salad?
- 1 5oz Can Tuna
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs Pickle Relish
- 1/4 Cup Celery Diced
- 3 Tbs Red Onion Diced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Pepper to Taste
How to Make Tuna Salad
- In a bowl combined your drained Tuna, Mayonnaise, Relish, Diced Celery, Diced Red Onion, and Salt and Pepper.
- With fork combine the mixture and break up the Tuna chunks.
- Serve it on bread or with crackers. You can even serve it on a lettuce wrap!
- Some fun variation ideas:
- You can use plain yogurt instead of mayonnaise.
- You can substitute canned chicken or salmon in place of the tune.
- Adding in diced cucumbers can give an extra healthy crunch.
Dress up your Tuna Salad Recipe
Tuna Melt: Add a slice of Cheddar or Provolone Cheese and melt
Tuna Wrap: Serve on a leaf of Romaine Lettuce with matchstick cucumber and carrots for a light low calorie lunch
Tuna Salad with Apples: Dice your favorite apple, Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Gala and throw it in the Tuna Salad Recipe. It’s delicious!
What goes with Tuna Salad?
Tuna salad goes great with potato chips or fresh cut veggies! Even serving up a few peeled boiled eggs on the side can be a great addition to the plate.
Is Tuna Salad Keto Friendly?
Yes, tuna salad is keto friendly when served with keto friendly options.
What’s an alternative for Mayonnaise?
You can use plain greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise for a healthier alternative.
How to store Tuna Salad
Keep your uneaten tuna in an airtight container in the fridge. You can keep it in a Tupperware style container, in a plastic wrap covered bowl or even in a Ziploc style bag to keep it nice and fresh.
How long is Tuna Salad Good for?
Prepared tuna salad is good for about 3-5 days. Just be aware that you’ll want to eat it while it’s fresher and sooner rather than later. The older it gets, you may notice some separation. Just stir it up to get the liquid mixed back in and use as desired.
More easy Recipes
- Instant Pot Hot Dogs
- Creamy Pasta Salad
- Best Deviled Eggs
- Turkey Salad Sandwich
- Easy Chicken Salad
- Hawaiian Mac Salad
- Cream Cheese Chicken
Tuna Salad Sandwiches
- 1 can Tuna
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Pickle Relish
- 1/4 cup Celery Diced
- 3 tbsp Red Onion Diced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Pepper to Taste
- In a bowl combined Tuna, Mayonnaise, Relish, Diced Celery, Diced Red Onion and Salt and Pepper.
- With fork combine and break up Tuna.
- Serve on bread or with crackers or in lettuce wrap
- Use yogurt in place of Mayonnaise
- Substitute canned chicken, salmon, in place of Tuna
- Diced Cucumbers add extra crunch