Once again I use my large frying pan with 1 pound of hamburger. I use 90% Lean/10% Fat, however you can use whatever you prefer. Cook over medium/high heat and chop up the hamburger until it looks like this (pictured). As the hamburger cooks it will turn from a raw pink color to a nice brown color. This picture shows many of the stages of the meat cooking. You must cook it all, you do not want any pink left. Once it’s all cooked, drain off any excess fat and discard. Then use this as a Base Ingredient to so many other recipes.
When I’m in a rush, this is a quick standby to launch me towards so many options quickly. Who doesn’t love that?!?!
Anytime you need to cook up hamburger try out this recipe first. It will add flavor to so many of your meals.
Hamburger - Base Ingredient
- 1 lb Ground Beef I prefer 90/10
- 1 Onion Chopped and Diced
- 2 cloves garlic Pressed
- In a skillet over medium heat place chopped onion, hamburger and garlic.
- With a wooden spoon or other utensil chop hamburger.
- Cook until there is no longer pink in the hamburger and the onions are clear. Drain off any excess fat and discard.
- Use Hamburger Base Ingredient in other recipes.