In the heat of the summer, a salad is right on the money for something that light and fresh. If you must know, summer salads just make me happy! Summer Bacon and Broccoli Salad is a wonderful side dish to any summer meal or anything you put on the grill. And, I’ll be honest – I was never a fan of raw broccoli until this salad.
Chop broccoli and cauliflower into small bite sized pieces. Add a few stalks of diced celery along with some chopped green onion and you have the base for this salad. Next, add some bacon. You can’t go wrong when you add bacon so don’t worry about over doing it and… go ahead and add all you want. It’s your salad!
This salad is inspired by my friend Chantel W.
Recipes That Taste Good With This
Broccoli Summer Salad
- 1 large head Cauliflower cut into small bite size flourettes
- 2-3 Large Flourettes Broccoli cut into small bite size flourettes
- 1 pkg Frozen Peas
- 1 Bunch Green Onions Chopped
- 2-3 Stalks Celery Copped
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled Bacon
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Vinegar
- 3/4 Cup Shredded Parmasean Cheese
- Wash all fresh vegetables and let dry.
- In a large mixing bowl - Combine: Diced celery, chopped green onions, broccoli and cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets.
- Rinse frozen peas under cool water and let drain. Then add into mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl - Mix: Mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar. Pour over vegetable mixture and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Store in refrigerator.