Eating a Stuffed Avocado is a great way to eat a low carb and high nutrient dish. With creamy green avocados balancing out the nice fiesta flavors, these taco stuffed avocados are sure to be a hit.
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be difficult, and with these whole foods and great flavors you can get the health benefits without any of the struggle.
Everyone loves tacos, so making a taco stuffed avocado just makes sense!
The best thing about these stuffed avocados is that they are a fast and easy dinner that tastes great! Not only that but you can enjoy them on a hot day for a cool dinner that doesn’t heat up the house too much!
While a stuffed avocado recipe isn’t the norm, it is delicious. If you aren’t a fan of avocados but are still looking for a similar healthy meal check out my Zucchini Taco Boats!
What's in a Stuffed Avocado?
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- Red Bell Pepper
- Yellow Bell Pepper
- Yellow Onion
- Shredded Cheese (Cheddar, Mozzarella, or Mexican Blend Cheese)
- Chili Powder
How to make stuffed avocado with ground turkey?
- Place 1 cup water or broth in your Instant Pot
- Place the ground turkey on a trivet in the Instant Pot
- Set it to Manual High (Pressure Cook) for 5 minutes and then do a quick release
- Remove the cooked taco meat and discard any liquids in the pot. Clean or wipe out the pot and then put it back in the Instant Pot.
- Set it to Saute' and then add in the cooked turkey and with a wooden spoon chop up the meat
- Add in the diced onion, garlic, and bell peppers and stir
- Add in the seasonings, salsa, and water and stir.
- Watch and stir for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Slice the avocados and remove the pit
- With a spoon, scoop out some of the flesh of the avocado to make a larger cup
- Fill each avocado with ¼ cup filling
- Top with cheese and enjoy
Can I substitute ground hamburger?
Absolutely! You can use any ground meat of choice to make these stuffed avocados. Ground turkey is pretty healthy but there’s nothing wrong with using ground beef or even ground chicken if you want too.
Is stuffed avocado healthy?
Of course! Avocados are full of healthy fats and good-for-you nutrients. The filling in this stuffed avocado is also pretty healthy and full of various vegetables and vitamins. This is a great healthy meal.
Can I make stuffed avocado ahead of time?
While you won’t want to cut and prepare avocados in advance, because they’ll brown- the filling does great when made in advance.
Just keep it in a sealed container in the fridge until ready to use and then follow the directions as instructed.
More great Low Carb Recipes
- Ground Turkey Tacos
- Ham and Cheese Egg Bites
- Ground Turkey Lettuce Wrap
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Swiss Steak
- Chicken Corn Chowder
- Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- Quiche Lorraine
Turkey Avocado Taco ~ Stuffed Avocado
- ½ lb Lean Ground Beef
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper
- ½ cup Yellow Bell Pepper
- ½ cup Yellow Onion
- ½ cup Salsa
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Garlic
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ cup Shredded Cheese (Cheddar, Mozzarella, or Mexican Blend Cheese)
- 2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 4-5 Ripe Avocados
- Place 1 cup water or Broth in Instant Pot
- Place ground turkey on trivet in Instant Pot
- Set to Manual High (Pressure Cook) for 5 minutes and quick release
- Remove cooked taco and discard any liquids in the pot. Clean or wipe out pot and put back in Instant Pot.
- Set to Saute' and Add cooked turkey and with a wooden spoon chop up meat
- Add diced onion, garlic, and bell peppers and stir
- Add Seasonings, salsa and water and stir.
- Watch and stir for 4-5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Slice Avocados and remove pit
- With a spoon, scoop out some of the flesh making a larger cup in avocado
- Fill each avocado with ¼ cup filling
- Top with cheese
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.