With my chicken cubed, my vegetables washed and cut – I’m ready to get it cooking! My boys love the flavor of Yoshida’s Gourmet Teriyaki Sauce, so I add this to the chicken while it’s cooking along with some garlic. When the chicken is completely cooked I add in my harder vegetables first to give them a little extra time cooking. Carrots seem to take the longest, so I add carrots and onions first (people have a thing against crunchy onions) followed by broccoli, cauliflower and mushrooms. Last but not least I throw in zucchini and squash. They tend to cook the quickest anyways.
Add some ginger to give those vegetables a little kick of flavor and just before it’s done cooking throw in some cashews to warm up. These are two things that really kick it up a notch!
If you have particular eaters like I do, then cook the vegetables separate and serve them a plain Stir Fry Chicken bowl.
Recipes That Taste Good With This
Chicken Stir Fry
- 3 Cups Cubed Chicken See Cubed Chicken Base Ingredient
- 1 Cup Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 Zucchini Sliced
- 1 Crook Neck Squash Sliced
- 1 Cup Carrots Peeled and Sliced
- 1 Sweet Onion Diced
- 1 large Broccoli Florets Cut into smaller Florets
- 1 Cauliflower Cut into smaller florets
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Teriyaki Sauce *I prefer Yoshida's Gourmet Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Cashew Nuts I use pieces
- 2 1/2 Cup Rice
- 5 Cup water
- Dash Salt
- Wash and cut all fresh vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Use Cubed Chicken Base Ingredient recipe to cook cubed chicken. Add 1/4 cup of teriyaki sauce. If sauce gets too thick add a little bit of water water to keep it thinned down.
- When chicken is done cooking, add vegetables. Add harder vegetables first to allow for longer cooking time. I start with carrots and onions and allow them to cook for a few minutes before I add broccoli, cauliflower and mushrooms. I finish with zucchini and squash because they cook the fastest. *This helps to have cook the vegetables to the same softness.
- Sprinkle Ginger over vegetables and add cashews. Stir and serve over white rice or savory rice.
- Rice is always cooked with a 2 to 1 ratio. Two cups liquid to One cup Rice. Always add a dash of salt to your water. Place rice and water in a sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Once you have a full boil, cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. Allow to cook for 30 minutes. Do not remove lid until it's complete.