Have you ever thought to make DIY PB&J Uncrustables right from home? Let me tell you they are so simple to make and the kids will love them! Take them to a new level by making Air Fryer Uncrustables too.
This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for using my links! See my Disclosure Policy here.
My granddaughter (Little Miss) loves these simple sandwiches pressed together with crusts removed. But they can be so expensive so I knew there had to be a better way. With a little bit of research I found the perfect sandwich cutter and a few tips that I want to share.
Making your own peanut butter and jelly uncrustables is really easy when you have an uncrustable maker. Fill with your favorite flavor of jelly or even make Nutella Uncrustables for a fun treat.
You can significantly reduce the calories in a homemade uncrustable by choosing more healthy options. Using low calorie jam or jelly and a fresh peanut butter.
I'm happy to say that my grand daughter loves and I mean LOVES my DIY Uncrustables and I've even tried a grilled cheese uncrustable for her too. She LOVES it!
- Peanut Butter
- Jelly or Jam
- Nutella or Chocolate flavored hazelnut spread
Sandwich cutter and sealer
Favorite Uncrustable Flavors
- Peanut Butter with Grape Jelly
- Peanut Butter with Strawberry Jelly or Jam
- Peanut Butter with Bananas
How to make DIY Uncrustables
Choose a soft bread. Soft bread works best as it will press together and seal. I also find that thinner sliced bread is ideal. Using too thick of a slice of bread doesn't allow much room inside for filling.
Spread a thin layer of Peanut Butter onto the center of bread and top with jelly or jam in the center. Place second piece of bread on top. Using a sandwich cutter press and cut bread. Pressing down on the top will seal and crimp the edges of the sandwich.
How to Freeze Uncrustables for School Lunches or a Quick Snack
Making these simple and ready to eat lunch sandwiches is easy enough but why not freeze a few to have handy. They are truly a grab and go lunch and perfect for school lunches. This is a mom hack right here because I know how busy those mornings can be!
- Make each sandwich as shown and place in a zip-loc bag or plastic wrap. Make sure to remove all air from bag for best results
- Place all individual sandwiches on a cookie sheet or tray and place in freezer overnight. It's important to lay flat and not stack sandwiches.
- Once frozen place all sandwiches into a larger zip-loc bag to store in freezer.
- Grab frozen sandwiches and throw into lunch box. They will thaw in time for lunch. Sandwiches can also be pulled out and placed on counter to thaw.
Where to buy Uncrustables
You can find these ready made sandwiches in many locations. Uncrustables Costo sells large boxes. Most grocery stores also carry them in their freezer section.
How to Seal Uncrustables with a Fork
If you do not have a sandwich sealer or an Uncrustable maker then try this great hack. Make the sandwich as directed and carefully cut off the crust. Then using a fork press and seal the edges together. It's an easy tip for a DIY'er.
Air Fryer Uncrustables
You know I love a grilled PB&J, so take your Uncrustable to the next level and throw in the Air Fryer and toast it right up. My Air Fryer PB&J is so easy to follow and make.
- 8 Slices Bread
- 4-6 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 4-6 Tablespoons Jelly or Jam
- Spread a thin layer of Peanut Butter onto the center of bread and top with jelly or jam in the center.
- Place second piece of bread on top. Using a sandwich cutter press and cut bread.
- Pressing down on the top will seal and crimp the edges of the sandwich.