Light and refreshing, Lemon Lush Dessert is a fantastic recipe featuring my favorite flavor, lemon! Some call this favorite recipe Lemon Lasagna, others might refer to it as a Lemon No Bake Dessert Recipe. For me, this recipe makes me smile as a family favorite.Welcome to #LemonWeek 2022 hosted by Lynn from Fresh April Flours and Rebecca from Devour Dinner. This week is sponsored by Rodelle and La Tourangelle. I may have received product samples from these sponsors to help in the creation of my recipes. All opinions are my own. Come join me and my fellow Lemon Week bloggers as we bring you recipes from appetizers to drinks to entrées and desserts!
This is a fun No Bake Recipe that can easily be made by those less experienced in the kitchen. It's even more fun to get the kids involved and let them help.
If you are looking for a good easy dessert on a Hot Day, look no further. You will love every cool bite of this recipe. I love how the layers play and compliment each other.
The lemon pudding is more sweet than tart add with the Cream Cheese layer it's rich and delicious.
With a hint of sweet and salty for the crust, Pecan Sandies add just a perfect touch to this recipe. This recipe would be fantastic served over my Lemon Pound Cake Recipe. Mmmm. So good!
Ingredient Shopping List
This no bake dessert recipe uses ingredients you will find in your local grocery store.
Crust: Pecan Sandies Cookies and Butter
Layers: Lemon Pie Filling, Milk, Cream Cheese, Cool Whip, Powdered Sugar, Lemon Juice and Zest
- Hand Mixer
- 9x13inch Baking Dish
- Measuring Spoons
- Large Mixing Bowls
- Silicone Spatula
How to make Lemon Lush
EEK! I'm excited to help you make this fun recipe. So gather your ingredients and supplies needed. It's so easy and fun to make. Here is a tip, if your Cool Whip is frozen, make sure it's completely thawed out before you begin.
To make the crust, crush Pecan Sandies Cookies and combine with melted butter in a bowl. Using a fork, mix ingredients together to resemble a crumble. Press mixture into a 9x13inch baking dish making an even layer.
In a separate large bowl combine softened cream cheese with powdered sugar and lemon juice. Use a hand mixer to blend ingredients together. Then carefully add 2 cups of Cool Whip and mix on low speed just until combined. Do not over mix.
Spread cream cheese layer on top of crust evenly and set aside.
In a large bowl mix pudding mixes with milk and blend on low speed until combined and increase to medium speed. Allow pudding to set for a minute or two before carefully spreading over cream cheese layer.
Finally spread remaining Cool Whip on top as a final layer. Garnish with lemon zest and reserved cookie crumbs.
All lush to chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
How long does Lemon Pudding Dessert Last?
Lemon Lush will last up to 5 days when stored covered in refrigerator
How far ahead can you make Lemon Lush Recipe?
This easy Lemon recipe can be made the night before and placed in refrigerator to chill until ready to serve.
Can I freeze Lemon Lush Dessert?
Lemon Lush uses Cream Cheese which does not freeze well and becomes grainy. I do not recommend freezing this no bake dessert.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Crust. Try using Golden Oreos instead of Pecan Sandies for a fun twist.
Cool Whip. Freshly whipped Cream can be used in place of Cool Whip
Pudding. Switch up the flavors and use Chocolate Pudding, Butterscotch Pudding, or even Cheesecake Flavored Puddings.
Garnish. Try adding Blueberries on top for a fun Lemon Blueberry dessert.
What's the difference between Meyer Lemons and Regular Lemons?
Myer Lemons are small and the color is a darker yellow. The pulp is also darker in color. The skin is thin and more smooth than a traditional lemon.
When possible use fresh lemon juice in this recipe for best results. You will appreciate the lemon flavor so much more.
This Instant Lemon Pudding Dessert Recipe will bring smiles to everyone's face and the excitement will build until they take a bite. It's also a welcomed dessert recipe at any BBQ or Pot Luck. It's refreshing and delicious.
If you love Lemons they you will definitely want to check out these other Lemon Dessert Ideas and other recipes for Lemon Week 2022. They are so fun!
Wednesday #LemonWeek Recipes
- Lemon Curd Layer Cake by Fresh April Flours
- Lemon Poke Cake by Blogghetti
- Lemonade Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crepes with Lemon Curd and Mascarpone by Art Of Natural Living
- Braided Lemon Bread with Blackberries by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chicken Costoletta by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Lemon Lush by Devour Dinner
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars by Best Cookie Recipes
- Lemon Pudding Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Cheesecake Bombs by Simply Inspired Meals
- One Pot Lemon Garlic Pasta Recipe by The Fresh Cooky
- Lemon Loaf Cake by A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Pudding Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemon Blueberry Crumb Bars by An Affair From The Heart
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes by Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Lemon Sorbet by Jen Around The World
- Lemon Blueberry Waffles by Lemon Blossoms
- Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies by Home Cooked Harvest
- Lemon Rosemary Marmalade by That Recipe
- Lemon Crepes by The Redhead Baker
- Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake by Jonesin’ For A Taste
- Lemon Coriander Soup by Magical Ingredients
- 3 Cup Pecan Sandies Crushed About 22 cookies
- 1 Cup Butter Melted
- 2 8oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Cool Whip Topping
- 2 3.4 ounces Lemon Pudding Instant
- 2 ¾ Cup 2% Milk Cold
- 2 Cup Cool Whip Topping
- 3 Pecan Sandies Cookies Crushed
- Crush Pecan Sandies Cookies and combine with melted butter in a bowl. Using a fork, mix ingredients together to resemble a crumble.
- Press mixture into a 9x13inch baking dish making an even layer. Bake at 350 Degrees for 20-23 Minutes.
- In a separate large bowl combine softened cream cheese with powdered sugar and lemon juice. Use a hand mixer to blend ingredients together.
- Then carefully add 1 cups of Cool Whip and mix on low speed just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Spread cream cheese layer on top of crust evenly and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix pudding mixes with milk and blend on low speed until combined and increase to medium speed.
- Allow pudding to set for a minute or two before carefully spreading over cream cheese layer.
- Finally spread remaining Cool Whip on top as a final layer. Garnish with lemon zest and reserved cookie crumbs.
- Allow lush to chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
I love the delicious layers! This is the perfect dessert for summer.
Oh my goodness those layers are so pretty!! I love lemon desserts.
There's nothing like a creamy lemon dessert in summer!
Teri @ The Freshman Cook
I love a no bake recipe, especially in the summer. This looks so tasty; and I am looking forward to trying it!
This dessert is delicious. I have made it a couple of times now and every time it comes out amazing.
Love hearing that! Thank you
Lynn @ Fresh April Flours
Holy moly, this is delicious! All those layers make a wonderful combo! Love the pecan crust!
It's the BEST
This dessert is 100% dreamy! Just look at those layers!!
I've seen this but I've never made it. Who knew it was so easy? I love no bake recipes!
Love me a no bake dessert, we are having some friends over this weekend and this will be perfect!
Karen's Kitchen Stories
This is so pretty and sounds so refreshing. We all love no bake desserts in the summer!
A perfect summer treat.
This lemon lunch is divine!! I love all the layers and this is perfect for summer! Gorgeous photos too 🙂
Simply Inspired Meals
Oh, I love the look of this, so refreshing. Ingredients going on the shopping list today 🙂
Oh my word! This looks amazing. I love everything about this recipe.