One of my favorite ways to use apples in the Fall is this sweet and delicious Apple Coffee Cake with a cinnamon streusel crumb topping. It’s okay to lick your lips, it’s a delicious recipe that’s quick to throw together. Hand mixed and with only a few ingredients it’s a perfect recipe to enjoy with Coffee, Tea or even a cup of Hot Cocoa.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #FallFlavors. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the Fall Flavors recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Don’t be fooled, Coffee Cakes don’t typically have Coffee or Mocha in the recipe. The name comes from a baked cake typically served with Coffee for Breakfast, Brunch or an afternoon snack. I’ve always loved the sweet crumble topping made with brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and a little flour.
My mom would make this recipe on the weekends and the house was filled with the flavors of fall, baked apples, and cinnamon. Mmmm, what’s not to love!
I will show you how easy it can be to throw this recipe together and you will be enjoying within the hour. I promise
Shopping List for Apple Coffee Cake
All the ingredients are typical pantry items. Just another reason to love this recipe. When you have a little sweet tooth, run to the kitchen and throw this together.
- All Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar – Dixie Crystal Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Brown Sugar – I use Dixie Crystal Sugars. It really enhances the flavors
This recipe is so simple, even the less experienced in the kitchen can have fun making this recipe. You only need a large mixing bowl, measuring cups, measuring spoons, and a spoon to stir it all together. You might also appreciate using this Apple Peeler to peel and core the apple.
Let’s Make Apple Coffee Cake
Begin by Preheating the Oven to 375F degrees and gathering ingredients.
Step 1: In a large bowl measure 1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour, 3/4 cup Sugar and 2 teaspoons Baking Powder. Mix these dry ingredients together and then create a well in the center.
Step 2: Add 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil, 1 Egg and 1/2 cup Milk. Using a large spoon combine ingredients until mixed. Batter will be thick like a muffin batter consistency.
Step 3: Using an Apple Peeler, slice, peel and core apple then dice into small pieces.
Step 4: Add 1 Tablespoon flour to apples and toss to combine. This helps keep the apples from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
Step 5: Place cake batter into a 9×9 greased glass baking dish
Step 6: Streusel Topping ~ In a separate bowl combine 1/3 cup Brown Sugar, 2 Tablespoons Flour, 1 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon and stir to combine mixing all ingredients together
Step 7: Add 1 1/2 Tablespoon melted butter and mix to combine. Mixture will be a wet crumble.
Step 8: Drop crumble mixture on top of cake
Step 9: Bake at 375 for 22-25 Minutes or until a toothpick in center of cake comes out clean
Serve hota Rafflecopter giveaway
Dixie Crystals Sugar
I grew up being taught that Store Brands were less expensive and the same. As I’ve spent more and more time in the kitchen I’ve found that quality products make big differences and using Dixie Crystals Sugar is a new favorite find. This sugar is very fine and gives my recipes a burst of texture that I love.
I received a huge box of fresh produce including fruits and vegetables from Melissa’s Produce. I live in a rural area that enjoys winter for many months. With short growing seasons finding quality fresh produce is difficult. I loved my box of produce and can’t wait to order more.
In this recipe I used fresh apples sent from Melissa’s Produce. It’s always fantastic to have beautiful fresh produce to serve to my family.
More #FallFlavors Recipes Below:
Appetizers and Snacks
- Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower from Simple and Savory
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie from House of Nash Eats
- Roasted Grapes Crostini With Rosemary And Pecans from Eat Move Make
- Rosemary Roasted Cashews from SueBee Homemaker
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Coffee Cake from Devour Dinner
- Apple Pecan Loaf from Palatable Pastime
- Eggless Pear Almond Mini Loaves from Magical Ingredients
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts And Sweet Potatoes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chestnut Pesto Brussels Sprouts from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Butternut Squash Gnocchi from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- No Marinade Lamb Kabobs from Art of Natural Living
- Chestnut Chocolate Mousse from The Spiffy Cookie
- Chocolate Pumpkin Mini Cheesecakes from Jen around the world
- Graham Cracker Crumble from The Fresh Cooky
- Pear Crisp Recipe from Hostess At Heart
Apple Coffee Cake
- 1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour + 1 Tablespoon *Divided
- 3/4 Cup Sugar Dixie Crystals Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Apple Large
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar Dixie Crystals Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Flour All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Butter Melted
- In a large bowl measure 1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour, 3/4 cup Sugar and 2 teaspoons Baking Powder. Mix these dry ingredients together and then create a well in the center.
- Add 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil, 1 Egg and 1/2 cup Milk. Using a large spoon combine ingredients until mixed. Batter will be thick like a muffin batter consistency.
- Using an Apple Peeler, slice, peel and core apple then dice into small pieces.
- Add 1 Tablespoon flour to apples and toss to combine. This helps keep the apples from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
- Place cake batter into a 9×9 greased glass baking dish
- Streusel Topping ~ In a separate bowl combine 1/3 cup Brown Sugar, 2 Tablespoons Flour, 1 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon and stir to combine mixing all ingredients together
- Add 1 1/2 Tablespoon melted butter and mix to combine. Mixture will be a wet crumble.
- Drop crumble mixture on top of cake
- Bake at 375 for 22-25 Minutes or until a toothpick in center of cake comes out clean
Welcome to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a 1/2 lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa’s Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.
Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn’s
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn’s Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn’s has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 valueSix (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.