Fresh Marinara Sauce
Who doesn't love Marinara Sauce? Who doesn't love Fresh Marinara Sauce? This recipe is sure to please even your pickiest eaters and it's very simple to throw together while your noddles are cooking. Really, it's that easy!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1 Tbls Butter
- 1 medium Onion Diced and sauted
- 2 14.5oz cans Italian Stewed Tomatos
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Fresh Basil Finely Chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic Pressed
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper *I prefer fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup Broth or White Wine *Personal preference, Veggie or Chicken Broth has wonderful flavor if you prefer not to use Wine.
- 1 Tbls Sugar *Optional - This helps to take the acid out of the tomatoes if needed.
In a large sauce pan over medium/high heat use 1 Tablespoon of butter and saute' onions until clear.
Add Stewed Tomatoes, Tomato Paste, Fresh basil, Garlic, Salt and Pepper and broth* and stir to combine.
Allow to simmer for 30 minutes
Remove from heat and use a hand blender to puree sauce well. The flavors will meld together. If the acid from the tomatoes is too much, use 1 Tbls sugar to help cut the acid.