Summer Peaches are delicious especially when making Homemade Peach Ice Cream. Creamy and smooth this Ice Cream Recipe is so rich and delicious it’s almost custard like. Serve with fresh peaches for a refreshing summer treat.
This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for using my links! See my Disclosure Policy here.Farmer’s Market Week is always the first week in August. Whether you have a great local farm stand or market, are a member of a CSA or purchase your fruits and vegetables at the supermarket, follow our Pinterest board, for great recipes including those for appetizers, drinks, breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and more.
I love all things Ice Cream and although I typically love Homemade Ice Cream with Chocolate or cookies or brownies, I’m in love with how refreshing Peach Ice Cream is. With just a hint of cinnamon in the vanilla based ice cream it’s spectacular.
Serve in a waffle cone or waffle bowl for an added treat that you won’t regret. And how about on top of a Fresh Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler. Oh yum! What a fantastic combination for 2 great recipes.
Let’s gather all the ingredients and I’ll help you with step by step directions so you can make this wonderful recipe.
Supplies for making Homemade Ice Cream
Let’s get your supplies ready. You will need an ice cream mixer. I have the Cuisinart 2 Qt Automatic Ice Cream, Sorbet, and Frozen Yogurt maker. The inner cylinder needs to be frozen. I suggest 24 hours in the freezer for best results. You will also need a saucepan and either a wooden flat spoon or a silicone spatula.
Shopping List for Peach Ice Cream
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Whole Milk (or 2% Milk)
- Egg Yolks
Now that you have gathered all the ingredients and supplies to make the BEST Homemade Ice Cream, let’s get started!
How to make Homemade Peach Ice Cream
Begin by separating the egg whites from the egg yolks. Place egg yolks in a larger bowl. You can discard the egg whites or save and use for an egg white omelets. Add 1/3 cup of granulated sugar to the egg yolks and whisk. They will be bright yellow at first but the more you whisk the more pale yellow they become and the consistency turns from thick to a thin ribbon like mixture.
In a medium size sauce pan add 1/3 cup sugar, whipping cream, and milk and a pinch of cinnamon. Whisk together over medium/high heat until mixture reaches about 165 degree. Use a digital read thermometer. Mixture will be hot and steamy but will not boil.
How to Temper Eggs
Tempering eggs simply means to bring eggs up to the temperature of the rest of the ingredients. Adding cold eggs to hot ingredients will typically cause the eggs to scramble which is not ideal for this recipe.
Once milk mixture reaches about 165 degrees pour about ½ cup into whisked egg yolks and whisk together. Then add another ½ cup of milk mixture to egg mixture and whisk. Once everything is combined, pour egg mixture into remaining milk mixture in sauce pan and whisk everything together.
How to make Peach Ice Cream (continued)
Heat mixture to 175 degrees to cook eggs. The mixture will be hot and steamy but will not be boiling. Use a thermometer to monitor temperature. Eggs help make Ice Cream custard like and very creamy. It also helps to create nice scoopable scoops of Ice Cream.
Allow mixture to cool in refrigerator for 4 hours OR place sauce pan in an ice water bath and cool mixture to below 50 degrees. It will take about 30 minutes in an Ice bath to cool completely.
Pour cooled mixture into Ice Cream Maker and Follow directions for your own individual maker. Mine takes about 30-40 minutes to churn Ice Cream. Some will take longer and others will take less time.
Meanwhile peel and remove pit from 2 peaches and place in food processor with remaining sugar and puree. You can leave chunks of peaches if you wish.
Add about half the puree to the Ice Cream maker three quarters way through the churning process. Example – If your Ice Cream maker takes 30 minutes, then at 22 minutes of churning add about ½ of the Peach puree into the Ice Cream Mixture. Reserve the remaining puree until the end for nice peach puree swirls in the Ice Cream.
At the end add remaining puree to Ice cream and allow Ice Cream Maker to swirl puree through the Ice Cream. Remove Ice Cream and place in a sealed containing and freeze in freezer until hard, about 2 hours.
Serve Peach Ice Cream with Waffle Cones or Bowls, or a simple Nilla Wafer and sliced peaches. This refreshing dessert will be a favorite all during peach season.
Can I use frozen Peaches?
Frozen Peaches work well in this recipe
How Long will Ice Cream Last?
Homemade Ice Cream will stay fresh up to 3 months if stored properly in the freezer.
What do Eggs Add to Ice Cream?
Adding Eggs to Homemade Ice Cream give a delicious creamy custard like texture. They also help make Ice Cream scoopable.
What to serve with Peach Ice Cream
More Fantastic Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
Here’s more Farmer’s Market Week Recipes
Starters and Drinks Recipes
- Baked Feta Pasta with Spinach by SueBee Homemaker
- Cheese Stuffed Banana Peppers by Savory Moments
- Dill Vinegar by Palatable Pastime
- Herb Cream Cheese Dip by Take Two Tapas
- Simple Zucchini Bread by West Via Midwest
- Watermelon Slush by The Fresh Cooky
- Whipped Feta with Honey by Books n’ Cooks
- Zucchini Pico de Gallo Salsa by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Side Dishes Recipes
- Air-Fried Zucchini by Our Good Life
- Brussels and Bowties by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Classic 3-Bean Salad by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Heirloom Tomato Salad with Burrata by House of Nash Eats
- Mexican Street Corn by Blogghetti
- Parmesan Squash Fries by Cookaholic Wife
- String Beans with Shallots by Family Around the Table
- Watermelon and Feta Salad by Life Love and Good Food
Main Dish Recipes
- Asparagus and Coconut Stir-Fry by Magical Ingredients
- Fresh Chicken and Veggie Pizza by The Freshman Cook
- Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan by Frugal & Fit
- Grilled Chicken Tacos with Strawberry Salsa by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blueberry Pie by Lemon Blossoms
- Chai Snickerdoodle Peach Cobbler by The Spiffy Cookie
- Fresh Peach Shortcake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Peach Bruschetta by The Redhead Baker
- Peach Ice Cream by Devour Dinner
- Peach Kuchen by Hostess At Heart
- Peaches and Cream Cake Roll by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Yogurt Panna Cotta with Fresh Raspberry Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Peach Ice Cream
- 2 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Whole Milk or 2%
- 1 Cup Sugar Granulated
- 3 Egg Yolks
- pinch Cinnamon
- 2 Peaches
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Place the egg yolks in a medium-sized bowl. Large enough so you have room to add additional ingredients.
- In a saucepan combine Heavy Whipping Cream, Whole Milk, and about 1/3 cup of sugar. Stir over Medium Heat to reach about 165 degree. This is when steam will come off mixture but not boil.
- Add 1/3 cup sugar to egg yolks and stir. Mixture will be bright yellow and thick until whisked together and then will turn pale yellow and ribbon. like.
- Add about 1/2 cup of heated milk mixture to egg mixture and wisk together. This will slowly bring egg mixture up to milk mixture temperature.
- Repeat by adding an additional 1/2 cup of heated milk mixture to the egg mixture and whisk together.
- Then combine the egg mixture with remaining milk mixture in sauce pan
- Heat mixture to 175 degrees to ensure eggs are fully cooked for consumption. Use a digital thermometer to test temperature for accuracy. Mixture will be steaming but will not boil.
- Allow Ice Cream Mixture to fully cool before adding to Ice Cream Maker by placing in refrigerator for 4-6 hours
- TIP: hot saucepan with ice cream mixture in an ice water bath to cool quicker.
- Peel Peaches and remove pit. Slice peaches and puree in food processor with remaining 1/3 cup sugar. You can leave chunks of peaches if you wish and set aside
- Once Ice Cream Mixture has cooled to at least 55F degrees, place in Ice Cream Maker and mix according to directions.
- Cuisinart 2 Qt Ice Cream Maker will mix for 35-45 minutes
- After about 3/4 of the processing time for your Ice Cream Maker pour about half of the Peach Puree into the ice cream. Example – If your ice cream machine processes for 30 mins, at the 22 minute time add peach puree.
- Add remaining peach puree once Ice Cream has fully churned for nice peach swirls.
- Remove Ice Cream and place Ice Cream into loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap or sealed container and place in freezer for atleast 2 hours to freeze hard enough to scoop.